• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Xion86

Think I won't bother with a second 11 pull for this banner, hopefully I'll get one of the units in a future pull. Only got the King Burst Pot left on the Mog Raid so nearly done with that, although I have no idea who to use my Limit Burst Pots on now, so saving them up.

Alkez

[JP] Was finally able to do the story character trials after getting Rain to Lv.100. Lasswell at 692 attack now, which is a big boost from my previous 500. And he has a fire weapon to capitlise on his move. Haven't got much left to get from the mog king. Either going to pursue a cryst or continue story, unsure atm.

Oh that's great to hear! Didn't realise that I'll be using her for that trial. Will be maxing her out then :) cheers.

NP :) She has innate machine killer. On top of that the Robot doesn't resist earth which is why she's a good choice to take. I think it resists water and light which makes it difficult for Du and Tidus. Not impossible ofc, but if you have the option for less work you might as well use it.

Double Edit: 5 Rikku though. That shit happens every time I swear.

Trust me. Every damn time this happens to me.

Did another Multi before I was done for the day. So 8th one.

http://imgur.com/bDlpCKh

You are forgiven for now Gumi.

Edit: That should say 7th one. On 7/7 which is my birthday. Conspiracy confirmed!

Damn, that's a crazy pull. Congrats.

Ah completely forgot you said it was your bday today. Happy birthday!

How hard is ELT? I wonder if my crew is able to farm it.

Fairly easy. If you have Dragon Killer (or Syldra's Protection is a bit better because I think some of the enemies are Aquatic) you should be able to do it with your strongest DPS. Attack song and deprotect from espers always help if you need a bit more power.

KeRaSh

Sooo... I've been on vacation the last four weeks.

My free 5* base was Fryevia.
My free 10+1 pull was mediocre.
Did another 10+1 which was the same.
Used 20ish tickets and got Tidus and Rikku.

I'm OK with this.

Syntsui

So.... Balthier, Ashe, Rasler, Penelo next week? Penelo was both featured and bonus on JP and there is no other window to fit Balthier in our server.

Ken

no creepy mask :(

image.png

Ok got my Ashe at least. One more multi to do but tempted to hold off a bit...

Edit: yup, mostly trash.

Congrats Hippo and happy birthday. Your luck man, your luck...

Dandte

And i'm done with this banner.

1 multi
1 free daily
1 4* ticket
4 normal tickets
1 ticket from bgn
10 mog king tickets

Not a single banner gold (or rainbow)

My last pull was a gold -> Beach time Fina

So my Gold pulls were: Gafgarion, Agrias, Zyrus and B. Fina. Blues were all trash except for Vaan. x4 with Aileen here we go.

That was horrible!

Also it's ridiculous how many pulls i did on Zyrus banner without getting him, now i got 4 in single week...of course i deleted most of his moogles....

KeRaSh

So apparently people are pulling for Ashe (not up to date with the meta) so I threw some tickets at the banner.

Blue to Gold: Rikku
Blue to Gold to Rainbow: Ace

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got Ashe a few tickets later but not before I got another Shine.

EDarkness

Fairly easy. If you have Dragon Killer (or Syldra's Protection is a bit better because I think some of the enemies are Aquatic) you should be able to do it with your strongest DPS. Attack song and deprotect from espers always help if you need a bit more power.

Ah. That doesn't sound too bad. I guess I'll see who has Dragon Killer and put them on boss duty.

Happy Birthday, Hippo!

Alkez

Man, grinding out 2 mog kings and Temptest Trials is so long lol. At least I'm nearly done on the JP side. And GL mog king doesn't take that long.

TT however...

Ah. That doesn't sound too bad. I guess I'll see who has Dragon Killer and put them on boss duty.

It's the TM from one of the friend point units. Can also unlock it on Odin if you haven't already.

tuffymon

Sheesh, that pull is disgusting in a good way Hippo grats...

buddy pulled a full party of Ashe, and he's been sending me videos of them chaining... sword kings or blue balls... its disgusting, and even one with half/half... 40+ chain, wipes everything, and full heals his party...

Oof. FFX luck didn't repeat itself. This was also the FFIV banner, since I pulled Cecil, Kain, and Rosa in succession.

10 tickets landed me Setzer and Vaan. One of three 4* tickets... another Setzer. Next ticket? Ashelia B'Nargin Fucking Dalmasca!

I just wanted a Gold bonus unit! I don't care at all about Ziggurat.

EDarkness

It's the TM from one of the friend point units. Can also unlock it on Odin if you haven't already.

I never got that TM from that unit. I think I'm at 90% or something like that. I do have Odin, though, so that helps. I just did the 4 man rush of ELT and it was cake. I don't think there's gonna be a problem with this. Lightning still rocks these events.

evangd007

Daily: Gold -> (no) Hope
first 10+1 - Amelia (new), Ashe (new), Agrias, 2 Vaan, and the rest trash

Will use some tickets later for the second Ashe.

Yeah these rates are fucking terrible. I may skip pulling outside of daily and these event tickets. Considering i pulled Fryevia and Rem in less than 24 hours!

You know, I'd much rather rip a Fryevia and a Rem than be "lucky" enough to get Ashe in a single 10+1. I'm pulling for Ashe not for mog king bonus or TMR or even swag, but because I lack primary damage units. My box sucks that much.

Its very weird

He isnt the best 5 star base in the game but he has excellent versatility all around

Those min max pricks are just doing what they do best

The last 5* GL exclusive was Fryevia and she is the best 5* in the game. Zarg is Fohlen tier at best, and supports are much less exciting to pull than damage units in general, especially when they don't really do anything new.

tuffymon

Btw... for the ones who were wondering, Zarga's heal is Full hp and half mp to 1 unit, and usable on himself too... if that doesn't scream broke...

Kouriozan

Gumi will delay Ramza's enhancement even further to give people more reason to use Zargabaath.
I think he's fine, we're not going to see his true potential on an easy event.

Pejo

3 Multis and I got the Judge and 2 Ashe, No Rasler which bums me out a little, but overall I'm still happy.

I got my mog king farming team at least.

evangd007

A lot of you will eat crow when new trials comes and Zargabanzo makes everything trivial with his support.

When my damage choices are Lightning, Ashe, Chizuru, Setzer, Mercedes, and pre-enhancement Emperor, I somehow doubt that Zarg will be the X-factor that determines if I pass a trial.

I have Queen too, but she doesn't count as damage.

Btw... for the ones who were wondering, Zarga's heal is Full hp and half mp to 1 unit, and usable on himself too... if that doesn't scream broke...

...you mean like an elixir?

Kouriozan

I can understand people who are pissed that he took Balthier's spot.
We could have experienced the best finisher already!

bonkeng

The hate for Zarg at reddit is ridiculous. I think he's the most hated GL exclusive unit right now.

He may not be Fryevia tier good, but his support skills are top tier.

Syntsui

When my damage choices are Lightning, Ashe, Chizuru, Setzer, Mercedes, and pre-enhancement Emperor, I somehow doubt that Zarg will be the X-factor that determines if I pass a trial.

I mean, if all your options are weak, not even enhanced Ramza, Roy or the sweet mother of hallelujah will save the day.

He sure as hell will be useful keeping Rikku/Tilith/WoL always on point to do their stuff while keep momentum going. He is simply another source of damage mitigation, buffs, dispel and MP battery.

If you need dps wait for dps banners.

across

A lot of you will eat crow when new trials comes and Zargabanzo makes everything trivial with his support.

I'm not mad I pulled him on some 'I wish I would have gotten Fryevia instead' shit (though I do) and I'm not going to delete him and I already levelled him to 100 and mostly max potted him and I'm using him and yada yada, but I just don't see it.

I'm trying to think of trial usage. He honestly strikes me best as a high HP tank companion. Throw up his 100% buff on the tank, tank gains enormous survivability, tank pops their provoke/cover ability. Rejuvenate will be great on a 7k+ HP tank. You can roll party buff inbetween, and pop Word of Law for threshholds if you don't have something better available.

My question is, in this example, what is my team and how much benefit am I deriving from Zargabaath? I still need a party healer. He can't clear statuses or revive. So I'm bringing a tank, a healer and Zargabaath. If my tank is Wilhelm (or Cecil?) I need a breaker; if my tank is WoL I may not. If the trial is completely immune to breaks then it's fine.

I'm at 3/6 units now. Am I bringing Rikku? Hyper NulAll removes two of his selling points in one cast (though with a turn of setup) as well as her LB. If the trial is one that requires or even greatly benefits from Reraise antics, then I need to bring her. I'm at 4/6. Those last two slots are probably getting filled with damage of some sort, since none of the above units are going to be doing any.

So let's look at this example team. I'll even stack the deck a bit in his favor and make our healer Y'shtola instead of Tilith. What am I getting out of Zargabaath?

Rikku has stronger damage mitigation and an equal elemental res buff. She can revive and (with her LB) provide higher DEF/SPR numbers than Zarga's group buff, in addition to the reraise component.
Y'shtola has group heals, status heals, raises, a single-target full-heal (that does not restore MP, to be fair), and a powerful damage reduction on her LB (far from reliable, though)

Zargabaath's contributions, then, are spammable damage reduction (in case you reach a threshhold/turn count with Synthesis dropping or no Y'shtola LB available), Rejuvenate's MP restoration (which is useful on no-item missions and less meaningful otherwise; when's the last time you used 5 Elixirs in a trial?), and stat buffs.

They're big stat buffs. The biggest we have access to currently. That's good! And Archadian Light is all of the buffs in one, which helps turn economy (you'd otherwise generally need two actions to cover everything unless you are bringing Tidus, Tilith, or, uh, Rain?). That's also good. And Hero Crest is really good if you can cycle it on your chainers or keep it on your tank.

But... that's kind of it? His primary contribution is stat buffs. There's not really any getting around that. It's the first ability he learns and the last one he learns. His damage is pretty minor. He has no innate provoke, though good-to-great survivability. No, Golem's provoke isn't a serious option anymore.

He's a trial smoother. He can do various things that take the turn stress off of your healer or support so they can do something else and everything runs more smoothly. But he can't replace a healer and he may or may not be able to replace that other support. Worth a unit slot? If it gets you the kill, hey, I guess so. Worthy of being a 5* base that seems to have displaced a powerful capper? Gumi seems to think so, at least. I'm skeptical. But willing to be convinced otherwise.

bonkeng

I mean, if all your options are weak, not even enhanced Ramza, Roy or the sweet mother of hallelujah will save the day.

He sure as hell will be useful keeping Rikku/Tilith/WoL always on point to do their stuff while keep momentum going. He is simply another source of damage mitigation, buffs, dispel and MP battery.

If you need dps wait for dps banners.

I don't think it's optimal running WoL, Rikku and Tilith with Zarg. But Zarg should be able to swap in for either Rikku or Tilith in some fights.

Kouriozan

I feel like Zarga was hit by Gumi balancing like Noctis, remember he's supposed to be a "first in Global" unit.
His JP release could be very interesting but be prepared for Global players to whine x)
Him being released today, with his 0,5% rates, while broken Rikku is still available on the on the banner at 4,75% rates, I think if you need a support there is no mistake on which banner to pull.

11 pull gave me 3 vaans a Rasler and a NEW unit Ilias. Surprised I didn't have that character. So I have a full bonus team to farm with at least.

then you lack imagination

Maybe Valentus needs to take you under his wing for training

Alkez

Where is everyone seeing this hate for Zarg on reddit? I want to read some of it lol. I'm indifferent on him but just curious to see the complaints.

´

Yup it is nice TM to have. Not mandatory urgent.
Rikku's Pouch TM

This is legit shit. Very easy to chain with 2 Tidus so long as both are dual wielders.
FRidus has Excalibur & GBlade, mine has Kiyomori + Brotherhood

1. Turn this on from Android settings (Accessibility). Better to take it off when not using Tidus / Fry
2. Lets have some chain

So I tried this and it makes my phone behave very strangely. I don't like it one bit, and I can't tell if it's really helping with chaining.

across

Where is everyone seeing this hate for Zarg on reddit? I want to read some of it lol. I'm indifferent on him but just curious to see the complaints.

Main source is here, though there's some in the SYP thread.

I think a lot of the arguments are overblown in the above thread, for the record. Zarga isn't a bad unit, he's actually pretty good. Everything about him is academic at this point; a tanky support character has one lane: trials, and we don't have a new one yet. If one releases and he's Judge Jesus, I'll have a crow leg or two and be glad I got him. If it releases and you bench him because you need Rikku's LB more, well...

Top Bottom