• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats our predictions for Nov. Sales?

Kimawolf

U.S. Only.

1 Switch- 1 to 1.1 million. Nintendo is on fire right now and is the talk of the town.

2. XB1X- 400K. They sold whatever they produced.

3. 3ds or PS4. If 3ds does 350k they will win. Unless PS4 does crazy numbers due to the sales going on i think it has a ceiling of 350k.

Edit: forgot the S. 150k to 250k.

gamz

Whatever how many Switch and X can produce.

Switch 1M
Xbox 600M
PS4 400m

OP dont forget about the S selling too.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Some of those PS4 deals are crazy good so I think it'll take Xbox. But switch will be 1.

goldenpp72

These predictions are horrible, really need a quality boost.

I'll say..

PS4 1.4M (deep discounts and primary console perception)
Switch 1.2M (new HW and hype, but stock issues)
Xbox One 1.1M (with X and deep discounts being a variable)

Is what i'll go with.

freefornow

Gold Member
Switch 640k
PS4 880k
XB1 810k

Majority of switch hardware that Ninty produces is going to their strongest region where demand is astronomical. eg: not USA
Stocking filler prices on PS4 and XB1 S gonna be hard to beat.

Switch 640k
PS4 880k
XB1 810k

Majority of switch hardware that Ninty produces is going to their strongest region where demand is astronomical. eg: not USA
Stocking filler prices on PS4 and XB1 S gonna be hard to beat.

You do realize that Switch has been CONSISTENTLY the #1 console in the US since it launched and would have swept the year from March on had it not experienced supply constraints right?

Just because it’s crushing Sony in Japan doesn’t mean demand is not incredibly high here as well.

Mario launched with only 5 days in October. Odyssey bundles and parents out to get the hottest new console for their kids will probably push Nintendo in the 1 million sales area. I think Sony doesn’t crack a million but comes close and I think even with the X Microsoft’s trails them both by a fair amount.

Nintendo - 1.1M
Sony - 950k
MS - 650k

Jigga

U.S. Only.

1 Switch- 1 to 1.1 million. Nintendo is on fire right now and is the talk of the town.

3. 3ds or PS4. If 3ds does 350k they will win. Unless PS4 does crazy numbers due to the sales going on i think it has a ceiling of 350k.

Lol. Jesus Marion Joeseph

Toni

PS4 will be the best selling console as it'll be pretty cheap ($199) in top with an agressive Sony. Star Wars and Call of Duty commercials will be everywhere.

1.5 to 1.8 million PS4 consoles sold

Xbox One 850k - 900k

Switch 1 to 1.2 million IF they have the stock.

Switch 1M
Xbox 600M
PS4 400m

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

NicknameMy

Neo Member
I wonder how much the SNES Classic will sell this month, it was very dominant in the latest 2 and I think for the christmas hype it will also sell well.

While Nintendo will account for 1/2 of the American sales this month thanks to the triple crown of Switch, SNES and 3DS, the battle between Switch, PS4 (Pro) and XBox One S (X) will be rather close.

NahaNago

I predict that the switch will come in first , the snes in second, the ps4 to come in the third , and the xbox one to come in 4th.

TLZ

Banned
U.S. Only.

3DS 350k? It's good if they reach 3500. I don't see that number happening with the rise in Switch sales.

JaxBriggs

PS4 will be the best selling console as it'll be pretty cheap ($199) in top with an agressive Sony.

I have a feeling if Nintendo can get their supply up enough that they may take the top spot.

As for exact numbers I honestly have no idea, but some of the numbers predicted in here seem way too low to me.

freefornow

Gold Member
You do realize that Switch has been CONSISTENTLY the #1 console in the US since it launched and would have swept the year from March on had it not experienced supply constraints right?

Nintendo - 1.1M
Sony - 950k
MS - 650k

Yes. However, Switch has been readily available in September and October in the US. Plenty of units still on shelves. Switch only (lol, only) sold around 300k in October with stock not selling out.

Pepboy

U.S. Only.

Ps4 will be at least 600k and more likely 800-900. November is usually 2x or 3x October

Toni

Ps4 will be at least 600k and more likely 800-900. November is usually 2x or 3x October

Sony sold 1.3 million PS4's last year in November with a higher pricetag

I dont see them selling anywhere below 1 million in November at $199, realistically speaking.

Phalk

Neo Member
Switch first, PS4 second, XBOX third.

I dont see them selling anywhere below 1 million in November at $199, realistically speaking.

The people who bought it last year will not buy it again IMO.

DKPOWPOW

Switch - 1.2m

PS4 - 900k (150k Pro)

Xbox One - 950k (500k 1X)

3DS - 400k

Odyssey, Zelda, Star Wars, Call of Duty, GTA5, Mario Kart are in the top 10. Skyrim on Switch 500k. Doom Switch breaks 200k.

Nester99

I think switch will dip this month,

No Mario release, No black friday deals.
Folks who wanted but were waiting switch got it in October.

xviper

Switch 1M
Xbox 600M
PS4 400m

600 Meters or 600 millions ?

it makes sense if Meters, you could arrange all the boxes of the sold Xboxes and they would form a 600 meters line

Unknown?

Yeah people are crazy saying 400k. Rofl. This whole year has been up for Sony and suddenly they are going to drop over 50%?

Just because it’s crushing Sony in Japan doesn’t mean demand is not incredibly high here as well.

Mario launched with only 5 days in October. Odyssey bundles and parents out to get the hottest new console for their kids will probably push Nintendo in the 1 million sales area. I think Sony doesn’t crack a million but comes close and I think even with the X Microsoft’s trails them both by a fair amount.

Nintendo - 1.1M
Sony - 950k
MS - 650k
It hasn’t. PS4 beat it two months after it launched in the US. It had a lot to do with their discounts in June.

Toni

Yeah people are crazy saying 400k. Rofl. This whole year has been up for Sony and suddenly they are going to drop over 50%?

It hasn’t. PS4 beat it two months after it launched in the US. It had a lot to do with their discounts in June.

Its the Switch honey moon phase.

Suddenly everyone is rooting for it and think its the "new market leader".

And Im just sitting here like

vgqH2ij.gif

November NPD is gona be so fun.

Unknown?

Its the Switch honey moon phase.

Suddenly everyone is rooting for it and think its the "new market leader".

And Im just sitting here like

vgqH2ij.gif

November NPD is gona be so fun.
Haha exactly. Considering the $199 PS4 shot up to #1 on Amazon already I’m expecting November to be up yoy again.

Mustafa1

Neo Member

No.
Sony sold 1.1 million Ps4 last November
240k were Ps4 Pro

Unknown?

This "wow, whats at the current top of the charts on amazon????" is some amateur hour bullshit.

If you really want to use amazon as a trend indicator, you need to look at its "over time" rankings - for example its best selling products of 2017 or its best selling products of november rankings.

No one is calling who will win based on what’s at the top of the current chart. The point being that people expect PS4 to be under a million haven’t been paying attention. $199 is going to kill especially with many retailers also throwing in a gift card.

Black Friday/Cyber Monday are such game changers that the rest of November is almost irrelevant. Most consoles in November are sold during that period.

Top Bottom