• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seattle-GAF!

finalflame

Gold Member
Had Tacos Chukis for the second time today. I still can't believe people rave about these. What is it about the bland, cold tortillas, flavorless, semi-warm meat (of which you have THREE?!?!?! options), and mediocre salsa that makes everyone flock to them? I thought maybe I just had a bad experience the first time but nope.

My search for actual mexican street tacos in Seattle continues.

With that said, the tamales and enmoladas from Mezcaleria Oaxaca were pretty good.

tearsofash

You like beer? You're super close to Cloudburst Brewing. They make some of the best IPAs in the state.

I love beer. I'll check it out.

The Cyclops is a fantastic dive bar on 1st and... Wall(?) that (when I worked in the area) always has Georgetown's Porter on tap, and that is the best beer ever.

I've walked past cyclops once or twice I think trying to find Have a heart. It looks like my style

Brakke

Banned
At 3rd and Bell you can look out your window and watch me and my dog frolick in the park some mornings.

Lots of bars and restaurants; all a little pricey, but none straight up bad. I really like the rolls at Umi, List is good for dates. I usually drink at Whiskey Bar since it tends to be a little quieter and the whiskey selection is thorough.

There's a cream cheese hotdog man that sets up in a parking lot on second or first near Bell. I honestly can't remember which one but the route is in my drunk muscle memory...

There's a very dumb place that just opened on 2nd I think called "Navy Strength" that's trying to pitch itself as a tiki bar but their decorations are like... one treasure chest and one straw mat. It was *barren* when I stopped in to check it out a couple weeks ago.

Oh yeah and Bathtub Gin is alright. Cool little speakeasy. But they're in a shitty, stuffy basement with no AC and bad circulation, so it's a goddamn nightmare in the summer.

riotous

Banned
Was on the ship canal bridge at about 10:30 (stopped of course) and my car was shaking. It's a diesel so thought maybe it was just chugging it a little bit but it was pretty severe and then went away.

Turns out it was an earthquake?

Dany

Banned
I live on a steep embankment on beacon hill. I feel that a large enough quake would cause a landslide where we fall to our doom unto I-5.

Most of downtown/waterfront Seattle is built on a steep grade. I wonder if downtown/waterfront would just slide into Puget Sound if there was a big enough quake.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
My grandpa died today. So yeah, today sucks. Been down in Puyallup with family since 5am.

Sorry breh. My grandparents passed away when I was pretty young, and I loved my Grandmother so much. I never felt like I got proper closure with her. I was 12 when she passed, after a long illness. Everyone smoked at that time, so she had lots of smoking related ailments on top of old age. But she was exquisitely well-mannered and sharp as a tack. She's the main reason I am "successful" and she was an inspiration and treasure trove of history and thought.

Let me know if you need a hug or a disgusting IPA.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Praise be to Patches and the Gumwall, summer has come. The view from Stinkles' bedroom - unmolested by cloud or rain.

KBHUgas.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I had my grandpa for thirty five years and my daughter had him for five. He was amazing.

He wrote me a letter every day for two years while he and my grandma traveled the world when I was a little kid in the early 80s. I've been reading some of them to my daughter the last couple nights. I've always thought about turning them into a book.

dLMN8R

I biked from Wallingford to 192 Brewing on the Burke Gilman. Absolutely stunning day outside!

192 was packed, but not too bad.

Also: Am I imagining things or did they repave a notoriously terrible part of the trail on the Burke Gilman? It was really nice, somewhere right near the stadium.

I biked from Wallingford to 192 Brewing on the Bert Gilman. Absolutely stunning day outside!

192 was packed, but not too bad.

Also: Am I imagining things or did they repave a notoriously terrible part of the trail on the Bert Gilman? It was really nice, somewhere right near the stadium.

Burke Gillman.

But yeah, they did some work on it recently.

D23

Yeah, it's usually crowded as hell on the first couple nice weekends.

Was thinking of going but I'll be going soon anyways.

Yea it was crazy packed. Took us almost an hour to find parking. They ticketed cars that park along the street.

[tantmantra;237734352]You mean running your own lines through the walls of your house? I always do it myself. [shrug][/QUOTE]
Link some instructions? I thought about it, but thought there were expensive wire crimping and capping tools needed.

[tantmantra;237734352]You mean running your own lines through the walls of your house? I always do it myself. [shrug]
Link some instructions? I thought about it, but thought there were expensive wire crimping and capping tools needed.[/QUOTE]

I learned how to do it from my dad when I did my basement build out seven years ago. Ran cable, internet and electrical. My instructions are just in my head. Sorry. You do need wire cutters and caps, though. I don't remember how much it cost.

This might help, first hit on Google:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.inst...ouse-With-Cat-5-or-6-For-Ether/?amp_page=true

jb1234

You guys, I've never had a burger at Dick's.

(Granted, I haven't had a hamburger in years...)

I think it might be time.

Top Bottom