• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LEGO Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norfair

speaking of which, the wife noticed how my son and I have been getting into Legos recently.
It was a Lego kind of valentines day

My wife had the same idea.

IMG_0299.JPG

She built it out of my extra legos I had stored in the basement from my childhood too.

That and I found out they're finally opening a lego store in the Milwaukee area. Hurray!

Finished rebuilding my AT-AT, and I just picked up a mini-Tie Interceptor to go with it!

hO1ja.jpg

It walks around and does a great job of freaking out the cat, muahaha.

Girlfriend saw me looking at this thread a lot and noticed I make an extra stop in the Lego section now when we visit stores. We took a trip to the Lego store in Glendale, CA earlier this week and I guess she noticed my eyes light up when I saw the Medieval Market place...cuz that's what she gave me for Valentine's day. Hell yea.

001-1.jpg

Man, I can't wait to build this thing. We don't live together...but thinking I should wait for her next visit. I want other sets so bad, like the Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium and some Star Wars stuff, however given how expensive some sets are and the fact that I'm a crazy toy collector as it is (Hasbro's Star Wars line being one of the major things I collect), dunno if I should bite...especially on the Star Wars stuff since I have decently sculpted figures and vehicles. Collecting the Lego star wars stuff seems redundant.

Games and toys...my hobbies are too expensive :(

Girlfriend saw me looking at this thread a lot and noticed I make an extra stop in the Lego section now when we visit stores. We took a trip to the Lego store in Glendale, CA earlier this week and I guess she noticed my eyes light up when I saw the Medieval Market place...cuz that's what she gave me for Valentine's day. Hell yea.

001-1.jpg

Nice, good of her to notice! :)

Show us a pic when you're done building it!

wetwired

001-1.jpg

Man, I can't wait to build this thing. We don't live together...but thinking I should wait for her next visit. I want other sets so bad, like the Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium and some Star Wars stuff, however given how expensive some sets are and the fact that I'm a crazy toy collector as it is (Hasbro's Star Wars line being one of the major things I collect), dunno if I should bite...especially on the Star Wars stuff since I have decently sculpted figures and vehicles. Collecting the Lego star wars stuff seems redundant.

Games and toys...my hobbies are too expensive :(

Marry this Woman

Spocker

Have become more and more interested in the Creator line these past few weeks, so I finally caved and placed a new order. Hopefully they'll arrive before the end of the week.

5764:
5764-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5765:
5765-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5766:
5766-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5767:
5767-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5771:
5771-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5891:
5891-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5892:
5892-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

001-1.jpg

Hmmm... I need to look into getting one of these girlfriend things.

wetwired

Have become more and more interested in the Creator line these past few weeks, so I finally caved and placed a new order. Hopefully they'll arrive before the end of the week.

5764:
5764-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5765:
5765-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5766:
5766-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5767:
5767-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5771:
5771-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5891:
5891-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

5892:
5892-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

Nice, I've only got the apple tree house out of all of those, I like the look of the jet, cool car and the other house. The jet is pretty similar to a white Creator one from s few years back same with the yellow car.

This thread has really taken on a life of its own in the last few weeks. When I started I had to keep posting to stop it dropping off but its gone apeshit lately with all the purchases people have been making and talk of upcoming sets. Lego should be paying me a commission for this shit.

Lego if you're listening, I'll take payments in the form of pet stores and town halls. Kthx

*pics*

No Lighthouse Island?

Saw this set in a store yesterday, tempted to go back and buy it:

6754b.jpg

ghostmind

Nice, I've only got the apple tree house out of all of those, I like the look of the jet, cool car and the other house. The jet is pretty similar to a white Creator one from s few years back same with the yellow car.

This thread has really taken on a life of its own in the last few weeks. When I started I had to keep posting to stop it dropping off but its gone apeshit lately with all the purchases people have been making and talk of upcoming sets. Lego should be paying me a commission for this shit.

Lego if you're listening, I'll take payments in the form of pet stores and town halls. Kthx

Watching this little community form has been one of the highlights of the past few years on GAF for me. I'm just hoping that for many this will be more than a passing fad, and we can look forward to "The LEGO Thread |OT2|" in the not-so-distant future.

Chuckie

Watching this little community form has been one of the highlights of the past few years on GAF for me. I'm just hoping that for many this will be more than a passing fad, and we can look forward to "The LEGO Thread |OT2|" in the not-so-distant future.

I'm hoping with you bro. This is one of the bestest topics on Gaf. LEGO-GAF is awesome!

This topic has cost me about € 200 though ;)

neonglow

After rediscovering Lego, I was most impressed by the new details on sets. Star Wars sets are much better now than the early sets. I'm also liking the nicer looking trucks in the City theme.

Naka

Looks like I have plans for the weekend.

IMG_0060.jpg

I've been considering the Obi Wan Star Fighter since it's technically a UCS set and very inexpensive right now. My only gripe with it is that it's technically from Clone Wars and I said I wouldn't buy any of those sets to myself haha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For anyone on the fence, I've noticed that Amazon is offering Fire Brigade for $140 via Amazon Prime. It's only $10 savings, but if you can't get to a Lego store or don't want to pay
tax
on a large purchase, it's a decent way to do it.

Also, with FB going OOP very soon, now is the time. I actually still haven't opened mine from when I bought it last month. -_-

neonglow

For anyone on the fence, I've noticed that Amazon is offering Fire Brigade for $140 via Amazon Prime. It's only $10 savings, but if you can't get to a Lego store or don't want to pay
tax
on a large purchase, it's a decent way to do it.

Also, with FB going OOP very soon, now is the time. I actually still haven't opened mine from when I bought it last month. -_-

How are you getting it for $140? I'm still seeing 149.98.

R2D4

Banned
I've been considering the Obi Wan Star Fighter since it's technically a UCS set and very inexpensive right now. My only gripe with it is that it's technically from Clone Wars and I said I wouldn't buy any of those sets to myself haha.

I only got it because it was cheap (50% off at lego.com) and was a UCS. And hopefully as history has shown UCS only increase in value. That and I was drunk when I ordered it.

Finished off the first floor of the Fire Station. Really liked how the door worked. Just wish there was a mechanism so I didn't have to raise by hand.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How are you getting it for $140? I'm still seeing 149.98.

Welp that went quick. It was showing up on my "Recommendations on Browsing" thing as $139.98 when I posted that. Appears to have either sold or gone up. No idea. :( Sorry guys.

Some guy on Craigslist near me is selling one for $140, too. Silly silly man.

MrDaravon

Posted this in the Bricked thread, but I never really had Legos as a kid, but after watching those I just dropped $19 for the two of these:

fQ8bP.jpg

I figured it was a pretty low cost of entry and I would see if I want to actually drop some money into this stuff. Interesting to hear that the Y-Wing set is good, I'm pretty sure when I was looking around today I saw that one for $42 on sale at TRU, and I also saw that the Obi-Wan one was on sale at Lego.com for $59 I think? Hmm.

Posted this in the Bricked thread, but I never really had Legos as a kid, but after watching those I just dropped $19 for the two of these:

fQ8bP.jpg

I figured it was a pretty low cost of entry and I would see if I want to actually drop some money into this stuff. Interesting to hear that the Y-Wing set is good, I'm pretty sure when I was looking around today I saw that one for $42 on sale at TRU, and I also saw that the Obi-Wan one was on sale at Lego.com for $59 I think? Hmm.

I built that mini Republic Cruiser last night and I actually really like it. I would love to have a fleet of miniature capital ships.

neonglow

Welp that went quick. It was showing up on my "Recommendations on Browsing" thing as $139.98 when I posted that. Appears to have either sold or gone up. No idea. :( Sorry guys.

Some guy on Craigslist near me is selling one for $140, too. Silly silly man.

It might be your gold box quick pick. I get random Lego sets listed for an additional 5% each day. Yesterday, the winter village post office was 5% off which I quickly bought.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It might be your gold box quick pick. I get random Lego sets listed for an additional 5% each day. Yesterday, the winter village post office was 5% off which I quickly bought.

I never thought of this! Sorry guys...Also, I need to [apparently] keep a much better eye on this!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone got a spare one of these they'd be willing to send me? It's the last part I need to build that Metal Grudge RC, and I just can't see ordering 1 from a shop.

Looking for it in Light Bluish Gray

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=776&colorID=86

Yeah, I've got tons of them. But i'm in the UK so postage will be prohibitive

ordering one on its own isn't practical, but you could get one along with some other pieces you might want.

Or look to see what sets that piece comes with, and buy that set?

MrDaravon

well some sellers have an minimum piece/dollar limit, plus there's cost of shipping.

Bricklink is good for ordering in bulk, like I am for the UCS Falcon, but it seems kind of wasteful for just one piece.

Is this actually doable? Can you actually 100% duplicate that thing with orderable parts?

MrDaravon

Wonder how much it would cost to order everything separately like that. If that set was available today at $500 I'd be leaving to buy it right now, but no way I'm paying anywhere near the $1700+ it seems to be going for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom