• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

MisterShine
(04-20-2017, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by MaximumSpider

Can't wait for the P5 characters to be flanderized.

Just pretend it's all in-universe fan-fic like I do and enjoy the stupidity.
UltimateUnknown
(04-20-2017, 04:17 PM)
Hit me Atlus. Hit me baby one more time with as many Persona 5 games/spinoffs as possible. My body is ready.
Eylos
Banned
(04-20-2017, 04:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Kalentan

I hope there just spin offs and not an updated version of P5. Stuff like that should be a patch or DLC.

Persona 5 red:
New slinks:
-marie sister
-shido
You can have a car to drive to MT. Fuji
New quest
New cutscenes (hot springs)

Dibs
Iva Demilcol
(04-20-2017, 04:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Vlaphor

If there is a dancing, it needs to have more than just the protagonists dancing this time. We need a more rounded out cast of characters to go on the dance floor.

This is my way of saying that, while yes, I could watch Catsuit Ann dance all day, I'm equally as interested seeing the moves of Maid Becky, Tae Takemi, and Ichiki Ohya on the dance floor as well. Oh, and everyone needs the Arabian suit from P4D

You'll get Oda and you'll like him.
BossRush
(04-20-2017, 04:20 PM)

Originally Posted by FluxWaveZ

Considering how P5 ends, I'm not too sure that's true...

They managed to make a reason for the midnight channel returning I'm sure they can bullshit something here as well
Zyrox
(04-20-2017, 04:22 PM)
Ooh I'm so ready for a Persona 5 Arena. Probably my most wanted dream game at this point. Played P4A and P4AU for thousands (literally) of hours. I already constantly speculate how the cast of P5 would work fighting game wise as I'm playing P5 haha
I think Bike Persona is still kinda dumb but could make for a neat mechanic in P5A.

Re: 2D or 2.5D
Yea that's the question. I'd love if they went with GG style visuals, even if it meant a reduced character count. The characters I played the most in P4A/U would probably get the axe in that scenario since they aren't core cast members but I'd take the hit for those sweet dynamic camera angles.
Yu Narukami
(04-20-2017, 04:23 PM)
I know games are expensive to make but I prefer Atlus from PS2 era over milking Atlus.
FHIZ
(04-20-2017, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Tribes of Trusty

P4 cast acting as cops and P5 as robbers.
Plus an awesome soundtrack.

let me dream

Man... that works so well. That's some fan fiction I can get behind.
pizzacat
Banned
(04-20-2017, 04:41 PM)
Persona 3 Diamond

P5A pls have aki
Zolo
(04-20-2017, 04:48 PM)
I wonder if the games will have bonds in them.
Son Of Sparda
(04-20-2017, 04:50 PM)
If we are getting a new version of Persona 5 then I want them to try some new systems in it.

Like a few next-gen/intertwined S-links or a revamped time system as a separate mode. I don't want them to play it safe and simply add a little bit of new contents/events in it.
Zafir
(04-20-2017, 04:52 PM)
Sigh.... I love Persona 5 to bits, but, I just want Persona 6 now. :(

Despite platting P4D, I can't say I cared at all for the story. The story in Persona 4 Arena was kind of eh as well, and I can't imagine ultimax was much different.

Persona Q had some interesting dialogue, but meh.

I just don't care for all these spin off titles. x.x
Holundrian
(04-20-2017, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by FluxWaveZ

I think that's what most people who want a P5A hope for. Xrd graphics for it would be amazing.

Originally Posted by Eylos

Probably they Will use the guilty gear engine

Call me generally surprised. I often feel like there is a strong reverence for sprite work and Persona Arena has pretty good sprite work. Still not to the point I'm absolutely in love with it .
Acquiescence
(04-20-2017, 04:54 PM)
Persona 5: Summer Lesson

texhnolyze
Banned
(04-20-2017, 04:55 PM)
I'd dance all day long with Persona 5 soundtracks. So good..
QuiteWhittle
his name is Jacob and he matters.
(04-20-2017, 04:57 PM)
Persona 5 Dancing
Persona 5 Ultimax
Persona R(Sequel to PQ)
Persona 5 Argentum/Silver
Fancolors
(04-20-2017, 05:00 PM)
p5ag is gonna be a portable P5 for the Switch.

#believeit
Son Of Sparda
(04-20-2017, 05:03 PM)
P5R - Persona 5 waRriors

Believe in Musou.
BRSxIgnition
(04-20-2017, 05:06 PM)
I'm super excited for Persona to give me a reason to buy a Switch. No way the handheld Persona 5 (Ruby? Silver? Crimson?) is coming to Vita.

That goes double if P3D is Persona 3 Diamond (Answer + P3P) and not Persona 3 Dancing.
StrikeFirst117
Banned
(04-20-2017, 05:08 PM)
I'm in for another Arena spin off game though I dunno about a dancing game.
Regardless the spin off milking clearly begins now.
duckroll
(04-20-2017, 05:10 PM)
In for Persona 5 Racing All Night and Persona 5 Angry Ghosts.
Tribes of Trusty
(04-20-2017, 05:11 PM)
I'd LOVE for persona 6 to do a Persona 4, that is to say to release a couple years after P5 and not freaking 9.
tirkaroKujo
(04-20-2017, 05:15 PM)
Completely unsurprising. After seeing dem P5 reception/sales numbers, I'm putting money on the next 5 years at Atlus HQ looking like this
Zafir
(04-20-2017, 05:17 PM)

I'd LOVE for persona 6 to do a Persona 4, that is to say to release a couple years after P5 and not freaking 9.

Yup. Agreed.

Ain't happening though. Katsura Hashino, Shigenori Soejima, and Shoji Meguro are working on that Project Re-Fantasy instead. That's not to say Persona 6 work couldn't happen, but it won't be fast considering they'd be focusing on that first and foremost.

Instead we get more milking, yay. *sigh*
Son Of Sparda
(04-20-2017, 05:19 PM)

Didn't the team (or at least some key members of it) move on to the new Fantasy RPG project? I'll be very surprised if we heard anything about Persona 6 until at least the end of 2018.

Well, unless they decide to have another 3-4 years gap between announcement to release. Which is apparently something they really like to do considering their announcement of new SMT and the Fantasy RPG Project.
Enduin
No bald cap? Lies!
(04-20-2017, 05:21 PM)
I'm going to be really surprised if none of these or something in the future doesn't end up being a Switch version. Either as a Golden style new content version, or just a straight portable version, with little to no real additions or changes. They would crazy to pass up a portable version.

And while a Vita version might still be justifiable given the success of P4G, it would likely require a whole lot of work to make it run on that system which could deter the investment on their part. Especially because what Vita community there is probably is not as robust as when P4G came out. Further diminishing their return on investment.

And add me to the list hoping P6 only takes 2-3 years tops, like P4 did after P3. I like P5 a good bit so far, but I'm not really enamored with it, so unless they do some really huge changes and additions for a Silver/Red/whatever version I'm not sure I really care to double dip. Just a couple days before the school trip and the main plot, characters and overall restrictiveness of your time has me a bit underwhelmed.
Palette Swap
(04-20-2017, 05:25 PM)
Persona 5 Densha, the train simulator nobody asked for.
Salty Rice
(04-20-2017, 05:26 PM)
I never saw it coming.

Nah i did.
Bebpo
Banned
(04-20-2017, 05:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Minsc

Unlike P4G, this one would be a fairly heavy downgrade, curious to see how it'd look. I'm basically imagining P5 using P4 graphics more or less, but that probably doesn't work very well. Either way, doubt it related to a port of P5, be surprised if we hear anything about such a thing for another 2 years or more. At which point, I'm not even sure if Vita will still be a blip on the radar anymore.

I don't think they'll port it to Vita, but you do realize P5 has a PS3 version that is 100% identical no downgrade from the PS4 version, right? We're not talking a PS4->vita port, but a PS3->vita port of which there have been plenty. There'd be downgrades, but shouldn't be a major issue.
BRSxIgnition
(04-20-2017, 05:28 PM)
I wonder if they'll be able to fix the localization in the handheld version of P5. It's not completely broken per se, but it could use some smoothing over.
Son Of Sparda
(04-20-2017, 05:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Enduin

... I like P5 a good bit so far, but I'm not really enamored with it .... Just a couple days before the school trip and the main plot, characters and overall restrictiveness of your time has me a bit underwhelmed.

Oh man, the worst is yet to come.
Gardios
(04-20-2017, 05:30 PM)

Originally Posted by MaximumSpider

Can't wait for the P5 characters to be flanderized.

"LADY ANN LADY ANN LADY ANN"

"Bona-fide Monafied!"

"Effin Akechi!!"

"PANCAKES!?"
purseowner
(04-20-2017, 05:32 PM)

Originally Posted by duckroll

In for Persona 5 Racing All Night and Persona 5 Angry Ghosts.

*Persona 5: Take Your Kart
themaskedndi
(04-20-2017, 05:35 PM)
I know p5r is probably "Persona 5 Red," but I would be all about a Fast & Furious style car heist game with the Persona 5 cast. So much potential there!

I enjoyed the Persona 4 spin-offs even though they got ridiculous, so I am not complaining about any of this.
BRSxIgnition
(04-20-2017, 05:35 PM)
Fingers crossed that the eventual handheld version of P5 comes to Switch rather than Vita. I enjoy having access to all the mainline Persona games in one system, but the Switch would be the better option for P5, IMO.

Haven't they even flat out said they will not be able to port P5 to Vita anyway? I remember seeing something like that somewhere.
Dave1988
(04-20-2017, 05:39 PM)
More Persona? Sign me right the fuck up!
wrowa
(04-20-2017, 05:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Bebpo

I don't think they'll port it to Vita, but you do realize P5 has a PS3 version that is 100% identical no downgrade from the PS4 version, right? We're not talking a PS4->vita port, but a PS3->vita port of which there have been plenty. There'd be downgrades, but shouldn't be a major issue.

