• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty Switch Force HD coming to the Wii U eShop

Wiz

Looks like I'm buying this again. The sprites are so beautiful...just imagine them in HD.

Oh you're right.
http://nintendopower.com/images/NP280_MSFHD.jpg

It looks pretty great here.

edit:
tAQ3y.png

imCrxNNoMtoaq.png

I really hope Nintendo are letting devs like this support 3DTVs if they want. Someone needs to get on to WayForward and see if they're planning on it..

bon

I dunno if I'll buy this unless it has new stages.
MSF is one of Wayforward's best games though.

Awesome. Just got this on 3DS and it's great. I don't double dip as I'm a massive cheapskate, but this might just tempt me.

Those HD sprites are just...beautiful.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The good thing about launching with at least five 2D games, is that it could attract 2D lovers and set the tone for the future of the platform. That, plus the touchscreen which should attract iPad developpers, make me think Wii U could have more 2D games than any console since the 16 bits era.

This was nice (but shortlived) as a 3DS game but not sure it stacks up well against the downloadable wonders we have on PSN/XBLA at present. If anyone has played Outland they'll already be familiar with the switching gameplay mechanic. The MUSIC is awesome though, I'll give it that.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well nothing guarantees this will be the "definitive" version. 3DS version still has some of the best use of the device's 3D.

Personally, 3D means absolutely nothing as far as whether something's the definitive version.

That screenshot, though... man. 2D looks goooooood on WiiU. Art style seems far cartoonier, which I'm not a huge fan of... but it's so damn pretty...

Jackano

So, does this means the things are starting to look good for Nintendo's online shop?
Like in still closer to WiiWare or on the (long) road to psn/xbla?

kadotsu

Banned
It looks really good but I would rather have had Mighty Switch Force 2. That game has so much sequel potential: Slides, double jumps, more weapons, Metroid style map, playing as the robot etc. There is a Mega Man shaped hole in the market that this series could fill.

It looks really good but I would rather have had Mighty Switch Force 2. That game has so much sequel potential: Slides, double jumps, more weapons, Metroid style map, playing as the robot etc. There is a Mega Man shaped hole in the market that this series could fill.

Read the interview. Mark says they already have new projects for Wii U, but they wanted to release this first because they wanted to be at launch and also because they wanted to test the hardware and get used to it.

Would much rather play this game on 3ds since I like the added depth over HD, but might buy anyway. I wish they shared save files though.

Vidiot

Didn't grab the 3DS version yet, guess now I'll wait for this. Seeing this though.....Shantae is going to look fantastic! :D

GDGF

Soothsayer
Looks great. Though, I really do love the 3DS sprites in all their pixelated glory.

This. I appreciate the HD work and all the shininess and whatnot, but something about pixels puts a smile on my face.

Looks great though!

This is who Sakamoto should have gotten to collaborate on Metroid with. Anywho, looks sweet, but I'll probably still pick up the 3DS version at some point. While the redrawn characters look great, the original pixel art has its own charm. Personally, I think WayForward's best looking stuff is all pixel art. The console based stuff has kinda a budget flash animation feel to it. Needless to say this is still a day one purchase, assuming the Wii U is reasonably priced.

edit: Yay, I see on not alone in my pixel fetish.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I will not bu the title again, but I'm loving it on 3ds and I'm really happy to know that they are working on other unannounced titles for both 3ds and wii u

ultrazilla

Sold. Double dip. :)

These guys *get* 2D action games. I love it. Here's hoping for a HD release of "Aliens: Infestation". Please!!!!!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ooo. Nice and unexpected.

The background has a nice lineless art style going on, and Patricia looks pretty good too. That glow around the bat at the top, and the odd colored outline portions on the spiked beast to the left are kinda weird, though. Probably just concept art, and less actual in-gameplay stuff?

Would have loved to see some HD Pixelart, but this is the next best thing, as long as it moves and animates beautifully!

tim.mbp

So, does this means the things are starting to look good for Nintendo's online shop?
Like in still closer to WiiWare or on the (long) road to psn/xbla?

Bit Trip Runner 2, Trine 2, Chasing Aurora (And Yet It Moves devs) and now Might Switch Force. Looks like it will be more inline with PSN/XBLA then WiiWare.

Didn't grab the 3DS version yet, guess now I'll wait for this. Seeing this though.....Shantae is going to look fantastic! :D

This!!!!

And I may even double dip on Switch Force - it looks incredible! Shantae's gonna be an even bigger jump considering it's sprites were made for the DS - it's going to be a HUGE jump! Can't wait!

Boney

Banned
This is who Sakamoto should have gotten to collaborate on Metroid with. Anywho, looks sweet, but I'll probably still pick up the 3DS version at some point. While the redrawn characters look great, the original pixel art has its own charm. Personally, I think WayForward's best looking stuff is all pixel art. The console based stuff has kinda a budget flash animation feel to it. Needless to say this is still a day one purchase, assuming the Wii U is reasonably priced.

edit: Yay, I see on not alone in my pixel fetish.

why would you want a 3d game from wayforward :/

if it was 2d, there wouldn't have been any reason for collaborations

Rafaelcsa

Bit Trip Runner 2, Trine 2, Chasing Aurora (And Yet It Moves devs) and now Might Switch Force. Looks like it will be more inline with PSN/XBLA then WiiWare.

I don't get why you say that. Bit.Trip Runner was on WiiWare. Chasing Aurora is from devs who worked on a WiiWare game (published by Nintendo themselves), as you mentioned. Might Switch Force is by WayForward, who worked on Lit, a WiiWare game. Okay, Trine never came to WiiWare, but there are comparable games on the service like LostWinds or NyxQuest, which are not on the other services (correct me if I'm wrong).

How do you get to the conclusion the service will be more inline with PSN/XBLA? I'm not saying it won't be, but I don't get how you can conclude that based just on these games.

Top Bottom