• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mini Mafia III |OT| An Amazing Alien Abduction Adventure

batsnacks - haven't noticed him, I have a blind spot for lowercase though
CCS - playing like a confirmed townie (not at all)
Crab - has a few questions, but started late so no read yet.
Tim - jumping on my unvote started all this. Kind of an easy way to generate discussion. Slight town read
Gorlak - playing like Gorlak usually does (overeager and over-defensive), slight scum read (blame gut)
Haly - following Tim everywhere, almost too obvious, slight town read
Kawl - active and asking questions, slight town read
Kyan - lowercase blind spot, also is he going to play like this every game, no read
melon - seems awfully quiet so far, slight scum read
Ouro - seems awfully quiet so far, slight scum read
squidy - less active than me, stop the presses, no read
Time - pretty logical so far, slight town read

Kyanrute

Tim - jumping on my unvote started all this. Kind of an easy way to generate discussion. Slight town read
Gorlak - playing like Gorlak usually does (overeager and over-defensive), slight scum read (blame gut)
Kyan - lowercase blind spot, also is he going to play like this every game, no read

I imagine the answer is yes, even though I am not sure what you mean by that.

batsnacks

LP is bargaining with the thread I made an infographic

MSy1hK3.png

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I just like to sit back and analyse. I'll have my grand theory of everything soon enough :p

For a = "everything" and Px = "is a theory of x":

Pa

I just like to sit back and analyse. I'll have my grand theory of everything soon enough :p

I realize being confirmed town zero seconds in gives you the luxury of not having to worry about people questioning your alignment but you should not sit back and be reactionary towards the game.

What are your current thoughts, feelings?

Kawl_USC

LP is bargaining with the thread I made an infographic

MSy1hK3.png

Vote: Lone_Prodigy
This gets thrown around a lot and I struggle with how much I agree.

On the one hand it can be easy to fall into as frustrated town to try and protect yourself and make it further in the game. On the other, I do think this can be effective in highlighting to a townie that they are not bringing anything of value to town with their current attitude and approach. Even if it causes scum to move on the offensive, that gives more room for slip ups than just letting them be purely defensive.

So I like pushing things into this paradigm, but I'm not sure I see it as a lock for alignment indication.

CCS

Banned
I realize being confirmed town zero seconds in gives you the luxury of not having to worry about people questioning your alignment but you should not sit back and be reactionary towards the game.

What are your current thoughts, feelings?

I'm uncertain on whether I'm onboard with the mini wagon on LP. Barring terrible scum play, D1 lynches are always mostly gut though and my gut doesn't feel great about him.

Town reading bat and Gorlak right now, their exchange felt like town v town to me.

I think you're town, not 100% but reasonably confident.

Slightly suspicious of squidyj, just feels like a slightly quiet scum.

No other real feelings.

And acohrs is town :p

CCS

Banned
Also, Crab is very hard for me, only played with him as town and I'm not sure what scum Crab looks like. Always scares me though :p

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's a dumb paradigm. I know I'm town. I know if I'm lynched, town lost a player. I know if someone else is lynched, there's a non-zero probability they're mafia. Ergo, it is always better for me not to be lynched. Town not desperately struggling survive are bad town.

But... the best way for you not to be lynched as town is to persuade other people that there are better options - this is a comparative game. And that involves solving the riddle.

Survive and solve aren't dichotomous. They're the same thing.

Kawl_USC

Defensive vs offensive is how I've always read it tbh. Players on the offensive are more useful and more likely to slip up.

And there can be times when getting lynched increases towns odds though so I don't think it's that clear cut crab. Sometimes the Gordian knot of a scummy ass town member needs to be cut so town will move on.

batsnacks

This gets thrown around a lot and I struggle with how much I agree.

On the one hand it can be easy to fall into as frustrated town to try and protect yourself and make it further in the game. On the other, I do think this can be effective in highlighting to a townie that they are not bringing anything of value to town with their current attitude and approach. Even if it causes scum to move on the offensive, that gives more room for slip ups than just letting them be purely defensive.

So I like pushing things into this paradigm, but I'm not sure I see it as a lock for alignment indication.

It sounds like you agree more than your disagree :p

The main focus of LP's reads list is 1 event, the exchange of people voting/commenting on him because of his joke vote. A townie's reads list should be a tldr of their progress on solving the game because town wants to solve and find the mafia. LP's reads list is a response to pressure, it's a bargaining chip to get people off his back.

CzarTim

Sounds like a typical D1, LP. Just seems like you don't want to be that guy that pushed it over the edge.

The LP unvote reads a little scummy but doesn't strike me as all that different from his usual playstyle.

I don't really like that time felt the need to chime in here twice. I doubt it's wolf defending wolf, but I could see scumtime distancing himself from a mislynch.

Still feel stronger about LP right now though.

batsnacks

It's a dumb paradigm. I know I'm town. I know if I'm lynched, town lost a player. I know if someone else is lynched, there's a non-zero probability they're mafia. Ergo, it is always better for me not to be lynched. Town not desperately struggling survive are bad town.

But... the best way for you not to be lynched as town is to persuade other people that there are better options - this is a comparative game. And that involves solving the riddle.

Survive and solve aren't dichotomous. They're the same thing.

survive - solve = mafia because town solves

Kawl_USC

The main focus of LP's reads list is 1 event, the exchange of people voting/commenting on him because of his joke vote. A townie's reads list should be a tldr of their progress on solving the game because town wants to solve and find the mafia. LP's reads list is a response to pressure, it's a bargaining chip to get people off his back.

Don't you put words in my mouth boy

But....yea, mostly in that it promotes better and more helpful play for town to solve

Kawl_USC

No, mafia also solves. They just reach the wrong solutions, which town also does, only mafia does it deliberately.
All of these necessitate the qualifier of "good, skillful" which muddies these positions quite a bit when dealing with Gafia

CCS

Banned
I don't really like that time felt the need to chime in here twice. I doubt it's wolf defending wolf, but I could see scumtime distancing himself from a mislynch.

Still feel stronger about LP right now though.

Hmmmm, this is an interesting post.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Lone_Prodigy (4)
CzarTim #169
Haly #202
Crab #222
batsnacks #260

Gorlak (2)
Ourobolus #60 #215
batsnacks #63 #260
Kawl_USC #175
Timeaisis #200

Timeaisis (1)
Ourobolus #215

Kyanrute (1)
squidyj #259

batsnacks (1)
Gorlak #57
Timeaisis #82 #200

CCS (0): Kawl_USC #90 #132

melonrabbit (0): Kawl_USC #132 #175

squidyj (0): Haly #58 #115

Crab (0): melonrabbit #137 #237

Ourobolus (0): Lone_Prodigy #69 #165, CzarTim #106 #169, Haly #115 #202

Kawl_USC (0): melonrabbit #109 #137

No active vote for Day 1: CCS, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted), melonrabbit (has previously voted)

Day 1 ends:
gra_1486591200.png

Automated vote tally here

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Well then are you actually scum reading me or was it just easier to open photoshop then answer my question?

paint.net. I'm not a member of the librul elite.

I've already pointed out I have mild suspiscions about Ouro. Otherwise, I either have no firm read or would prefer not to divulge yet.

CCS

Banned
I mentioned being suspicious of squidyj, and the more I think of it the more I become uncomfortable.

CCS

Banned
I'm finding Kawl difficult to read, mostly because I sense that he's annoyed he won't get to lynch me ;)

CCS

Banned
Far too early to think about teams, but I could see Timeaisis, squidyj, and one of the most active posters as scum team.

I don't know why people keep putting words in my mouth.

I posted a reads list because I was asked to. If you're going to lynch me for a list made barely 24 hours into a game, then there's no changing your mind. I'd be happy to provide an updated list when we start talking about something else besides 1 (non)-event.

And the whole "lol LP saying I'm quiet" is so old. Is a pot never supposed to comment on a kettle's colour? Ever?

Anyway I've hit my post quota for the day so I'm going back to hiding, coasting, etc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Apropos of nothing is it in scum's best interest to kill CCS tonight?

Top Bottom