Persona 3 should have been possible on PSP as well and yet Portable's presentation got heavily downgraded.

Once again, I imagine that file size would be the major issue here. Persona 5 is 16GB on PS3, Vita cart sizes only go up to 4GB (apparently with only 3.3 GB actually being usable). I have my doubts that additional compression alone would be enough to reduce P5's file size by roughly 13GB.
Enduin
No bald cap? Lies!
(04-20-2017, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by Son Of Sparda

Oh man, the worst is yet to come.

Well that's foreboding. I've literally put off playing the game for 2 days to give myself a cool down period as it's all I've been doing after work since it came out.
Shift Breaker
(04-20-2017, 05:43 PM)
Hopefully they're just registering the domains so no one else does. I can see spinoffs happening down the line, but hopefully they're something completely different than what we received from P4, I feel like it got milked the way it did was because of how long it was between 4 and 5's release.

If I had to pick though, third person action game. Give me Persona May Cry or give me nothing.
snow in jamaica
(04-20-2017, 05:49 PM)

Originally Posted by pbayne

Go crazy and even include P2 Tatsuya and Lisa or whoever even though they'd be ancient compared to everyone else lol/

They'd only be in their late 20s or early 30s, according to P3's Who's Who.
awilliams213
(04-20-2017, 05:50 PM)
So ready for more dancing All-Night in late 2018/early 2019.
Phu
Banned
(04-20-2017, 05:51 PM)

Originally Posted by themaskedndi

I know p5r is probably "Persona 5 Red," but I would be all about a Fast & Furious style car heist game with the Persona 5 cast. So much potential there!

I enjoyed the Persona 4 spin-offs even though they got ridiculous, so I am not complaining about any of this.

That's all I can think of too but that'd be kinda lame. It'd be like if we got Persona 4 Yellow. 'Golden' was extra-nice because it worked both as a color and a status thing and I'm not sure there's a 'red' equivalent but even something like 'crimson' would be cooler.
Trace
Banned
(04-20-2017, 05:53 PM)
Give me ALL THE SPINOFFS Atlus. Loved both Arena and Dancing All Night.
tim_pkmn89
(04-20-2017, 05:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Phu

That's all I can think of too but that'd be kinda lame. It'd be like if we got Persona 4 Yellow. 'Golden' was extra-nice because it worked both as a color and a status thing and I'm not sure there's a 'red' equivalent but even something like 'crimson' would be cooler.

Persona 5 Ruby?

A red-colored item of value
jayu26
(04-20-2017, 05:55 PM)
Oh yeah! Milk that shit.
themaskedndi
(04-20-2017, 05:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Phu

I guess they could go with "Persona 5 Ruby," but I associate Ruby with Pokemon. I've definitely been thinking of the inevitable enhanced remake as Crimson.
Guess Who
Banned
(04-20-2017, 05:57 PM)
I went all-in for P4 spinoffs and I only regret it now - I'm not big on fighting games, and I thought DAN was a poor rhythm game, so ultimately all the spinoffs did for me is sour my opinion on a game I really loved.

I really, really like P5, so I'm not making the same mistake twice.

Also: why do people think an enhanced port of P5 is inevitable, in a world where they can just add new features and content through patches and DLC? This isn't the PS2 era.
Spman2099
(04-20-2017, 06:01 PM)
I genuinely like Ultimax more than standard Persona 4. Not because I dislike Persona 4 or anything, but because Ultimax is such an awesome game. I am absolutely down for another one. It would make me so very, very happy (especially since the P5 characters are so damn awesome).

Originally Posted by pbayne

Id kill for an arena game. Think how much cooler the P3 cast become with the timeskip then apply that to the p4 cast. Go crazy and even include P2 Tatsuya and Lisa or whoever even though they'd be ancient compared to everyone else lol/

Atlus, listen to this man. Also, give me Ulala and I will buy multiple copies. I am not joking. Do it, Atlus. Just... do it.
Mister_Ruck
(04-20-2017, 06:04 PM)

Originally Posted by texhnolyze

I'd dance all day long with Persona 5 soundtracks. So good..

I think it's a decent soundtrack but very few of the tracks would be appropriate for dancing lol. I can think of maybe three or four. Then again, P4D had very few songs as well and half of them were awful remixes so sure, why not. Still salty about Rise only having like two songs.

However they should at the very least give it to a competent rhythm game dev. The charts in P4D are a mess.

Originally Posted by Guess Who

Also: why do people think an enhanced port of P5 is inevitable, in a world where they can just add new features and content through patches and DLC? This isn't the PS2 era.

Because this is Atlus. The same company that charges $10 more for handheld games and gets away with it. The same company that sold three different versions of Persona 3. The same company that made Ultimax (I'm aware Arcsys is the dev) instead of selling DLC for Arena, and then also sold DLC for that.