• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What time do you start and leave work?

Kill3r7

8:30-7PM most days, not including the commute which is another ~3hours (door to door). This is excellent compared to the 7:30-9PM (not including commute) and working weekends I was doing a few years ago. Ideally I would love to work 7-4 or 5PM but don't see that happening unless I go inhouse or hang up my own shingle.

CLaddyOnFire

Neo Member
Right now I'm trying to get as much overtime as the CEO will let slide, so I come in sometime between 6:00-6:30am and leave sometime between 3:30-4:00pm. Once my finances are doing a little better I'll keep coming in around 6 but cut it back to 2:30-3:00 as my end time.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
I start working at 09:00 am , I stop around 05:00 pm and continue if necessary at 06:00 pm till I finish whatever I need done.

Rhoc

I work in a weekly changing shift system that means

Week 1 6am-2pm
Week 2 2pm-10pm
Week 3 10pm-6am

Then it repeats itself. I usually leave from home 40 minutes before the shift starts. Sometimes we have to come in Saturdays and Sundays but not too often.

McLovin

Mine is weird I work as a bus driver and ups loader, so it’s kind of crazy. I wake up at 5:30am on Monday, get to work(bus) at 6:30am and finish my first half at 9am. Go to sleep from 9:30am to 1:30pm, then I go back for the second half from 2:00pm to 4:30pm. Go home and sleep from 5:30pm to 9:30pm, then go to work at ups from 11:00pm to 4-5~am. Go home shower and eat the go to the bus again at 6:30. My week ends on Saturday morning at 4am. Because of my sleep schedule the whole week feels like one really long day.
Edit-I should be sleeping right now😭
Also the ups job is freaking tough, I’m sore all the time every day. And we only get a bullshit 10 min break. But I need the medical so I put up with it. Fun fact I had to ditch my diet when I started working there, it was just too much. But I ended up eating as much as I wanted and not gaining any weight. And I mean a lot! Like a 1.5qt container of ice cream every other day as a snack. That job is 5 hrs of intense cardio. I recently started watching what I ate again and I lost 6lbs the first day, 3 the next, I’m still losing but it slowed down.

Darksheik

Surprised by some answers, I guess much depends on the country as well.
Normally I do 08.00-13.00 and then 13.30/14.00-17.30/18.00

Meaning some 9 hours per day on average.
But it can go way longer.

8.24 hours per day by contract.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
0700 to 1600 on a normal inport day. Once every 8 days have a 24h shift. Then deployments are a different beast

Nepenthe

I have a variable schedule (retail), but since I'm basically being pushed as a closer: I go in at 2 PM and leave at 10:30-ish, sometimes 11, depending upon what needs to be done at the end of the shift.

Mon-Fr, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm I usually get to work around 7:15.

I honestly work in your stereotypical sea of cubicles office. Nothing at all special about it. I do have a window seat of the highway/turnpike and forest so my spot is primo.

Necron

I enter the lab at approximately 9 am and leave at 6 or 7 pm. I usually leave early on Fridays, as do most of the staff. I can start and leave when I want to more or less, though. I work as a research fellow at a Swiss University.

Start at 8am, finish at 4:30pm and I get every other Monday off. Plus the option to work from home when I feel like it.

Can't really complain.

matt360

7:30am - 7:30pm, Monday through Saturday. I'm a teacher at a girl's private JHS/SHS in Japan. Mostly great co-workers and students. I enjoy my job.

Ogodei

I've gone through a couple jobs this year:

January through August i basically ran 8:20 to 4:20. They were open-ended about what your hours could be so i picked an 8-hour stretch that matched my bus schedule to get there and get home.

Currently: a temp job that runs 8 - 4:30 on Mon-Thurs, but then does 8:30 - 2:30 on Fridays. I'm not really a fan of that setup because the bonus time on Friday doesn't make up for the early wakeups chewing into my evening by having to go to bed sooner.

Next week: start a temp-to-hire that goes straight 9-5.

Though i might be starting something even better next week if i get the right phone call in the next 4 hours or so...

ApharmdX

Banned
Most days I work 10 - 6 or 10 - 6:30 if I take a lunch. But I'd usually rather just eat something small while I work so that I get out earlier. My schedule is totally flexible and I can work from home when needed, leave early or stay late when needed. Sometimes I come in as early as 8 am for meetings. Other days I work 12 - 8. For a few months I even worked 2nd shift (6 pm - 2 am). Benefits of being a 24-7-365 operation. The downside is that people sometimes call and expect things off hours. I'm on-call but, unlike the cops, I don't get on-call pay unless I actually work.

Roughly 9am to 5:30pm. Salaried so as long as I get my weekly 40 hours in officially and do my job, it's all good.

Most days I bring lunch and that's my only official break (an hour), except Fridays when I usually go out and get something.

I start any where from 245pm to 645pm and work 8 hours. I'm usually off by 145am and sometimes later. It just depends how busy we are and if we have any promotions going.

Deception

My average work day, I usually get in around 9:05-9:15am and leave work around 5:00-5:15pm. Some days I get to leave early like around 4:30pm but that is only if my boss says I can leave early. Rarely, if the work week is busy or I have a lot of projects due I will stay to around 6pm every day for the week but that's mainly because I am a bit of an overachiever and always volunteer myself to do more. On average I actually work 6 out of those 8 hours with the other two hours being lunch, web browsing or on social media. Pretty chill overall.

Randam

Mine is weird I work as a bus driver and ups loader, so it’s kind of crazy. I wake up at 5:30am on Monday, get to work(bus) at 6:30am and finish my first half at 9am. Go to sleep from 9:30am to 1:30pm, then I go back for the second half from 2:00pm to 4:30pm. Go home and sleep from 5:30pm to 9:30pm, then go to work at ups from 11:00pm to 4-5~am. Go home shower and eat the go to the bus again at 6:30. My week ends on Saturday morning at 4am. Because of my sleep schedule the whole week feels like one really long day.
Edit-I should be sleeping right now😭
Also the ups job is freaking tough, I’m sore all the time every day. And we only get a bullshit 10 min break. But I need the medical so I put up with it. Fun fact I had to ditch my diet when I started working there, it was just too much. But I ended up eating as much as I wanted and not gaining any weight. And I mean a lot! Like a 1.5qt container of ice cream every other day as a snack. That job is 5 hrs of intense cardio. I recently started watching what I ate again and I lost 6lbs the first day, 3 the next, I’m still losing but it slowed down.
Dude..
That is insane.

ilikeme

Kindergarten/Preschool - Sweden

0730-1600 monday-thursday, rolling/changing schedule for fridays (6 weeks): 730-1530, 09-1730, 06-13, 730-1530, 700-1300, 900-1630

30min paid break

39h week to account for 4h of meetings/month

Wake up ~0600

Home by 1630

Bike to/from work

Shubh_C63

9:30 am to 8:30pm
Has been doing so for an year, now it doesn't even feel taxing anymore. That is when you let go all hobbies and stuff.
Thank God for alternate extra Saturday offs though..

Redd

Start at 7:30 am and leave at 5:30 pm mon-fri. Works for me since it gives me plenty of time to work out and bike with the dog before bed time.

Dreavus

Recently improved my commute from 90 minutes to 15 minutes, so I don't mind staying late a few times to get things done.

A long bus commute is fine for the most part (you can do what you want like read or play a game), but having it be all around much shorter has been really great.

Jisgsaw

My normal day should be something like 8am-6pm with half hour lunch.

Due to non stop crunch in the last year, it ranged anywhere from 6am-8am to 4pm-9pm. Usually it's 8am-7pm.
At least I didn't have to work on weekends...

It was 10 AM - 6 PM back at my old internship. I haven't been able to drive yet, so I would have to come in an hour or so early, so that my dad can go to work at 9 AM.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
3:30 PM - Midnight. Like a NORMAL human being.

One of the best shifts ever. I get into work right before rush hour starts, and leave when there's practically any other car to be seen on the road. Plus, I am absolutely not, and never was a morning person, so this works out great.

Can I get a high five up in this bitch?

bluehat9

8am to usually a little after 5pm. Supposed to be done at 4:30pm, but doesn't usually work that way (get overtime pay, so it's fine most of the time). And commute is only 20 minutes each way so that's good too.

FTF

Roughly 9am to 5:30pm. Salaried so as long as I get my weekly 40 hours in officially and do my job, it's all good.

Most days I bring lunch and that's my only official break (an hour), except Fridays when I usually go out and get something.

Yup, this is me too.

ElNino

It depends on whether I'm in the office or working remote.

On days I'm in the office, I get in around 8:30 AM and I leave between 4-5 PM depending on whether I need to pick up the kids.

When I'm working from home, I typically sign in around 7:30 AM (unless I've been up in the night while on call) and stay online until around 4 PM when I start getting supper ready.

McLovin

Dude..
That is insane.
Yeah but you would be surprised what you can get use to. That soreness has gradually been decreasing. Surprisingly went down significantly since I started my diet again. I think I might have a slight wheat allergy since that was the first thing I cut.
I’m trying to get a third job on the weekends too.

RGVNOE

Working at a refinery, currently on night shift, start at 7 so I leave my hotel room at about 6, get out at 5:30, or 7 am if we need to stay more. But I only do it for a turnaround, then I get to go back home and relax.

Top Bottom