• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skipped out on bar tab, am I in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siyou

whenever i read this thread i always think that maybe the hooker got a good idea of what he looks like since, after all, she was with him right? Also I wonder if they're sitting back and laughing; "haha he'll shit bricks when he sees it"

derder

I would go to the bar with that amount of money and ask to see the actual receipt. Pay it if they can make it add up. Pay it if they can't.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Clubbing with the hooker is a good idea. Just when you're about to meet up, change the meeting place a couple of times and check if she has company, then kill her. After that, I'd recommend to subtly provoke a fire on the club. Also, leave an anonymous tip to the police about illegal activities there. I think this will be enough distraction, if not, start taking snapshot of everybody going out of the club, discard the customers and investigate the staff; some of them will have mafia connections... if any guy looks like he has any sort of commanding power, you have to fill his car with popcorn, if you catch my drift :lol. If I were you, at this point I'd try to use my information to infiltrate their ranks, and in a couple of years you could be running the bussines if you're cunning enough.

linsivvi

Assuming this story is real, the op is fucked eventually unless the tab is settled. The hooker has his mobile number. All they need to know is somebody who works in a telecom company or has a government job that got access to the right database, and they can track him down. Or they can bribe someone who do. It's just that easy.

NotWii

Banned
DKnight said:
Clubbing with the hooker is a good idea. Just when you're about to meet up, change the meeting place a couple of times and check if she has company, then kill her. After that, I'd recommend to subtly provoke a fire on the club. Also, leave an anonymous tip to the police about illegal activities there. I think this will be enough distraction, if not, start taking snapshot of everybody going out of the club, discard the customers and investigate the staff; some of them will have mafia connections... if any guy looks like he has any sort of commanding power, you have to fill his car with popcorn, if you catch my drift :lol. If I were you, at this point I'd try to use my information to infiltrate their ranks, and in a couple of years you could be running the bussines if you're cunning enough.
Ahahaha that's actually not a bad idea... so long as you never ever get caught... They won't care about the $200 anymore.
But you can be sure as hell that they'll do whatever they can to find whoever torched their joint, so I guess that would be even worse than now.

Wizman23

Banned
linsivvi said:
Assuming this story is real, the op is fucked eventually unless the tab is settled. The hooker has his mobile number. All they need to know is somebody who works in a telecom company or has a government job that got access to the right database, and they can track him down. Or they can bribe someone who do. It's just that easy.

What he said.

$200 is NOT a lot of money. Definitely not enough worth killing a dude over. Just pay it if you're so scared - it's probably the right thing to do anyway.

I want to know more about this hooker you gave your number to.

NotWii

Banned
Shave your head and grow a beard.

Worked for Jeff Bridges!
the-dude.jpg
->
iron-man-site-obadiah-stane.jpg

shuri

Banned
AkuMifune said:
To throw her off the track from my real number, which I was afraid could be traced to me somehow.
well there's only one solution now; get a third cell phone number and cancel the 2nd one! There you go, COMPLETE STEALTH from asian street gangs!

NotWii

Banned
shuri said:
well there's only one solution now; get a third cell phone number and cancel the 2nd one! There you go, COMPLETE STEALTH from asian street gangs!
But if they can get his name/address from the 1st cell phone number's account through contacts/bribes then he'll be in danger anyway.

I'm pretty sure the records won't get wiped when you cancel an account, and you'll need to provide details to go on a mobile plan or when activating prepaid sims.

I say, make a hiding spot or an escape plan in case they ever break into your apartment looking for you.

Maybe set up some Home Alone style booby traps? :lol

itxaka

Defeatist
Revengeance said:
$200 is NOT a lot of money. Definitely not enough worth killing a dude over. Just pay it if you're so scared - it's probably the right thing to do anyway.

I want to know more about this hooker you gave your number to.

look, things works like this, they don't want a foreigner to put them to shame for 200$.

It's not about the money, it's about making a precedent and he laughing at their faces thinking he can play along the hooker and get out without paying not only money, but honor.

Plus probably the guys who are gonna kill him will enjoy doing it so no need for it to be profitable.

Althane

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Has anything happened since the initial "I'm not doing shit" decision?

He died.

Topic over, don't worry about it. Just another dead foreigner. Who didn't pay his bill.

You'll pay your bill, right?

Damodar

I'm thinking the OP will probably receive a phone call from the mafioso who owns the bar and he'll say "I know it was you, AkuMifune. You broke my heart... You broke my heart..." To the OP, don't go on any fishing trips.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
AkuMifune said:
I live in Taiwan and on Friday I went to a shitty Filipino bar run by the local mafia. I played some pool, danced with some hookers, got really drunk and then asked for my bill which was an astounding $6,000 NT (a little over $200 US). This was highly inflated, and they were obviously trying to rip off the drunk foreigner (my local friend drank more and his bill was 1/3 of that). Rather than pay, I snuck out the back and into a cab, laughing all the way home about it.

When I woke up the next day, it wasn't so funny. Especially because I was getting calls from a hooker who works in the bar whom I had foolishly given my # to. I spoke to her briefly and she told me her boss is really mad, but she thinks I should just take her clubbing on Friday instead of paying them back. But she might be lying, or setting a trap, or she may have even given them my #...can they do anything with that?

Now that I'm sitting here stoned I'm really paranoid that a couple of Asian thugs will show up looking to break my legs or something. Am I really in trouble or just stoned & paranoid? Should I go back to pay my tab or would that just be asking for more trouble?

TRAP.

Koomaster

Not everything has to end in death, you think? Pay the bill, no one is coming after you. Some poor bar owner has to feed his family. Stop ripping him off and put in a good word for the hooker.

1) Show up to the bar and make a lot of noise.

2) If you see the mafia members there, go up to them and start talking shit to them, especially about their mother, their sister, or if you really want to get this issue resolved, both.

3) Mafia thrives on intimidation and as a result, they only respond to conflicts by talking shit. Make allusions to the fact that you have a gun and are not afraid to use it. Also claim you have powerful friends in high places. You don't want to seem like some punk.

4) The Mafia will apologize and back down. The Mafia works like dogs so just go up to a side of the bar, drop your pants, and start pissing all over the place. It is a sign of disrespect but it is also a sign of territory. They're your bitches, not the other way around.

This advice has gotten me out of many a corner in my young life. I hope you have the same results as I did.

Edit: Sing this in ya head a million times and believe!!!

Mariah Carey: Music Box Album

Hero:

There's a hero if you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid of what you are.
There's an answer if you reach into your soul
and the sorrow that you know will melt away

And then a hero comes along
with the strength to carry on
and you cast your fears aside
and you know you can survive.

So, when you feel like hope is gone
look inside you and be strong
and you'll finally see the truth
that a hero lies in you.

It's a long road when you face the world alone;
No one reaches out a hand for you to hold.
You can find love if you search within your self
and the emptiness you felt will disappear.

that a hero lies in you.

oh....Lord knows dreams are hard to follow,
But don't let anyone tear them away.
Just Hold on, there will be tomorrow,
In time you'll find the way

that a hero lies in you
that a hero lies in ... you
mmmm that a hero lies in.....you.

Wat...No one advised him to go back with OVER $9000 NT?

I'd definitely go back. Apologize for not paying, and give them a little interest as well. Have the hooker meet you there so she knows that you tried to set things straight.

After they rough you up a bit and you take it like a man, order another drink and hang out and laugh with them about the whole situation. Maybe even ask them for some tips on how you (as a foreigner) can avoid being scammed again. You may end up making some friends and partying with some hookers.

JimiNutz

Banned
PrivateWHudson said:
Wat...No one advised him to go back with OVER $9000 NT?

I'd definitely go back. Apologize for not paying, and give them a little interest as well. Have the hooker meet you there so she knows that you tried to set things straight.

After they rough you up a bit and you take it like a man, order another drink and hang out and laugh with them about the whole situation. Maybe even ask them for some tips on how you (as a foreigner) can avoid being scammed again. You may end up making some friends and partying with some hookers.

It's hard to enjoy a friendly drink and party with hookers when you're missing a couple teeth, your nose is broken and leaking blood all over your face, and you have a couple of cracked ribs (all of these injuries are easy to sustain and very likely if you take a kicking from somebody that actually knows how to ruff somebody up.)
This isn't a movie :lol

agrajag

Banned
OP, you need to throw your old phone in the trash somewhere on the opposite side of town. That way, the tracking device they placed on their phone will tell them that you're sitting on the other side of town in some dump. And the mobster goon that was in charge of tracking you down will slam his fist on the hood of his car in anger and be like "DAMNIT! He did it again!"

eso76

"hey, guys, so, i won't have internet for a while, it was nice talking to you" would have been good enough, but this is the best story i've heard in years.
you don't mind me borrowing it when i want to breakup with my gf, do you ?

Xeke said:
the Filipino mafia haha. You'll be fine. In true neogaf fashion giving local thugs too much credit.
finally some sense in this thread. A filipino mafioso is nothing more than an ex-child prostitute who no longer has the goods.

Xeke

Banned
You should go leave a steaming bag of dog shit on those punks door. :lol

I think the giant black guys at the ghetto bar down my street could kill these dudes with their bare hands.

it's hard to tell who's being serious and who is just trying to get the guy scared for his life.

it's a $200 debt. $200 is nothing, unless these 'organized criminals' were dirt poor. you think theyre going to bribe the phone companies for personal information, send out a couple of thugs to rob him, and put themselves through unnecessary legal risks for a $200 tab that probably only should have been $100 in the first place?

they might as well just go around robbing people at gunpoint. and if that's common place in your area, then you should move regardless of the debt.

Archer

AkuMifune said:
Look, just tell me they can't track me from my cell and I'll feel better.

For USD$200 I can find out where any active cell phone is located in the world, down to a 3 block radius or thereabouts. There are several programs that allow you to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom