• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 - WiiU (Director: Yusuke Hashimoto, Pub: Nintendo, Supervision:Kamiya)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegaNine

Kamiya may be getting death threats, but his life may not be the only one in danger:

0MJti.png

When will it end? Will it ever? Let's find out together!

What I don't understand from the portbeggers is why they say stuff like:

"I wish this came out on PS360!! wah etc. "

Why PS360? Do you have a PS3 or a 360? If you have both, surely you would prefer it for one of the platforms. Why does no one say: I wish this came out on the 360 or I wish this came out on the PS3?

It is almost as if the fanboyness somehow transcends consoles and unifies warriors against a perceived larger enemy: nintendo

It is quite hilarious to be honest.

Yep, I pointed this out earlier. Happens each time.

The next thing you know Nintendo will publish Vanquish 2 to add more fuel to the flames.
I would cry manly tears of happiness if that happened.

You almost have to wonder if at this point Nintendo will just pull P* in as second party to build up their core output.

I think what we all learned today, is that Nintedophobia is a thing that exists in this world
and we can only hope that the generations after us will get this over and done with.
Everyone should ask themselves tonight: How can love for an already canceled game ever be a bad thing?

Lets take a stand today: Pro Nintendo!

Who is with me?

The_Lump

Banned
What's the downside here? We're getting a game that was canned regardless of whether it's an exclusive or not.

This.

The industry as a whole is in freefall, and we're likely going to see franchises die. A much loved game was rescued from oblivion. If you give a crap about the developers, this is good news. Doesn't matter what silly allegiances you hold.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What a bunch of assholes. Why an exclusive? I don't wanna spend $200 or so just to play this.

A system building itself with exclusive games is typically a way to get people to buy them. I find it hilarious people are calling Nintendo assholes when they're very likely the ONLY reason this game is even in existence currently.

K.Sabot

Guys...

Guys guys guys.

I gotta buy a Wii U

I have to buy a Wii U.

ARE THERE PRE-ORDERS FOR THE NINTENDO WII U GAME BOX YET?

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
I think what we all learned today, is that Nintedophobia is a thing that exists in this world
and we can only hope that the generations after us will get this over and done with.
Everyone should ask themselves tonight: How can love for an already canceled game ever be a bad thing?

Who is with me?

You sound like Dennis Dyack...

...against.

SgtCobra

Which betrayalton thread was better?

Bayonetta
Monster Hunter 3
FF13
Dragon Quest 9
Dragon Quest 10

Let's vote. I personally don't know since I only glanced at most of these.

Added links for a warp into the good old times. (Except for the first topic ofcourse)
Couldn't find any DQX-betrayalton related topics though.

EDIT: FFS BEATEN.
This topic moves too fast.

OT: I'm not gonna buy a console for just one game, even if I enjoyed the first one. I'm better off by waiting for some more compelling titles. Although we should atleast be happy that the game is being made in the first place.
But whatever, go on. People who don't like exclusivity are being ridiculed, that's something you don't see everyday.

BD1

Banned
I wonder if the original Bayonetta will go up on eShop as a digital download next year? Nintendo is hard for digital and it would be a good way to introduce the series to Wii gamers.

Persona7

Banned
Why can't some people realize that it was either a Wii U exclusive or still a dead game?

Yeah, while I am not going to get a wii u for quite a while, I am still glad to see Bayonetta getting another chance.

I'll probably buy a copy and hope a friend has a wii u.

Scum

I was downhearted when I read the rumours about Bayonetta 2 getting cancelled, and have always been hoping that Nintendo could pull off something wondrous to get the original on the Wii U. But this news is absolutely fucking brilliant!
I bought a Xbox360 just for the first one. I was going to get a Wii U anyway. This is the proverbial icing on the cake!

Now then. Back to page 21. :D

Late to the party/bitch fest.

This is fantastic; I'm so happy to see Bayonetta get a sequel, and for the WiiU to come out strong. This really seems to be against Nintendo's nature, for them to take a relatively obscure niche game and pick up the slack. I love it though, and it's something I wanted to see all throughout the Wii era. Bayonetta 2 might well be a commercial failure, but I think it's a message that they are trying harder.

Well done.

Also, loving this thread.

Who is with me?

Nintendophobia exists. And, just like homophobia, it's a coverage. They're probably kids without any kind of good taste searching for an enemy like them.

lol at some of the reactions to this. Nintendo is damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Personally I'm just glad we are getting the game period.

vg260

(Six or seven people requested a Wall of Shame.)

Situation: A beloved IP, Bayonetta, is dead. The likelyhood of a revival seems astronomically miniscule. Out of nowhere, Nintendo funds development of a sequel, instantly reviving the revered franchise from certain oblivion.

The immediate response of certain enthusiasts was as follows...

Just curious, do you own every system?

shit, why does it have to be nintendo exclusive, a sequel to beyonetta that looks just like beyonetta, or only slightly better graphically? why no next gen, noOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom