• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
NBA GAF PLAYOFF BRACKET CHALLENGE

https://www.nbabracketology.com/group/view/7865

******** JOIN THIS ********

JFrXUTQ.png

t7S5T8N.gif

AGyaBRT.png

mmwPBu0.png

KMkGYfO.png

PJpevhf.png

63U5MrK.png

GLmGsQo.jpg

htJQozQ.png

N5HRg67.png

PJpevhf.png

Xx6O2jo.png

aT873wI.jpg

h3wbVoa.png

LrgS3np.jpg

PJpevhf.png

5oRpsQx.png

UEP0PJ6.gif

rokW0Ux.png

j0diwBs.png

PJpevhf.png

fKY8dgW.png

spCZ5PB.jpg

07yrPsE.gif

bYMccCy.png

KxSh2y0.jpg

oFNGDBy.png

bAEcpfE.png

7r71XrM.jpg
b1uWlvZ.jpg

aYvIPnP.png

oileGs8.png

oFNGDBy.png

vx0A4HJ.png

eX7wQbh.png

dyAB8B4.png

L7tAbTq.jpg

oFNGDBy.png

tAxhdtD.png

TyczFgc.jpg

4RIFzt5.png

MRGHrd7.gif

oFNGDBy.png

ddgZsV3.png

T36x7ZJ.jpg

That is one ugly ass font

As a Heat fan I can say that I hope the Celtics sweep the ever living shit out of those fraud ass sorry ass Bulls

Yea I'm mad

It's now or never for the flippers. I think this will be the final year of the paul + jordan + griffin combo.

That is if Melo doesn't go to them or something.

MVP voting tracking by SBNation

Rockets about to win their 3rd ring, with 100 free throw attempts and three point attempts per game. I'm looking forward to Harden receiving the FMVP and everyone talking about how basketball has become a worse sport, as exemplified by the beard

Also, I'm sure Spurs fans can agree with me on this, but any Rockets-Spurs series is going to be bad for viewers' general blood pressure levels

wait, Miami didn't make the playoffs?? after the incredible run they've had these past few months? that sucks.

They shit the bed against the Knicks without Melo, Rose or Noah last week and that was that. Waiters injury was the bigger deciding factor, though. He was essential.

overcast

After last year anything was up. Rockets had a great season and I want at least to take one series. Harden has to show up.

B.O.O.M

Let's go Blazers!

I don't think we will win the series or anything but ..who cares. Get the new guys some experience and we have 3 first round picks to boot. Life is good. Hopefully they will give GSW hell each step of the way at least (praying Nurk can make it at least by the 3rd game)

WoodWERD

Yessssss my favorite part of the year.

Spurs will take this.

I'm not feeling so confident, but I don't get to see much regular season action. Hopefully they work out the recent kinks against Memphis. Then Houston and GS? Will be fun to watch.

Cipherr

More than anything this season I would like to see new blood in the finals.

Im actively cheering for either GSW or CLE to lose and not make the finals. Preferably both. And the absolute DREAM scenario would be for CLE, GSW, BOS and SAS to all get knocked out. Leaving someone else to win a title for the first time in a whiiiiile.
KuGsj.gif

Bulls in 6 and they win it all. Finals MVP is Paul Zipser (aka new Dirk). Hoiberg redeemed. Lebron goes to the Bulls next season to play with his pal D. Wade.

Mark Jackson goes back to the Warriors to cure Durant knees.

(bulls-6; cavs-5, raptors-6, wizards-5, warriors-4, spurs-5, rockets-6, clippers-6)

More than anything this season I would like to see new blood in the finals.

Im actively cheering for either GSW or CLE to lose and not make the finals. Preferably both. And the absolute DREAM scenario would be for CLE, GSW, BOS and SAS to all get knocked out. Leaving someone else to win a title for the first time in a whiiiiile.
KuGsj.gif

maybe if your "dream" teams played good basketball, they wouldn't have to rely on your improbable wishes

Nete

This season has already been a success, but for the sake of Hayward/Hill coming back in FA I really hope we'll kick Clippers ass.

At least it should be a fun series to watch.

Marz

This season has already been a success, but for the sake of Hayward/Hill coming back in FA I really hope we'll kick Clippers ass.

At least it should be a fun series to watch.

I don't think hayward is going anywhere. Hill has had such questionable issues with his health that I don't think the Jazz will bother keeping him anyways.

Derwind

Milwaukee isn't going to be an easy one but I feel confident as a Raps fan since we defeated the 1st round curse last playoffs.

1st round predictions said:
EAST
~~~~
Bulls in 7.

Cavs in 5.

Raps in 6.

Wizards in 5.

WEST
~~~~
Warriors in 4.

Clips in 6.

Spurs in 6.

Rockets in 7.

jdstorm

Banned
West 1st

Warriors in 5 (blazers have enough shooting that they will get hot for a game but it wont be close)
Spurs in 7 - Memphis is a really bad matchup for the spurs and could win this series. Its going to be a very physical series but Leonard is too good to let San Antonio blow this
Thunder in 6 - Russell Westbrook averaged 37mpg in the regular season vs the rockets and the season series had an average MOV of 4 points. OKC is awful without Westbrook. In the playoffs he will play 42-44 MPG. Id say those extra 5-7 minutes of Westbrook are worth over 4ppg to OKC.
Jazz in 6 - Utah is much better then their record, and right now they are mostly healthy. Clips will get 1 or 2 games but Utah are too good.

2nd

Warriors in 6 works with either the Jazz or the Clips. Both teams have enough talent to take a few games off GSW. They wont win the series though
Thunder in 6- Did you see the Ratings for the OKC vs GSW regular season games? If OKC makes the WCF expect a lot of friendly refereeing. Also on a less synical note OKC likes to play big and so do San Antonio.

WCF

Warriors in 5 (Unless the NBA really wants 7 games of ratings)

East

Boston in 7 - bulls have a tough team and Boston dont have any X factor players that push them beyond mediocre in the playoffs.
Cavs in 5 - Cleveland has been coasting. They will turn it on Vs Indy. Plus Lance might still prove to be a distraction.
Raptors in 5 (Will probably regret this when Milwaukee win the title this season)
Washington in 6

East 2nd

Cavs in 5. Cavs are still really good and Serge Ibaka always struggles with Kevin Love.
Washington in 6 - Wizards have actual stars and playing them playoff level minutes is going to remind Boston of how much that matters.

ECF
Cavs in 7- will be a hard fought series, but Clevelands experience and will win out.

NBA

Cavs in 6 - Cleveland had GSW number last season once Bogut left the series. Unless you believe in Javale Mcgee being enough, the Cavs are probably going to win.

Chichikov

Of the semi-realistic contenders, I think I'll be rooting for the Spurs. Woke-pop is probably my favorite person in the league right now. I also like the way the play. Yeah, I know, the math says that ton of 3s with some added layups and free throws is probably the best way to go, but I enjoy watching a team like the Spurs way more than the Rockets. I do however think it will catch up with them in the playoffs. When a team like the Golden State or Houston get hot, the Spurs have to play pretty perfect basketball to even hang close to them, and there are a bunch of team in the west who can get hot for 2-3 games in the series easily, if not more.
And so sadly, I don't see them coming out of the west, I think i'd pick the Rockets over them in a series (though I wouldn't be shocked if San Antonio win). And I really don't think they have a huge chance of beating the Warriors. I hope I'm wrong, and hey, way more unlikely things happened in the NBA before.

I think the Cavs are going to come out of the east and will do it relatively easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom