• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Klepek‏ @patrickklepek

Just recorded/produced/edited my first Quick Look with @drewscanlon @VinnyCaravella gone. Good thing it wasn't an A/V focused game like…Fez.

is there anything tricky can't do

sixghost

Patrick Klepek‏ @patrickklepek

Just recorded/produced/edited my first Quick Look with @drewscanlon @VinnyCaravella gone. Good thing it wasn't an A/V focused game like…Fez.

is there anything tricky can't do

How much work could there be in doing that stuff for a quicklook? Most of the time they just record 20 or 30 minutes straight, so there probably isn't much editing.

Curufinwe

Q&As are always hideous. There's no filter, and moreover they spend so much time already addressing questions; their own forums, formspring, member-stuff, etc.

You're absolutely right, so incredibly selfish "ooh ooh it's ME time! This is my fifteen minutes I can't wait to make a mark on the internet!" I was dreading the Q&A the entire time I was watching it, and I didn't even have to hear one question before I rolled my eyes—did you see the people run up to the mic the very second they were allowed to, as if they were children racing to cut in line for the ice cream truck? Waja.

Whenever a question started I just skipped ahead a little to where the answer began.

The PAX Panel was hard to watch.

Between the canned jokes, Alex's obnoxiousness, the boring guests, and the really really horrible Q&A session ("guys I was a tester on Ghost Recon can you please look at it", "guys I love your site but can you only focus on Indie games from now on", etc...) I couldn't bring myself to sit through the whole thing.

The most recent podcast is good as always though

FStop7

Banned
The PAX Panel was hard to watch.

Between the canned jokes, Alex's obnoxiousness, the boring guests, and the really really horrible Q&A session ("guys I was a tester on Ghost Recon can you please look at it", "guys I love your site but can you only focus on Indie games from now on", etc...) I couldn't bring myself to sit through the whole thing.

The most recent podcast is good as always though

Those are the best. "I really love your site but can you please completely change what it's about to fit my dumb idea"

Live questions and calls ins suck. Formspring and emails are OK.

After listening to these guys for the last year I finally saw what they looked like

Not being offensive, but dammit if these guys couldn't have looked any different than I imagined...

W1SSY

After listening to these guys for the last year I finally saw what they looked like

Not being offensive, but dammit if these guys couldn't have looked any different than I imagined...

Now I am intrigued at what you thought they looked like. Also how did you avoid seeing them, do you only listen to the podcast?

Lijik

Alex's obnoxiousness

This was the biggest problem for me. I dont mind Alex in a lot of situations but whenever he's on a live panel its always unbearable.

The pizza question was the only good question. And that wasnt even a question, that was just free pizza.

Poyunch

The weird questions were the ones who outright asked to spend personal time with them. I'm pretty sure there were two of them.

You seriously think the Bombcrew's going to go out of their planned schedules just to play Future Soldier in front of you?

Before I actually saw a video of the crew awhile ago and only seeing a pic of them, I remember thinking that Brad had Ryan's voice(high & cheerful), Vinny had Brad's voice(deep), Ryan had Jeff's voice, & Jeff's voice was Vinny. I thought Brad was the ringleader.....How confused I was when I saw that.

sixghost

The weird questions were the ones who outright asked to spend personal time with them. I'm pretty sure there were two of them.

You seriously think the Bombcrew's going to go out of their planned schedules just to play Future Soldier in front of you?

Possibly the weirdest question GBs ever received. During their response he kept interrupting them saying, "oh yep", "oh yeha, that's fixed", "oh definitely, but it's different now".

Poyunch

Before I actually saw a video of the crew awhile ago and only seeing a pic of them, I remember thinking that Brad had Ryan's voice(high & cheerful), Vinny had Brad's voice(deep), Ryan had Jeff's voice, & Jeff's voice was Vinny. I thought Brad was the ringleader.....How confused I was when I saw that.

This is so hilarious. Someone should cut up a video switching all of their voices just like this.

Mahonay

Banned
Possibly the weirdest question GBs ever received. During their response he kept interrupting them saying, "oh yep", "oh yeha, that's fixed", "oh definitely, but it's different now".
God that was so weird. You can tell everyone in that room was super uncomfortable while that was happening. What the fuck was that guy thinking?

I half expected him to start getting booed but he got lucky.
Q&As are always hideous. There's no filter, and moreover they spend so much time already addressing questions; their own forums, formspring, member-stuff, etc.

You're absolutely right, so incredibly selfish "ooh ooh it's ME time! This is my fifteen minutes I can't wait to make a mark on the internet!" I was dreading the Q&A the entire time I was watching it, and I didn't even have to hear one question before I rolled my eyes—did you see the people run up to the mic the very second they were allowed to, as if they were children racing to cut in line for the ice cream truck? Waja.
I deeply regretted not leaving the panel early during the Q&A to get to the bar meet up afterward. Instead I ended up waiting in the line out in the cold for 25 minutes to get into the bar.

Patryn

God that was so weird. You can tell everyone in that room was super uncomfortable while that was happening. What the fuck was that guy thinking?

I half expected him to start getting booed but he got lucky.

Being in the room as well, yeah that got uncomfortable. It's like, what is he asking? Just to stand there and watch them play?

And Alex did make a good point - is he really that crazy that he's willing to publicly bash a game that he's involved in and potentially jeopardize his job just to meet the Bomb crew?

Mahonay

Banned
Being in the room as well, yeah that got uncomfortable. It's like, what is he asking? Just to stand there and watch them play?

And Alex did make a good point - is he really that crazy that he's willing to publicly bash a game that he's involved in and potentially jeopardize his job just to meet the Bomb crew?
I'm going to guess that guy probably didn't have a very essential job at that company. Sounded like he just started working there not that long ago. It would seem he probably won't be keeping it very long either if that's his idea of professionalism. Or, being a normal human being.

W1SSY

Looks like they may be doing a podcast with Gary.
media

Those are all shooters, I figure it would be interesting playing Cards Against Humanity because he cannot just say "Shoot that dude".

Yeah we'll get him banging on for an hour about "trying to be a good person" like he always does on the Tested podcast with every hand he deals in. I can't fucking stand the guy, so I don't care what they're doing, he needs to stay away from it.

There's enough people at GB to have a good game of cards without sinking to calling in Whitta.

Osietra

Banned
Guys, its just a shame that Gary Whitta is so similar sound to Gary Glitter. Although, I guess lots of boy fondlers like tech I suppose.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Yeah we'll get him banging on for an hour about "trying to be a good person" like he always does on the Tested podcast with every hand he deals in. I can't fucking stand the guy, so I don't care what they're doing, he needs to stay away from it.

There's enough people at GB to have a good game of cards without sinking to calling in Whitta.

I'm guessing you are in a tiny minority with this one.
Everyone loves Witta. *dealwithit.gif*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom