• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Famicom Mini Trailer posted by Nintendo Japan

Azuardo

So no home/menu button on the controller confirmed for sure then. Was hoping they'd add it whilst there was time after we first saw it a couple of months back. Rewind feature is nice tho.

Platy

56 seconds

"Campcom Co. LTD"

AOwbSKS.png

Meesh

Want so bad. Looking forward to the inevitable hacking for it too as I think the Famicom mini looks probably better than SNES mini.

Anything notable in the Star Fox 2 footage they showed? I'm not familiar with the ROMS out there other than knowing they are incomplete.

Ridley327

Oh cool, there's a rewind feature for the games, different borders to choose from and a cute interactive Mario that helps load your save states, as well as the features that the NES Classic already featured.

That being said, it looks like they're being 100% faithful to how these games ran originally, so Star Fox and Star Fox 2 remain sluggish, to put it mildly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Were custom borders & scanlines part of the NES Mini? Slightly bummed the borders aren't related to the games, similar to how the Super Game Boy would have unique borders based on what GB game you were playing.

Rewind feature is a nice addition, wonder how far back you can go.

Ridley327

Were custom borders & scanlines part of the NES Mini? Slightly bummed the borders aren't related to the games, similar to how the Super Game Boy would have unique borders based on what GB game you were playing.

There was a CRT filter on the NES Classic, but borders are new to SNES Classic.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No Mother 2, no buy.
Earthbound is part of the SNES Mini for the US & EU. Japan gets 4 games swapped.

Earthbound = Fire Emblem
Super Punchout = that Soccer game
Kirby's Dream Course = Panel de Pon
Super Castlevania IV = Goemon

radcliff

Looks like the scan lines option comes with the blur filter like with NES Classic. Was hoping there would be 2 scan lines options- 1) scan lines with blur filter and 2) scan lines with no blur filter. Certainly not a deal breaker, but it would have been nice.

Anything notable in the Star Fox 2 footage they showed? I'm not familiar with the ROMS out there other than knowing they are incomplete.

They didn't show much, just attacking and entering the Cannon Betrayer. Nothing really looked different from the leaked version to my eye.

Earthbound is part of the SNES Mini for the US & EU. Japan gets 4 games swapped.

Earthbound = Fire Emblem

Fire Emblem and Panel de Pon or Earthbound and Castlevania.... Nintendo made it hard to choose lol

Toparaman

Banned
I like that the CRT mode looks a little cleaner than on the NES Classic. Makes sense given that many people would've upgraded to better TVs in the '90s, and also the SNES supported S-Video output with no modding.

All in all looks like a quality product. Also that box is sexy as hell.

Campcom, bitches!

Is it am inside joke to get Capcom's name wrong?

Also, I didn't realize that Japan gets SSF2 instead of Turbo.

Wait, Japan gets Super Street Fighter II and we get SFII Turbo?

Edit - Oh someone else noticed too. Not that I'm complaining, just surprised.

Platy

Earthbound = Fire Emblem

The SF2 version is also changed

Datschge

The bar in the top right corner seems to indicate 40 seconds in 10 seconds steps, though the timer makes it looks like it could go even several minutes back if ever available.

Ridley327

I'm still sad that we're not getting Tetris Attack.

One of those situations where licensing really bit them in the ass in the long run. It made perfect sense back in the day to tie Panel de Pon to the most popular puzzle game on the planet to sell it abroad, but in hindsight, they might have wanted to come up with Puzzle League then to avoid this issue.

I wonder why. SF2T is one of the most beloved home console ports of all time, while SSF2 is, err, not.

Yeah, I do understand that Turbo is being included with the EU and US SNES Mini releases purely for nostalgic reasons. It was the best selling fighting game on that console and for a brief period of time, it was one of Nintendo's biggest exclusives. Also, Campcom did release Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers for the Switch, which essentially is just SSF2T.

But I was under the impression that the Super Famicom Mini was also getting Turbo as well, so that is a bit of a surprise for me. I'm not sure if I would prefer the SNES version of SSF2 over SF2T?

Top Bottom