• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Trailer was glorious. And catwoman is fucking sexy.

Previous trailers were underwhelming but now Im legit hyped

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Course, that highway might just be a bridge being constructed, and that's how dilapidated Pittsburgh REALLY is ;P

DMczaf

dUhQc.jpg

Just knowing they did this shot legit on a real NYC bridge....

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Much better than previous trailer which did nothing for me. This trailer gets better as it goes on though.

Something about Bane's little insect-ish mask and the flying vehicle are throwing the whole grounded in reality vibe off. Kinda takes you out of the tone and atmosphere they try so hard to maintain otherwise.

Excited for this though, like every other superhero movie this year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'd have to have my shoes bolted onto the bridge, with leg braces strapped all the way up my leg (and bolted to the bolted shoes), plus all the safety harnesses that exist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh yeah and Catwoman's look and the Batwing both look stupid. I don't like the Tumbler either but at least at first glance they didn't look stupid to me. Both contribute to less hype than I had for TDK.

Love the trailer. The thing that has me hyped more than anything is the cinematography. The shots are just infinitely better than anything shown in The Avengers trailers.

Love the trailer. The thing that has me hyped more than anything is the cinematography. The shots are just infinitely better than anything shown in The Avengers trailers.
Nolan keeps going on and on about how much of a spectacle this movie is going to be, so that's what's getting me. Imagining seeing all these shots and all this amazing stuff happening on an imax screen is just going to be a mindblowing theatre experience.

.GqueB.

Banned

Yet significantly less fun. Seriously what are people so excited about in this snore fest? The movie will be great im sure but jesus christ this trailer is boring as sin.

And why can't we like both the avengers and batman? Why all the weird comparisons? They aren't even trying to accomplish the same thing. One is trying to be a fun comic book movie (which it succeeds at from what we are hearing) the other is trying to make us take the comic book movie a little more seriously (which it will succeed at given past endeavors).

I just did a double watching of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and with this final trailer, the one thing that gets to me are how depressing things are in the films. Begins ended on a more hopeful note and then Knight just tears it down to a more somber ending.

The way Nolan is pushing it as a epic conclusion and the lines like hope is lost and Alfred not wanting to bury him only adds to it....

"You don't owe these people anymore. You've given them everything."

"Not everything...not yet."

So perfect.

botty

Banned
Oh yeah and Catwoman's look and the Batwing both look stupid. I don't like the Tumbler either but at least at first glance they didn't look stupid to me. Both contribute to less hype than I had for TDK.

I think Selina Kyle's costumes outside of the CW suit are pretty impressive. She looks like she was pulled from another era, yet is quite contemporary at the same time. I expect lots of hair whipping though:

tumblr_m3bw30qTVp1qd4wkzo2_500.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yet significantly less fun. Seriously what are people so excited about in this snore fest? The movie will be great im sure but jesus christ this trailer is boring as sin.

And why can't we like both the avengers and batman? Why all the weird comparisons? They aren't even trying to accomplish the same thing. One is trying to be a fun comic book movie (which it succeeds at from what we are hearing) the other is trying to make us take the comic book movie a little more seriously (which it will succeed at given past endeavors).
NO EVERYTHING MUST BE NOLAN FOR THERE TO BE SALVATION IN THIS WORLD. WE MUST FORCE THIS COMPARISON INTO EVERY THREAD TO FUEL THE MACHINE.

Another random thought: someone else mentioned it in this thread but the greatest strength of this film and the other two are how well they stand apart and how different they are. I value cohesiveness too but it really seems like Nolan wants to switch it up again and I respect that.

snorefest?

do you need more shit exploding to keep you up?

apana

I know I should have waited but I couldn't help myself. This is beautiful, so beautiful, beyond my wildest dreams. This will be the film of the decade. Just cancel Batman after this ends, nothing can ever top this.

Fun is subjective. The shot of the bridges being destroyed had me more hyped than anything in The Avengers trailer, save for maybe Hulk catching Iron Man. All The Avengers looks like, to me right now, is a bunch of explosions and one liners.

jey_16

Banned
Fun is subjective. The shot of the bridges being destroyed had me more hyped than anything in The Avengers trailer, save for maybe Hulk catching Iron Man. All The Avengers looks like, to me right now, is a bunch of explosions and one liners.

I've seen it....that's pretty much how it is

DMczaf

During the "Not yet." line, I was expecting a "I'm getting too old for this shit..." line as well. Old and out of shape Batman = best Batman.

.GqueB.

Banned
snorefest?

do you need more shit exploding to keep you up?

Well no. There were actually explosions in this trailer and even those managed to be boring somehow. Everything that was supposed to be exicting looked terrible. Look at the bat pew pewing at the tumbler. The most hohum chase ive ever seen. Boring trailer was boring and I don't see where all the hype is coming from and I'm very easy to hype. Last one was much better.

"when Gotham is... Ashes, you have my permission to die."

Amazing line that was needlessly not used here. Really hoping there is a severe lack of action scenes in this movie. I think that's what is making me unexcited about the whole thing. There was more action than expected and the thought of more than just a few Nolan action scenes is not a great one. TDK succeeded so much outside of the action scenese and suffered a bit during them.

The Avengers should not nor do I want it to be like the tone/style of this film. From the looks of things Whedon is doing perfectly fine with what an Avengers film should be. What Christopher Nolan is doing with Batman doesn't fit at all with something as fantastical as The Avengers.

.GqueB.

Banned
The Avengers should not nor do I want it to be like the tone/style of this film. From the looks of things Whedon is doing perfectly fine with what an Avengers film should be. What Christopher Nolan is doing with Batman doesn't fit at all with something as fantastical as The Avengers.

Agreed. Can say with confidence that if the directors were switched, both movies would suffer for it. Both movies seem to be doing what they need to which is why I find the comparisons so strange.

Calcaneus

Nothing is gonna beat the hype of TDK and finally going to the theater and having it live up to your expectations.

This looks good, but I'm not sold on Bane.

apana

It looks so freaking good, there is something about the colors, it's so rich. I remember there was some discussion about Nolan in the film vs digital thread, whatever he is doing he needs to continue on this path.

Timbuktu

Something about this trailer reminds me of the Scott Pilgrim tagline of 'an epic of epic epicness.'. It is really going for the grandiose and is slightly over the top considering the material, i'm hoping it has some sense of humor about the inherent ridiculousness in a batman film.

Salsa

Enjoyed the trailer. Not super crazy about it.

There's no way for me to get more hyped than for TDK and i keep comparing these expectations to those and i guess that's silly. Im sure it'll blow us all away as usual.

They really pull no punches on promoting this as the most depressing and dark of the trilogy, and that's cool. Even the last "joke" after the title feels really out of place.

Still hate that football stadium shot, but oh well.

HYPE!

Great trailer. It has a much different vibe than the BB or TDK's trailers. It makes sense since this is the last one and they are really driving home the point that it is a very fucked situation for Gotham and Bruce/Batman. I liked the last scene, but not in context with the rest of the trailer.

Dacon

Banned
I wasn't really impressed, but I feel like I can get behind this.

Still think Selina's catwoman costume looks incredibly poo/silly but that seems to be the theme of the costumes in this film.

EDIT: LOL @ the background shot in the catwoman gif of the guy running towards batman with the assault rifle

he must have really bad aim

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Amazing trailer!

I do wish the gotham looked more like the city in Batman Begins. It looks just a nrmal city now :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom