• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Digital Graphic Novel Sale at Amazon

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I've only really read a significant amount of the recent Ms Marvel, some Star Wars stuff and weirdly enough some of the recent Valiant books.

I'd see a decent mix of comedy and action is what I like best, but I also enjoyed the grittiness of the Valiant stuff I read.

nothing weird about reading Valiant. Valiant the GOAT.

Bought this series for now. Still surfing for more. This is going to end up being expensive, I know it lol.

oh yeah... still hurting from the last sale lol.

def check out Remender's 6 volume Uncanny X-Force run if you want more X-books, it is beautiful and brutal

Thanks for the rec! I think I'm just going to jump on that one. Too enticing to pass up this sale.

happy to help

flkraven

nothing weird about reading Valiant. Valiant the GOAT.

oh yeah... still hurting from the last sale lol.

def check out Remender's 6 volume Uncanny X-Force run if you want more X-books, it is beautiful and brutal

happy to help

what is your opinion of Dan Slott and his Spider-Man series'?

Fury451

Banned
What Star Wars is worth getting? Picked up Aphra already and bought most of the Marvel hero titles last time around lol

May finally get Hick's Avengers too.

What Star Wars is worth getting? Picked up Aphra already and bought most of the Marvel hero titles last time around lol

May finally get Hick's Avengers too.

Haven't dipped my toe into the Star Wars comics myself but people really praise Kieron Gillen's Darth Vader

Thanks for the rec! I think I'm just going to jump on that one. Too enticing to pass up this sale.

Right? My Marvel wishlist is shrinking while my DC wishlist stubbornly stays long.
DC are really good at keeping old books reprinted and available digitally. If there was a sale for them I would have over 100 trades to decide between on my wishlist.

J_Viper

Oh shit that Batman sale is going to kill me

Okay I already have Hush Deluxe and a few volumes of Snyder's run. I'm gonna rebuy Year One and TDKR so I have it on Comixology.

Aside from Long Halloween, which I'm for sure buying, what else is essential?

jon bones

Okay I already have Hush Deluxe and a few volumes of Snyder's run. I'm gonna rebuy Year One and TDKR so I have it on Comixology.

THE BLACK MIRROR

maybe my favorite bat book

Bruce is MIA so Dick takes up the mantle and has to get to the bottom of some dirty business

its fantastic

I've only read Vol. 1 of Detective Comics. Rise of the Batmen. It was really good.
Thanks, I'll pick it up.

Gonna be my first digital Batman book actually. I got a lot of them as physical trades.
THE BLACK MIRROR

Bruce is MIA so Dick takes up the mantle and has to get to the bottom of some dirty business

its fantastic
And that artwork by Jock

So good.

I agree with Jon & George on Black Mirror. I also enjoy Killing Joke and love Morrison's Batman and Robin run (Another run where it's not Bruce under the cowl)

flkraven

New, jumping back into comics, here is what I got so far:

Astonishing X-Men Vol 1, 2, 3, 4
Superior Spider-Man Vol 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

and (to read before Superior Spider-Man):
Spider-Man: Died in Your Arms Tonight
Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth
Spider-Man: Dying Wish

Thanks for the feedback guys. Still looking over Valiant and the other options you suggested jon bones.

If there are any other must-haves, let me know!

Wanderer5

THE BLACK MIRROR

its fantastic

I don't think Bruce was MIA at that time, more so that he was busy with Batman Inc and let Dick continue being Batman.:p

Anyway I just picked it up. Would love to check out more of Grant Morrison work on Bats, but that will be for another time.

Are these good to go to read on a kindle paperwhite?

I prefer to read manga on Paperwhite but I suppose regular comics aren't too bad if you don't have any alternatives.

Y8elSWz.png

Waid's Daredevil run is fantastic. So is the the run Bendis did on Daredevil.

*EDIT* Holy shit, both runs are like 15 bucks each total. That's AMAZING. I already own these in physical copies and may bite again anyway.

Pau

Should ask this in here too in case this thread gets more traffic:

What's the best way to get New Mutants? Seems like they came out with an "Epic Collection" but it's an awkward break compared to the original volumes they were doing.

Waid's Daredevil run is fantastic. So is the the run Bendis did on Daredevil.

*EDIT* Holy shit, both runs are like 15 bucks each total. That's AMAZING. I already own these in physical copies and may bite again anyway.

If you really like DD, I would stress using your that Amazon free book promo on Born Again, if you don't already have it that is

If you really like DD, I would stress using your that Amazon free book promo on Born Again, if you don't already have it that is

I've already got it but it's a good recommendation for anyone wanting to get into Daredevil. I was just throwing out recommendations. The bendis run especially is one of my favorite runs in all of comics. You can get all three big ass digital trades for 15 bucks total. That's like 60 issues. Hell of a deal.

jon bones

Bendis' Daredevil is one of my favorite comic runs. anyone interested in DD show will love it.

Should ask this in here too in case this thread gets more traffic:

What's the best way to get New Mutants? Seems like they came out with an "Epic Collection" but it's an awkward break compared to the original volumes they were doing.

I am also interested in this... i want to read more than just the DemonBear Arc

Just grabbed:

House of M
Doctor Strange Masterworks Vol. 1
Fantastic Four (Hickman) Vol. 1, 2

These deals are insane. I want to buy so much more but I need to save my money for now. Ugh.

So am I going to get a free book email or something soon?

J_Viper

Damn, I fucked up my free comic promo

I bought Infinity using my free credit, but when I checked my order detail, it showed an authorization to charge my card seven bucks. That led me to cancel the order.

Two seconds later I received a confirmation e-mail that the order was indeed placed with the free credit, and my card wouldn't be charged.

No way I can get the free credit back now, right?

THE BLACK MIRROR

its fantastic

I agree with Jon & George on Black Mirror. I also enjoy Killing Joke and love Morrison's Batman and Robin run (Another run where it's not Bruce under the cowl)

Thanks fellas

Final Batman haul

Black Mirror
TDKR Saga
Long Halloween
Dark Victory
Year One
Nightfall

Also grabbed Vader Down and Gwenpool Vol. 3 from the Marvel sale

EDIT: My fault, didn't realize the other thread was the new primary thread for this

TehOh

Current haul:
Daredevil by Bendis vol 1-3
Daredevil by Miller
Thor by Simonson vol 1-4
Thor Goddess of Thunder vol 1-2
Mighty Thor vol 1-4
Thor: God of Thunder vol 1-4
The Unworthy Thor
Power Man & Iron Fist vol 2-3
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl vol 4-5
Marvel 1602 (I have this in hardcover, but kinda want to reread digitally)
(bought all of the main Brubaker Captain America run last time, but to fill out the collection:)
Winter Soldier vol 1-4
Captain America & Bucky vol 1-2
Steve Rodgers: Super Soldier

Total: $84.60

And I still haven't quite finished everything from the last sale! I should probably stop.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Spent about $70 so far.

I haven't purchased a comic for years, but have been eyeing some of the newer Star Wars trades for the past couple years. Getting practically the entire 2015-2016 run for less than a new videogame to live on my Kindle app was kind of hard to pass up.

I also threw in for some of the X-Men recommendations, the Civil War run, the Infinity Gauntlet, Ms. Marvel and Captain Marvel. Some others mentioned earlier I forget. Probably should get Vision since the thread is more insistent on it than anything. I'm working off blind recommendations really.

Top Bottom