• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardRojo

It's a Wii U exclusive, and you want it, but you don't want a Wii U? This makes no sense.

It makes total sense, people played the original Bayonetta on PS360 and they loved it so wanting the sequel has nothing to do with wanting the systen it'll be playable on.
Also, people play $60 for console games (at launch), they don't pay $350+

Azure J

How'd that go down? I'm a bit sorry I wasn't there, but I was FREAKING OUT here at home, fangirl squees and all, and I think I would've made a slight ass of myself.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier:

Hah, you'd fit right in with a few folks there including one guy who squealed when BLOPS2 had Wii Pointer controls confirmed. Bayo2 was definitely the one that got the loudest applause.

rdrr gnr

Damn. Nice surprise for Nintendo fans. Looks to be good. I love the almost meltdowns/unfettered fanboyism. Praise be to Next Gen.

Nintendo critics: I'm tired of Mario and Zelda, give us some original IPs and better 3rd party support.

Nintendo: Look, were creating a launch line up with a strong focus on third parties.

Nintendo critics: Noooo! Where is 3D Mario? Zelda? I don't just want third party ports!

Nintendo: Look, we got Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo critics:
onG4jN.gif

Fixed.

Nintendo critics: I'm tired of Mario and Zelda, give us some original IPs and better 3rd party support.

Nintendo critics: Noooo! I want to play it on my system choice!

Nintendo fanboys: We don't need games like Watch_Dogs, it doesn't even look that good. 3rd party support like that isn't needed for Nintendo to succeed

Nintendo fanboys: OMG MEGATON THE TEARS SO DELICIOUS GOTTA BUY A WII-U BODY IS REGGIE

Yuterald

It's incredible to me that there are Bayonetta fans who couldn't care less about The Wonderful 101. There are people in this thread claiming that it's not worth buying a system for ONE game while completely ignoring the fact that another Platinum/Kamiya production exists. You know one of the main reasons Bayonetta is so good is because of Kamiya, right? You do know he is directing The Wonderful 101? How could you not be excited for that game too?

The only reasonable/logical concern any SANE person should have with this game is the fact that Kamiya isn't director. Even then, he's still a supervisor and a lot of the original staff seems to be behind this sequel. All this console/brand loyalty shit is so fucking old. Fucking evolve from that shit already!

Damn, this thread is a mess. It's whatevs, though. I'm going to go work on some Pure Platinum ranks in anticipation/respect while you guys argue all day & night. Peace out!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Also how big is Platinum Studios? They've been working on a shit ton of stuff seemingly almost simultaneously with several publishers. Max Anarchy, Metal Gear Rising, P-101 (now The Wonderful 100), and Bayonetta 2.

Though I suppose they're used to mult-tasking development. Mad World, Infinite Space, Bayonetta, and Vanquish were all released a year apart from each other. I just never thought of them as a big studio, but they sure can work on a lot of projects at once and yet miraculously make each one a quality title.

I think the focus on one console for Bayonetta 2 is the best decision. No worries about bad ports or anything.

Risette

A Good Citizen
why do they have to be "critics", its just not some peoples thing, i'm in that boat, there's not a single nintendo IP that interests me, so why would i get a console who's first party , the cream of its crop, i won't even indulge in?
ANYONE would want to play the sequel to the game they first got on their system..on that same system, why can't you comprehend this?
Because that sequel is not on those systems. Yet, they won't buy the system that it is on, although they supposedly want the sequel. That's what makes no sense.

ari

Banned
Nintendo fanboys: We don't need games like Watch_Dogs, it doesn't even look that good. 3rd party support like that isn't needed for Nintendo to succeed

Nintendo fanboys: OMG MEGATON THE TEARS SO DELICIOUS GOTTA BUY A WII-U BODY IS REGGIE

lol, who said that about watch dogs? ok, complete streching here. whatever.

I'm not buying a Nintendo console because it doesn't have the games I want!

*console gets games individual wants*

I'm not buying a Nintendo console to play these games!

Nintendo can't win.

