• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witness |OT|

louiedog

I'm ready for this game to happen.

giphy.gif

I pre-ordered on Steam, can't wait! Is there a way to do something like auto-download as soon as the game is unlocked or do you have to manually start the download with Steam? On that note, when do games usually unlock?

louiedog

I pre-ordered on Steam, can't wait! Is there a way to do something like auto-download as soon as the game is unlocked or do you have to manually start the download with Steam? On that note, when do games usually unlock?

You'll need to manually install it. In the case of this game, ~20 hours left until it unlocks. Unreleased games have availability info above where you purchase them.

Can't wait to give this a shot eventually. I'm thinking I may actually wait until I get my Rift in March and play through this in VR the first time.

slider

Don't have the time to game these days. And, as an indirect corollary, I don't have the patience for puzzle games. But, despite not getting very far at all with Braid, I'm sorely tempted by this. Hmm.

gdt

Already bought.....can't wait.

Little confused as to when it actually is unlocked though. On Steam.

Sicious

Neo Member
Fuck, that description convinced me to buy this game very soon. I was planning to wait for a sale. Oh well, i want to be in Blow, i like his ideas.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Any news on PC FOV?

I'm actually wondering if that will be locked. Also wondering the same about 21:9 support. Mainly because of what was seen in the trailer previously might mean he wants to manage what we see and how we see it.

Just speculation though

Anyone set up a countdown timer? I can't wait for this, I'm replying Braid to get me in the puzzle solving mindset. :)

We can't have a timer since we really aren't sure when it's being released exactly. The Twitter account for both the game and Blow says it should be out at 12:01 AM PST on PSN and 9 AM PST on Steam, but Blow really doesn't seem to know anything concrete.

louiedog

Will do. I've been needing a puzzle fix since Portal1/2 were so long ago.

If you want a Portal-like puzzle game, then Talos is definitely something to look into. It's been out on PS4 for maybe 3 months now so you can probably find a decent sale price on it soon. There's a disc available as well.

I will say I've only played it on PC, so maybe check to make sure the PS4 version is okay.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
At which time of the day is it expected to hit the (EU) PSN store?

If you get the Steam app on your phone, it let's you remotely set games for installation. Which is pretty awesome.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nice OT.
Game wasn't even on my mind until a few hours ago when I watched the Giant Bomb quick look.
Looks incredible.

I've been waiting so long for this day. All the years of devouring every new update on The Witness blog, every article, every interview, every video, every screen of the island as it progressed over the past seven years.

And here we are. The game is a certified masterpiece. I couldn't be happier.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
If this thing actually releases at 12AM PST I'll eat my hat.

I laughed when he said the reason for no pre-order was because "Welp we didn't know. . ." I guess if you're that into the game development. . .

Skux

I'll give it a shot. I suppose this is the kind of game you're better off not knowing anything about before you jump in, so this will be all of the time I spend in the OT lol

Dinjooh

Doesn't really look 650+ puzzles big, I'm guessing there's a ton of indoor/underground area as well.

Looking forward to spending some time with this tho, the game is gorgeous.

From what little I've seen of previews, yeeah.. There's tons of little hidden places that you'll maybe/maybe not find.

Mexen

I have to be honest about the length of the game being something I am OK with.
The idea of solving puzzles for 40+ hours excites me. Bring it on, Blow.

Top Bottom