• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police Warfare - a new Kickstarter project in the vein of Call of Duty

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
iJhztn2W

don't let the shooter genre die, support the right cause!

Imagine a game that draws inspiration from the large scale, multiplayer experience of a title such as Battlefield 3, and combines it with the cops and robbers style of Grant Theft Auto and HEAT. Welcome to POLICE WARFARE; a multiplayer first person shooter set in the world of armed robbery and law enforcement. Players will go toe-to-toe as either a member of the Los Angeles Police SWAT team, or the opposite side of the law, robbing banks as an armed gunman.

Players will experience the gorgeous visuals, punchy sound design, and fluid controls they expect in a AAA FPS. All this while a clash of titans takes place in sunny Los Angeles between America's oldest and most distinguished SWAT division, and a group of former private military contractors armed to the teeth in the latest weapons, vehicles and gadgets. This isn't just a bank heist...this is war

Kickstarter page with a trailer

idk, it may turn out decent

Nope. It's hard enough for any company to get controls, map, balance, and the overall feel of any multi-player fps to work right. I have serious doubts that a kickstarter could pull it off.

The premise is nice though.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Kickstarter Page said:
In both Heist and Warzone mode players will spawn as one of three player classes: Assault, Sniper or Support (except for $100 backers who will also get to spawn as the secret class and use the secret weapon kit!).

Nice. So 25% of the classes are behind a $100 paywall. And you think f2p-games are bad.

Card Boy

Banned
You probably should of avoided mentioning CoD in the thread title, you know how Gaf acts around CoD shotters. Maybe Payday: The Heist would of being better.

Even the Kickstarter page mentions they aiming for something similar to BF1943.

How is $325K supposed to support 15 people for more than a year?

Really hate these kickstarters which tell you nothing about what the money is used for or why it's needed. Seems like they are going to make the game either way and the only point of the kickstarter is to get pre order money ahead of time.

If the project is happening with or without kickstarter, then using kickstarter is bullshit.
If its goal isn't met, however, that doesn't necessarily spell the end for Police Warfare. "Our intent is to keep after it," Wallace says. "We've got a lot of passion for it. We've assembled a really great team. And we think the concept is something that people want, proven by the response.

We're not going to scale back even if we don't hit our goal. We're going to keep going."

raphier

Banned
How is $325K supposed to support 15 people for more than a year?

Really hate these kickstarters which tell you nothing about what the money is used for or why it's needed. Seems like they are going to make the game either way and the only point of the kickstarter is to get pre order money ahead of time.

If the project is happening with or without kickstarter, then using kickstarter is bullshit.

I think this is just a publicity stunt, but good one, hollywood police fps may raise more than you think. This thing will hit mainstream quick.

I think this is just a publicity stunt, but good one, hollywood police fps may raise more than you think. This thing will hit mainstream quick.

I don't care what it is, the point of kickstarter is to fund projects that otherwise wouldn't happen. Companies that use it as just a way to get a bunch of cash a year in advance are going to ruin it for the people who actually need it.

If this game is going to get made either way, then why give them a 325K in advance?

sixghost

It's really hard to have any confidence in a kickstarter when you've never heard of the devs and they have almost nothing to show besides some concept art and vague descriptions of what they would like the game to be.

thread title said:
Police Warfare - a new Kickstarter project in the vein of Call of Duty

the actual article said:
Imagine a game that draws inspiration from the large scale, multiplayer experience of a title such as Battlefield 3, and combines it with the cops and robbers style of Grant Theft Auto and HEAT.

the actual article said:
. We're building a game similar to Battlefield 1943 in that it's a small but extremely high quality shooter built for digital download.

the actual article said:
If you've ever wanted to play a game that looks like Battlefield and Heat had a bit too much to drink and spent a long, passionate night of romance together then this is your chance to get in on the ground floor of whats sure to be an incredible gaming experience and a new movement in game development.

which is it

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I don't care what it is, the point of kickstarter is to fund projects that otherwise wouldn't happen. Companies that use it as just a way to get a bunch of cash a year in advance are going to ruin it for the people who actually need it.

If this game is going to get made either way, then why give them a 325K in advance?

how do you know that this project will happen anyway.

may be pubs took a look and said "nah, too generic"?

wonzo

Banned
PLEDGE $100 OR MORE

ALL PREVIOUS REWARDS + Get the special unlockable secret class for both SWAT and Robber teams including exclusive weapon kits. This special class and exclusive weapon kit will NEVER be available to the public or anybody else, it's a Kickstarter EXCLUSIVE.

get fucked

element

I wish them all the luck, but their lead designer has a strange road to becoming one. Sound Designer, Lead Sound Designer, to Lead Designer? Also a lot of them used to work at Artificial Studios with Tim Johnson who wrote/developed Reality Engine (that demo was in 2004 on a ATI 9700).

I remember this from a few months back and it looks cool.........but

Feels like Michael Bay asking for Government funding to make Transformers 4.

The guys funding kickstarter projects are not doing it for more COD.

Card Boy

Banned
I think these devs need to actually come out with a video and explain what the money is raising exactly and what they money will be used for so it's clear to other people. It says they where in preproduction for 6months and need the dosh for production I think. Really needs to be more clear judging from this thread.

Edit: couldn't see video on my phone, disregard this post.

I remember this from a few months back and it looks cool.........but

Feels like Michael Bay asking for Government funding to make Transformers 4.

The guys funding kickstarter projects are not doing it for more COD.

Oh, please. This isn't Activision asking for handouts to make the next COD. Kickstarter devs can make whatever they damn please, and if it happens to be a COD-alike so be it. People who don't want to play it don't have to fund it.

JWong

Banned
$325 thousand for all those promises.

Not gonna happen. We're likely funding their vacation money in which they will never return to America.

Emitan

$325 thousand for all those promises.

Not gonna happen. We're likely funding their vacation money in which they will never return to America.

Yeah and then they return from their vacation only to never be hired in this industry again.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Why not scale it back and make some sort of isometric strategy game where you try to deal with the complexities and nuances of urban crime—and figure out strategies to stem it—rather than this exploitative nonsense? I'd fund that game.

Top Bottom