MormaPope

Banned

1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

To say there isn't that sorta thing going on this thread would be disingenuous.

WhyMe6

I've just woken up to see Bayonetta 2 announced for the Wii U.

Holy fucktopia, am I still dreaming?! Best possible news I can think of, and something people were only jokingly (due to sheer impossibility) dreaming about when Nintendo's collaboration with Platinum on P-100 was announced.

System seller for me. Everything else is just a bonus.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
bravo for getting all that from that picture, i have no idea who that dude is, so i was even more so in the dark
I apologize for not having an established reputation or history for being pro or anti Nintendo before weighing in on the conversation.

Bayonetta is a cool game and I'm glad a sequel is being released. I don't see any reason to be negative about this at all, but to each his own.

HardRojo

This, totally.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It makes total sense, people played the original Bayonetta on PS360 and they loved it so wanting the sequel has nothing to do with wanting the systen it'll be playable on.
Also, people play $60 for console games (at launch), they don't pay $350+

it makes no sense. you buy consoles to play games not the other way around.

Arxisz

While this announcement makes it extremely tempting to buy a WiiU, I'm gonna wait it out.
I'm not gonna say that I won't buy it just because it has 1 game I want.
Rather I'll wait it out till all the consoles are out there and see which one has the most games I'd want to play.
So i'm gonna stand by my wait and see approach even though this was a good move by Nintendo and made me waver.

Theonik

It's a Wii U exclusive, and you want it, but you don't want a Wii U? This makes no sense.
I'm sorry but it does make sense. Think of it this way, when I want a game I also think how badly I want it and how much money I'm willing to pay for it. If a specific game requires me to buy a whole new system to play it that affects how much I pay to play that game and by extension how much I actually have to want it before I bite.
Edit: Not that I agree with the over-reaction, death threats and all. These people need to either move on or pay up.

Cipherr

Some of the reactions to this news really make it hard to not think that, beneath Nintendo criticism, there really is just a practically religious meme that "Nintendo is LOL stupid kiddy and sux", no matter WHAT Nintendo could ever do or say.

There's so much rationalization flying around right now, denying what is happening in front of people's eyes.

Nintendo is doing exactly what they said they'd do, in spite of all the skepticism leveled at them.

They are doing what it takes to make Wii U the 'something for everyone' platform, they are getting the hardest of the hardcore niche titles like Bayonetta locked down, they're getting Monster Hunter. They pull out a fully respectable and intriguing showing of Call of Duty, replete with features that genuinely interest like IR gameplay options and full play on the controller itself.

But as Opiate said, there is no magical aura around a console or even brand that forever defines what it is. People seem to think there are only two kinds of set top game box: LOL KIDDY TOY and HARDCORE COME AT ME BROWARE. It's like it is breaking brains wide open, the notion that this thing is actually trying to do everything, and there is a possibility it might actually succeed.

Most likely that this is a self fulfilling prophecy.

The Wii U is a system that is not out yet. So far, there is apparently at least 1 game that Broktasten wants that will be available within "Launch window."

Rather than say something like, "hey, good start," or "I'll keep my eye out then," his response is to be frustrated that the Nintendo system is getting any games he personally wants.

Well, obviously the Nintendo system won't be something you want if you are upset every time an appealing game is announced for it.

Perfect.

Risette

A Good Citizen
What is up with the us and them mentality?

Why is it just Nintendo fanboys and Nintendo haters?
Apparently people who play games is not a valid category anymore :(

I feel excluded!

I'm sorry but it does make sense. Think of it this way, when I want a game I also think how badly I want it and how much money I'm willing to pay for it. If a specific game requires me to buy a whole new system to play it that affects how much I pay to play that game and by extension how much I actually have to want it before I bite.
Well, that's understandable I suppose. But that means because it would cost too much, you don't want Bayonetta 2.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I'm not that stupid, sorry.

It's not Nintendo's fault that you dislike them...

Nintendo is obviously trying to get games on their system...I'd be surprised if Bayonetta ends up being the only game on the system that interests you...there will be more especially if you like Japanese developed games.

.la1n

Also how big is Platinum Studios? They've been working on a shit ton of stuff seemingly almost simultaneously with several publishers. Max Anarchy, Metal Gear Rising, P-101 (now The Wonderful 100), and Bayonetta 2.

Though I suppose they're used to mult-tasking development. Mad World, Infinite Space, Bayonetta, and Vanquish were all released a year apart from each other. I just never thought of them as a big studio, but they sure can work on a lot of projects at once and yet miraculously make each one a quality title.

I think the focus on one console for Bayonetta 2 is the best decision. No worries about bad ports or anything.

Have you ever seen the tour video of the inner workings of their studio? They have a large staff. Not to mention staff members work on multiple projects and when one is finished sources are allocated to wherever needed. Efficient.

IrishNinja

any fanboy that says 3rd party stuff isn't needed isn't someone you should be listening to, that's ridiculous

Lol. No. I'm not buying a silly ass Nintendo console because of this game. Total suicide on their part - they'd sell tons and tons more on PS360.

this dude danced in between the raindrops

also opiate is killing it in this thread

vg260

Plenty of people buy a consoles for just one game...infact I'm buying the Wii U just for Pikmin!

If you really like Bayonetta you would jump in...

There are a lot of factors to consider even if you're a fan: cost, space/connections for a new unit, etc. It's not quite as simple as if you're a fan, you'll buy it.

Dusk Golem

Seeing the Nintendo and Sega logos side by side, still creeps me out. Remember F-Zero GX for GCN?

Earnestly SEGA and Nintendo get involved in a lot together these days. It just gets more natural if you play the Mario & Sonic games.

Threi

notag
On the bright side this thread has almost 3 times as many replies as the Bayonetta 2 Cancelled thread, so at the very least you can say it has regained the interest of consumers :)

...right?

zroid

Banned

Did anyone actually say that?

If so, then no excuses from me at all, but I honestly can't recall "Nintendo fanboys" saying anything remotely similar to this.

Who said that Watch Dogs didn't look good?

entremet

why do they have to be "critics", its just not some peoples thing, i'm in that boat, there's not a single nintendo IP that interests me, so why would i get a console who's first party , the cream of its crop, i won't even indulge in?
ANYONE would want to play the sequel to the game they first got on their system..on that same system, why can't you comprehend this?

I get it. It's perfectly understandable. But I also know its outside my control, so why fret about it?

It doesn't really add anything to the discussion. It's just wishing, which is why it's banned. It's not banned for some random reason. Why would anyone want to read series of posts of why a game is not a particular platform or not?

Famassu

Some portable games, some social games, and outsourcing work for Square Enix on FF console games.

They're probably making trees and grass textures for FFXIV around now.
I'm pretty sure Tri-Ace is working on LR: FFXIII. The battle system sounds like their repertoire, the doomsday thing is kind of like Valkyrie Profile and given that 150% of Square Enix is working on FFXIV atm, Tri-Ace is probably working on the game alone without any SE staff (except some creative).

Zephyrus

Banned
Then you probably have more important things to worry about than the exclusivity of this video game, of which the release is still a year or so away.

not worrying about it. If you read my posts you'd see that. But like many people here, you're too busy screaming witch and asking for a hanging.

My family is doing what they can for their business and I help in whichever way I can.
I'm also studying civil engineer and the state of my country is in the crapper.

I like playing video games. It's the one thing that takes my mind of my problems. Is it wrong of me to ask why are people so happy this is exclusive?

I'd certainly understand if you're ecstatic that this game is even coming out. I am too. It just pains me how some people can be that selfish and immature about a simple thing.

Dusk Golem

Have you ever seen the tour video of the inner workings of their studio? They have a large staff. Not to mention staff members work on multiple projects and when one is finished sources are allocated to wherever needed. Efficient.

Actually I have not, will have to check it out. I sorta assumed they didn't have a large staff as their games, though great, never tend to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom