• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your top three Key & Peele sketches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noquarter

I really like the Neil DeGrasse Tyson sketch.

I Said Bitch is probably my favorite though.

Would have a lot tired for third. Gremlins 2 is pretty good, Gay Marriage Advice is pretty good. Also like Bup, Bup, Bup.

So many good sketches.

I was so very impressed by Peele's film, Get Out. But in retrospect, I shouldn't have been. K&P already had a solid grasp of horror dynamics.

the Family Matters skit, gets downright freaky, Dubstep outperforms most crappy PG-13 horror ficks in 1/30th the time, and lots of the show's work will suddenly swerve towards the bizarre and unsettling on a moments notice (Continental Breakfast).

I can't pick just three, but the UFC Promo might be the one I've shown the most people, they just nail the details so damn right.

HardRojo

Hard to say, but Substitute Teacher has to be there for sure, any Top 3 without it ain't a worthy Top 3 at all.
I like the Mexican Gangster one with Carlito dying: "Heaven is for pussies!"
New Hats too, and the one where they stay away from their wives when telling a secret and end up in space.
Edit: Deal or no deal parody from Mad TV was amazing too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGH9V2qAklE

Phu

Banned
Not sure anything will ever top Continental Breakfast for me. Substitute Teacher is a classic as well.

Oof, there's so many good ones, hard to pick a third.

impirius

I Said Bitch takes one solid joke and stretches it into outer space without overstaying its welcome.

Awkward Conversation is the best of several great "escalating tension" sketches. The turnabout puts this one over Telemarketer for me.

Negrotown is a wonderfully realized production that delivers a brutal punchline.

-------

Aerobics Meltdown probably isn't one of the best, but I'm still amazed at how perfect they got every bit of the presentation.

1. Telemarketer ( I really love this concept. Really simple and universal, and it pretty much works without fail)

2. Clear History (The way it's edited, and the music really elevate this one)

3. Mattress Shopping (I just really love the acting in this one, specially this moment https://youtu.be/Nl_eJ-zdLrA?t=66)

Honorable Mention:

Manly Tears (It's like a meta game about a watching without laughing challenge)

bounchfx

crikey, came here for the top 3 and got a list of every single sketch

they are great though
Dubstep is the one that got me into them, if I remember correctly. loved it.

Mutant

3. The Continental Breakfast.
2. The Continental Breakfast.
1. The Continental Breakfast.

Never has a skit made me laugh so hard, and I can't quite say why. It's just so sublime.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
the Aerobics is my favorite out of all of theirs. That's when I knew someone in the team had horror chops. That shit just builds and builds, but it never really like pops off. Sure we get that moment of just pure anger and chaos, but it's not really resolved in any satisfying way. There's no larger joke at play, it's just fuckin' dark and played out brilliantly. So fuckin good.

Probably my favorite too. For similar reasons. I also love that they took the music from that old aerobics competition video on youtube. Every so often my wife or I will start humming the music and we both just bust out into stupid aerobics poses.

Can't believe nobody seems to have mentioned the Al Qaeda/TSA sketch, I loved that one when I saw it.

So many good ones though, Key & Peele are easily up there with the best sketch acts of all time.

Neil de Grasse Tyson and his wife
you bitch
TheWWII American soldier playing dead
Substitute Teacher

and maybe the bit where Key tries to convince the ganstas that George Michael was black in Keanu.

hydruxo

1) Continental Breakfast
key-and-peele-43.gif
2) I Said Bitch
3) Liam Neesons / Valet

Honorable Mention to: East/West game, Steampunk, Aerobics Competition, Substitute Teacher, and tons of others. They have so many iconic skits.

Also can't believe nobody has mentioned Das Negros with Ty Burell

Chinbo37

I really like that one where they are those hype dances for like a LMFAO video and they keep saying "Noice".

cj_iwakura

Definitely Bling Benzy, that made me a fan. I guess another two would be Continental Breakfast and Anger Translator.

Alpha_eX

Initially I'd only seen the substitute teacher one which was hilarious, but watching down the list, I notice a few of these drag - the joke is there and it's funny, but it's just repeated until it gets tiring.

Enjoying going through these either way, is there a playlist because I'm clicking each one in order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom