• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii in process of being packaged?

Saoh

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Is the 14th the American event AND Japanese event? Or is the 15th the American event?

I can stay up on Thursday because I have no class on Friday. :D

yes, 14th JPN and US, 15th EU.

BUT technically, we should get news from Japan on the late night of the 13th :D :D so, if the conf. there is at 9am on the 14th, given my time zone i will get the news by 10pm on the 13th :D :D

*soooo excited* *loves time zones*

Link648099 said:
I am a bit confused. Can an expert in console packaging please give a time frame for likely packaging that might coincide with a "certain period" before launch?

Over a month. Closer to two.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This prolly has nothing to do with the Wii though, my cautious pessimism will not be phased.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
well the system is still gonna get Metroid Prime III eventually, and apparently Super Paper Mario too now... it's inevitable as they say!
lol, didn't see this coming.

I hope Nintendo does some sleek packaging making it look expensive(even though it's 150, yeah, I said it.) like DS lite.

Amir0x

Banned
The best possible news that could come from the 14th event is that Wii is 170 or less, 'cause that means I can get more money back for an extra game :D

bumpkin

GDGF said:
sdf1.jpg
I used to have the toy of that when I was a kid. :lol

Dragona Akehi said:
Over a month. Closer to two.

I was going to ask you to show proof of that expertise, but some simple multiplication paired with packaging rates isn't too hard to pull together now that I think about it, if there are only 150 employees.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
The best possible news that could come from the 14th event is that Wii is 170 or less, 'cause that means I can get more money back for an extra game :D
What would would you get? Or just use it as some VC games?

Could be onyx black DS lite, the first real Gamecube game in months (Zerrrudaa!!), and it could be Wii. I would assume they've been packaging DS lites for quite some time now, I'm not sure if they'd reallocate capacity in the event of a new colour? TrueDoogie was told Wii specifically, but he's going to try and get them to confirm it if and when he hears back on the job.

ant1532

Banned
radioheadrule83 said:
Could be onyx black DS lite, the first real Gamecube game in months (Zerrrudaa!!), and it could be Wii. I would assume they've been packaging DS lites for quite some time now, I'm not sure if they'd reallocate capacity in the event of a new colour? TrueDoogie was told Wii specifically, but he's going to try and get them to confirm it if and when he hears back on the job.
Well if it's Zelda it is Wii...

Amir0x

Banned
ant1532 said:
What would would you get? Or just use it as some VC games?

I'd probably use it for another game, like Red Steel, but if it turned out that it sucked then I'd use it for what you said... extra money to 'pad' my Wii experience... maybe get another controller, if they're selling a classic shell maybe purchase that, and then get some points to spend on WiiConnect24/Virtual Console

SantaC

Amir0x said:

no way Nintendo sells it for less than 199. If you think that you're in for disappointmenton.

Amir0x said:
I'd probably use it for another game, like Red Steel, but if it turned out that it sucked then I'd use it for what you said... extra money to 'pad' my Wii experience... maybe get another controller, if they're selling a classic shell maybe purchase that, and then get some points to spend on WiiConnect24/Virtual Console

I don't know, Nintendo has been doing a lot right lately, dont' you think? I think they might surprise us with some launch goodness, price goodness, other goodness, etc.

Amir0x

Banned
SantaC said:
no way Nintendo sells it for less than 199. If you think that you're in for disappointmenton.

Oh, i agree. I already paid 200 so there's no disappointmentton if they keep it there. If it's ABOVE that then it'd be a little irritating, and if it hits 250 THEN that'd suck hard.

Link6480068 said:
I don't know, Nintendo has been doing a lot right lately, dont' you think? I think they might surprise us with some launch goodness, price goodness, other goodness, etc.

They've done right for other people, but for me they've actually turned away from my graces. The launch lineup they currently have would start to be very weak if it didn't have Metroid Prime III... but, in any event at least I have these games pre-ordered so when they come I'll still have games to play.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Amir0x said:

ewwhv3.jpg

Get Trauma Center instead! Atlus needs your support more than Ubisoft.

Amir0x

Banned
BorkBork said:
ewwhv3.jpg

I don't like the DS game, but even if I did I wouldn't buy a remake - maybe if it was an all new game I'd give it a shot.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
Heh, if they use points to buy VC games like live they better call them Rubys or coins or somethin.

BorkBork said:
ewwhv3.jpg

You bitch! You stole the Eww pic that I in turn stole from the Internets! Now die!

at least you're not stealing my photobucket BW.

Amir0x said:
I don't like the DS game, but even if I did I wouldn't buy a remake - maybe if it was an all new game I'd give it a shot.

It's as close to an all new game a you can get. Only the plot remains the same, all operations have been changed...

It's a remake in story only I suppose you could say.

Amir0x

Banned
ant1532 said:
Heh, if they use points to buy VC games like live they better call them Rubys or coins or somethin.

Heh, i don't care what they call them :p

Dragona Akehi said:
It's as close to an all new game a you can get. Only the plot remains the same, all operations have been changed...

It's a remake in story only I suppose you could say.

That's not what the dude making the game said. He said the tools are basically the same, except control differences, and that only chapter 6 is different. There's a new doctor that adds to the story, and there's a few extra missions throughout the game you can take on. And of course, the graphics are a totally new engine. I don't support half-hearted efforts unfortunately. Same reason I didn't get Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth.

BorkBork

krypt0nian said:
You bitch! You stole the Eww pic that I in turn stole from the Internets! Now die!

at least you're not stealing my photobucket BW.

:D hey, it made me laugh!

GDGF

Soothsayer
It just hit me, but i'm actually gonna miss the speculation a bit. Those days leading up to the final 'big reveal' are always such a blast (if expectations are kept reasonable)

It's almost over.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I think we're all going to be bitterly disappointed by the 14th. Packaging, eh? Interesting. Is this the first time a console is ready to ship before final SDKs go out?

I kid. I kid.

Or do I? ;p

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Amir0x said:
That's not what the dude making the game said. He said the tools are basically the same, except control differences, and that only chapter 6 is different. There's a new doctor that adds to the story, and there's a few extra missions throughout the game you can take on. And of course, the graphics are a totally new engine. I don't support half-hearted efforts unfortunately. Same reason I didn't get Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth.

They're taking one of the best DS games to date and making it better and somehow that's half-hearted?

Mejilan said:
I think we're all going to be bitterly disappointed by the 14th. Packaging, eh? Interesting. Is this the first time a console is ready to ship before final SDKs go out?

I kid. I kid.

Or do I? ;p

Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on moving
Ain't nothing gonna break my stride
I'm running in a one touch ground, oh no
I got to keep on moving

:D

Amir0x said:

I think the gameplay would have to be tweaked for every operation to some extent though. The stylus is much more accurate than the pointer - you literally touch a reference point on the screen -- and its still incredibly hard on DS. I imagine this new one is going to be tough too, but if they were the same operations down to the timing, I'd never finish it ;_;

The Man Power website cites lifting of 25lb, that would be around the weight of a Wii. Right? Considering a packaged Gamecube is like 50lb with controller.

Mejilan said:
I think we're all going to be bitterly disappointed by the 14th. Packaging, eh? Interesting.

I don't think there's any possible way for that to happen. We've gotten a FEW confirmations saying that the cat will basically be let out of the bag during the course of the two days this week. New games revealed, price, launch date, online details, most likely boxart shit, new screens, VC prices and list, etc.

Amir0x

Banned
SS4Gogita said:
They're taking one of the best DS games to date and making it better and somehow that's half-hearted?

*slaps forehead*

I'm not going to get into one of these arguments. If it's worth the value for you, by all means buy it. I'm not going to buy a remake of a game that came out a year ago that I already played through and wasn't particularly fond of, no less. And that's my position. So, I'd rather buy a game that is an original property like Red Steel.

SantaC

so the Japanese launch date and price news probably hits before the US event. Will be interesting to see if the US (and europe) will launch just a few days after Japan. If the DS is any indication, the Wii will hit US before Japan.

BrandNew said:
I don't think there's any possible way for that to happen. We've gotten a FEW confirmations saying that the cat will basically be let out of the bag during the course of the two days this week. New games revealed, price, launch date, online details, most likely boxart shit, new screens, VC prices and list, etc.
I havent been this excited since the Megaton by joystiq!:lol

larazaunida said:
I havent been this excited since the Megaton by joystiq!:lol

Yeah, but we pretty much know that they have to at least give launch date and price, and probably other details. This is no Joystiq.

Zeed

Banned
Amir0x said:
That's not what the dude making the game said. He said the tools are basically the same, except control differences, and that only chapter 6 is different. There's a new doctor that adds to the story, and there's a few extra missions throughout the game you can take on. And of course, the graphics are a totally new engine.
That's completely wrong. There are new tools, the defribulator for instance, and it's more than just a "few extra missions". The two playable characters, including the new one, both supposedly have their own separate storylines to follow, with their paths converging at the end, which would explain why Chapter 6 is completely different. If it makes you feel better, think of it as a completely new game with the older missions remade as a bonus. Just don't play as Dr. Styles if you hate his remade levels so much.

Amir0x

Banned
Zyid said:
That's completely wrong. There are new tools, the defribulator for instance, and it's more than just a "few extra missions". The two playable characters, including the new one, both supposedly have their own storylines to follow, with their paths converging at the end, which would explain why Chapter 6 is completely different. If it makes you feel better, think of it as a completely new game with the older missions remade as a bonus.

I know all those things - I even mentioned the doctor and storyline things AND I said 'basically the same tools' because I knew about the defribulator. However you classify the amount of new content ('few', 'a bunch', 'lots', etc), the fact is it's a remake ("Wiimake" according to him LOLZ) and that's not something I'm going to support for launch.

Yeah. I'm not trying to convince you guys not to buy it. So how come everytime I state an opinion, and it's not even a combative one, it ends up with ten people trying to convince me why I should think differently? It's a remake of a game that came out a year ago and I didn't even particularly like it then. That should be it, I would think! I wasn't even complaining about the game or anything :lol

artist

Banned
consoul said:
Shipping Agent - Trainee

Number of positions: 1

Production Agent - Trainee

Number of positions: 5

Those six people are going to be busy.
VERY Limited launch quantities CONFIRMED! j/k

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
BrandNew said:

Fair enough. I've been away for the past few days, so I've missed any recent updates.

BorkBork

Amir0x said:
I know all those things - I even mentioned the doctor and storyline things AND I said 'basically the same tools' because I knew about the defribulator. However you classify the amount of new content ('few', 'a bunch', 'lots', etc), the fact is it's a remake ("Wiimake" according to him LOLZ) and that's not something I'm going to support for launch.

Yeah. I'm not trying to convince you guys not to buy it. So how come everytime I state an opinion, and it's not even a combative one, it ends up with ten people trying to convince me why I should think differently? It's a remake of a game that came out a year ago and I didn't even particularly like it then. That should be it, I would think! I wasn't even complaining about the game or anything :lol

You'd be better off just saying you weren't interested in it instead of going into why. :lol

Top Bottom