• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF | Interim Thread 7

Only really came to GAF for this OT. Been a pleasure fellas. Feel free to PM me if you're setting up shop elsewhere.

hogan-tears-gif.gif

Come to ResetEra, open signups start tonight.

jabintendo

Neo Member
Great fight card. Shame that Masvidal and Thompson wasn't great (IMO). Hope Woodley defends against Lawler or Covington instead of Thompson again

JimiNutz

Banned
If GSP beats Whittaker and then defends the Middleweight title at least once then I think he is arguably greatest of all time (at least in the UFC anyway).

To go on such a long title reign at Welterweight, completely clean out that division (when it was a pretty stacked division as well), take four years off and then come back and take the middleweight title (and defend it) is an amazing accomplishment.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
If GSP beats Whittaker and then defends the Middleweight title at least once then I think he is arguably greatest of all time (at least in the UFC anyway).

To go on such a long title reign at Welterweight, completely clean out that division (when it was a pretty stacked division as well), take four years off and then come back and take the middleweight title (and defend it) is an amazing accomplishment.

thats a good point

another one is that GSP doesn't have question marks around him or is tainted by steroids like Jones and Silva

I'd give it to him over MM at that point, but if MM beats TJ then it becomes trickier.

If Andrei Arlovski loses his next fight he will officially hold the record for most losses in a row in the UFC at 6.

I struggle to think of anyone that even has 5 but I know there are a few. Btw getting cut from the UFC and coming back and losing again doesn't count.

Snoopycat

Banned
I like Cyborg a lot but it's embarrassing watching her fighting these soccer mums. I don't blame her. I blame the UFC for not being able to find and anyone who can actually challenge her.

Snoopycat

Banned
Should never have been allowed on the main card. It was embarrasing watching those 2 clowns. I laughed when Rogan mentioned Megan Anderson's planned match against Cyborg. Man, that would have been a bloodbath.

its funny because danas reasoning for putting that shit fight on the main card is because cm punk drawing a lot of people to watch but i really think he overestimated cm punks relevancy these days. i mean he got destroyed his last fight i dont think people really cared that much to watch him fight an amateur this time

Top Bottom