• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Neon - 179€ for already placed orders at Amazon DE? Price error?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Posted in the GermanGAF Community:
C22EmrYXgAEu6e3.jpg

People in the 329€ Thread are reporting this, too:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333505&page=10

Its most likely a error and will be fixed soon, but check if you have this in your order history, too.

Amazon can still want the 329€ from you, since the actual contract is made when the article ships.

KHlover

Banned
My grey one is still at 330€ :/

Don't think they'll honor this anyways, price is going to quietly change back to 330€ and (bar any legitimate price drops) stay that way until launch.

Still, right now Switch = 3DS successor CONFIRMED!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
watch and see amazon.de cancel all the neon colour pre-orders..

I don't see them honouring this price. We'll probably get the old price back and, if we are lucky, get a 5€ giftcard.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Doesn't Amazon usually honour preorder price accidental price drops

This wasn't a pre-order price drop, as in nobody has actual ordered it at this price. These consoles were pre-ordered at 330 euro but now they are listed at a different price by a mistake. Unless they actually have ones available to pre-order at this price I don't see why they should honour it.

To be fair, Amazon UK did honor the £100 off price mistake on the Wii U premium at launch.

Yeah, but it was available to pre-order it at that price.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
5d4sEVa.jpg

you could even pre-order it for this price for a few minutes.

of course this does not guarantee the price.

deleted

Sadly not the case for the grey system and most likely not to be honored by Amazon.

Still a curious case of will they won't they.

Edit: Wait, France is 10 Euro less than Germany by now? With this and the Amazon UK coupons, it would have payed by now to sprinkle my pre-orders across Europe. Would have meant to not be there on day one though...

OrochiJR

Just checked mine, I would only pay 38€ with amazon vouchers if this goes through (which it won't probably).

Edit: Aaand the price has gone back to normal for me. :/

Lom1lo

So Im a bit confused. I contacted the support line because I thought its not okay to alter my order in any way without sending me an info.

So I got the answer:
Thats no problem, the price can change until the release date and I wont get additional notice. The system has a remark for every price change and I will get the lowest.

I was curious and asked specifically after the pricing mistake from 329 to 178,50.
He told me then, that this is no pricing error and I will get Switch for 178,50 on relase date. He'll send me the protocol that I have proof.

So my question: With the support line saying this to me, how are the chances that I (or we all) will get this price ?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So Im a bit confused. I contacted the support line because I thought its not okay to alter my order in any way without sending me an info.

So I got the answer:
Thats no problem, the price can change until the release date and I wont get additional notice. The system has a remark for every price change and I will get the lowest.

I was curious and asked specifically after the pricing mistake from 329 to 178,50.
He told me then, that this is no pricing error and I will get Switch for 178,50 on relase date. He'll send me the protocol that I have proof.

So my question: With the support line saying this to me, how are the chances that I (or we all) will get this price ?
Pretty good I think. Congratulations!

Intel_89

Posted in the GermanGAF Community:

People in the 329€ Thread are reporting this, too:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333505&page=10

Its most likely a error and will be fixed soon, but check if you have this in your order history, too.

Amazon can still want the 329€ from you, since the actual contract is made when the article ships.

They'll have to honor that price or compensate whoever had it pre-ordered if they bump up the price to its current one.

It's already back to 329€ for neon pre-orders.

yes, but:

So I got the answer:

Perhaps simply a marketing action. Such things will be posted in many forums/social media and people go to Amazon and look and perhaps preorder one even when the price went back to normal

El Topo

Probably a simple mistake.

Perhaps simply a marketing action. Such things will be posted in many forums/social media and people go to Amazon and look and perhaps preorder one even when the price went back to normal

I don't know. People go because they read/heard 179€ and then see 329€, that's not going to make them preorder.

Probably a simple mistake.

I don't know. People go because they read/heard 179€ and then see 329€, that's not going to make them preorder.

But perhaps they buy other things. it's like an ad, you can never be sure if people that click on an ad order something, most will not, but nonetheless amazon pay for that ad click. such news are free ads that people spread by themself without any cost for Amazon.

Halabane

Doesn't Amazon usually honour preorder price accidental price drops

nope. they have fixed prices often ... with an apology of course

they had a accidental huge price cut on a big external hard drive (it was on kinja deals) and they changed it

Mine still says 329,99 EUR :(
358fde7aa1.png

You could?

Well then maybe they will honour it.

No, they won't necessarily.
2 or 3 years ago they had the super expensive Terminator Collection (the one that was formed like a Terminator skull) for something like 20€ (original price was somewhere around 130-150€ I think). I ordered it at that 20€ price.
They deleted my order completely with an apology email saying that this was an accidental price error. They do have the right to not having to honor the price if it was made in error.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Everyone who has got it changed: Phone them! Mail them! Livechat them! DeutschGAF reports that most of them got from 80 - 150€ back when they contacted Amazon again.

Top Bottom