• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEEDS, merged, renamed.

IzumiK

Banned
Into Platinum games.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/horrible/seeds-gets-craptastic-new-name-304227.php

"Over on the SEEDS official website, there is a notice that Seeds is apparently merging with IT company ODD Solutions ODD Corporation to form, brace yourself, Platinum Games. Yes, PLATINUM GAMES."

Dive into the site to see for yourself.

http://www.seeds-inc.jp/

I don't mind anything to get them started on ANY game development. But the name is pretty lame.

Edit: For the benefit of the first reply, SEEDS is the demolished Clover Studio which had made games like Okami, God Hand, Viewtiful Joe consisting of the creators of DMC and several REs. They got the axe because Capcom wants money rather than making great epic games.

imek

castle007 said:
I have never heard of SEEDS before

Formed from ex Clover people.

Not sure what I want to think of the merger really, seeing as we hadn't heard of any SEEDS projects yet (or that I can remember them announcing). Hopefully they will stay viable and in business though.

Bebpo

Banned
Who are these ODD people as they might indicate the direction of SEEDS games?

(please don't be cellphones, please don't be cellphones)

The new name sounds way lame, but I can't wait to see what they're developing, should be something awesome.

should have been changed to 'Zod kneels before us'

that would be a badass name

Bebpo said:

if SEEDS Platinum games releases their first game on cell phones, I will be VERY pissed off

Bebpo

Banned
Also for anyone calling the name retarded, just remember it holds nothing to the name we just learned less than 24 hours ago: team Shitstorm, in the bizarre/activision thread.

john tv

OMG why...? They went from having one of the most promising brand/logo combinations to one of the absolute worst. Who on Earth decides these things?

JDSN

Banned
Even worst than Gamecock, although ill laugh when the inevitable "Where can I find the non-platinum edition of Resident Joe?!1" thread comes.

Polari

Bebpo said:
Also for anyone calling the name retarded, just remember it holds nothing to the name we just learned less than 24 hours ago: team Shitstorm, in the bizarre/activision thread.

Team Shitstorm is an awesome name, Platinum Games is a shit one.

Jonnyram

Bebpo said:
Team Shitstorm is an awesome name :(

Bebpo said:

Team Shitstorm sounds awesome.

you can just imagine a guy telling them to make a game then yelling out "TEAM SHITSTORM! GO!!!!!!" and they all run out of the office.

duckroll

john tv said:
OMG why...? They went from having one of the most promising brand/logo combinations to one of the absolute worst. Who on Earth decides these things?

Clearly the people with money decide. :lol

Grecco

830920 said:
Shinji Mikami was executive producer of Killer 7.

The Music Director worked with Clover i think as well. Regardless ive been playing Killer 7 recently and the name is just so cool :lol plus i thought it was funny how one of the characters has the "god hand". Anyways

yeah the name sucks. change it back.

Oh and :lol at shitstorm

duckroll

So, is this really a merger? Or were they bought over outright to make cellphone games for the next 10 years? Come on, somebody tell us the truth! :D

duckroll

Linkzg said:
couldent Capcom just get Platinum games to make it?

and I still say the second best option is a licensed Hokuto no Ken game by seed...platinum games.

Why the hell would Capcom want to pay an outside contractor (which is only an outside contractor because the team made games that don't fucking sell) to revive an IP that said contractor previously created which bombed and didn't sell? :lol

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
the new name is DOWNGRADE TOTAL -- particularly since 'platinum' (with its sales connotations) isn't the first thing i associate with clover :lol :(

but i can't wait to see what they're up to. okami was the bestest game ever.

tetsuoxb

duckroll said:
Why the hell would Capcom want to pay an outside contractor (which is only an outside contractor because the team made games that don't fucking sell) to revive an IP that said contractor previously created which bombed and didn't sell? :lol

You're not Alexander.

wsippel

Banned
Bebpo said:

Well, it seems ODD has nothing to do with gaming, actually. I don't really understand the website, but they seem to do chip design and stuff like that.

Just make a game called "Power Hand" or something. And then tell everyone it's the spiritual successor. Like what was done with Bioshock. It's not like the mythology of God Hand was original at all.

IzumiK

Banned
duckroll said:

To make me have faith in Capcom. But I don't see it happening.

The boycott continues!

duckroll said:

because...stop killing dreams!

hokuto no ken for PS3 by platinum then, you wa shock.

HnK.gif

Pakman

disappeared said:
I thought this was some sort of weird FFVIII themed thread.

Me too. :(

But hey, I don't care what they call themselves as long as they start putting out new quality titles.

Aaron

duckroll said:
Hey, they paid for Beat Down and Final Fight Streetwise. Anything is possible.

duckroll

Big Icarus said:
Just make a game called "Power Hand" or something. And then tell everyone it's the spiritual successor. Like what was done with Bioshock. It's not like the mythology of God Hand was original at all.

The difference is... System Shock wasn't a horrible flop! :D

wsippel

Banned
Some information about ODD Solutions:

Development of Electric and Electronic Circuits
From the planning, design, and development of products to the design of various circuits on assignment.

Software development languages
Assembler, VB, VC, etc.

Development of automated equipment
Production line control systems and various inspection equipment.

Design and Manufacture of PCBs
High-frequency components, power sources, consumer products, and machines and tools for industrial use.
Source: http://www.circuit.co.jp/he/description.htm

Strange. Very, very strange...

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
with the platinum pieces
and the platinum chains
and the platinum watches
and the platinum raings

(platinum raings)

Top Bottom