• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Veelk

Banned
It's amazing it took this long to get to the second page. What have we become?

Soooo did anyone else go through Velk's recommendation? Unfortunately, I do not have enough stake in Azula to complete the first one. Let alone the next two.

Eh... I still recommend it because it's really good. In my experience, it doesn't matter if you care about the character before the story, but how you feel afterwards. But it's up to you.
My thing is, I'm just a run of the mill tumblr girl except the girl part. I only read fics with romance/pairings, and I tend to lean to mainly crack ships unless the fic is really fuckin good. I've been that way ever since I started reading fan fiction eons ago so this ain't new.

There's only like two fics I ever read that didn't focus on romance, but that was back in the day when I was fangirling for Final Fantasy X.

I might have something else for you then, but do you mean romance as in that's the whole point of the fic or just one of the many parts of it?

It's amazing it took this long to get to the second page. What have we become?

Eh... I still recommend it because it's really good. In my experience, it doesn't matter if you care about the character before the story, but how you feel afterwards. But it's up to you.

I might have something else for you then, but do you mean romance as in that's the whole point of the fic or just one of the many parts of it?

I know... Its depressing:(. But staying the course and having to only talk about Avatar took the wind out our sails xD

Maybe if new comics or something come out then we'll have more to talk about.

As for my fic preferences, yea... romance has to be a focal point for me to be interested. Unless it's a character I really care about (Kuvira, Lin) but even then there can't be a pairing I don't ship (simp jr)

tumblr_npgcrgD8Jg1rne259o1_500.gif

tumblr_npgcrgD8Jg1rne259o3_500.gif

tumblr_npgcrgD8Jg1rne259o5_500.gif

tumblr_npgcrgD8Jg1rne259o4_r1_500.gif

tumblr_npgcrgD8Jg1rne259o2_500.gif

shingeki-no-korra.tumblr.com/
http://kuvirasenpai.tumblr.com/image/120551931699

Just got the A:TLA art book and 'The Promise' library edition comic through the mail! Can't wait to start reading them.

Regardless of how anyone feels about those comics (some of them are rather weak, to be honest) the art is great and the Library Editions are fantastic. I have all three myself. Very fun reads at the very least, especially with the commentary

Hamlet

tumblr_npywezqtxp1rptk5lo1_1280.jpg

Spending this Sunday evening drawing Korra for an international DVD release while listening to the brilliant Lost In The Trees album A Church That Fits Our Needs, a reliable favorite that got me through many late nights during the LOK production.
Bryan

Veelk

Banned
The truth is we just need more content. We get that, we have stuff to talk about. We kept the thread going with off topic discussions, but that's not an option anymore. We tried fanfiction, but no one wants to do it. What else is there to talk about?

I might do a rewatches of LoK in a year and Veelk it out but otherwise, I've got nothing that hasn't already been discussed to death already.

Jacob

The truth is we just need more content. We get that, we have stuff to talk about. We kept the thread going with off topic discussions, but that's not an option anymore. We tried fanfiction, but no one wants to do it. What else is there to talk about?

I might do a rewatches of LoK in a year and Veelk it out but otherwise, I've got nothing that hasn't already been discussed to death already.

I'm sticking with the ATLA rewatch through to the end (it's linked to from the OP of this thread), but once that's done I'm probably gonna be Avatar-ed out for a while TBH.

Veelk

Banned
I'm sticking with the ATLA rewatch through to the end (it's linked to from the OP of this thread), but once that's done I'm probably gonna be Avatar-ed out for a while TBH.

I had meant to get in on that, but now it's too far in for me to binge watch and then abruptly stop at whatever point you guys are. Sorry, meant to join in the fun :(

i dont know if i have it in me to rewatch korra.

maybe in a few years :|

Well, I did say in like a years time.

Sucky thing is that if LoK had been the show TLA was, we probably still would have stuff to talk about. I'm of the opinion you can always come back with something new from great stories, however many times you heard them before. Maybe with LoK as well, but it's likely just going to be a new way to criticize it :/

Toa TAK

Banned
Sucky thing is that if LoK had been the show TLA was, we probably still would have stuff to talk about. I'm of the opinion you can always come back with something new from great stories, however many times you heard them before. Maybe with LoK as well, but it's likely just going to be a new way to criticize it :/

That's actually pretty upsetting. :(

Show didn't deserve this. And now all, like, six of us can't even be bothered to think of something new to talk about.

The last thread should've been left allliiiive.

-Deimos

I had meant to get in on that, but now it's too far in for me to binge watch and then abruptly stop at whatever point you guys are. Sorry, meant to join in the fun :(

Same here. Always meant to join in on the re-watch but the timing was bad and now it's really far along. At least I can still follow the discussion from time to time.

And where the hell are those Korra comics.

Same here. Always meant to join in on the re-watch but the timing was bad and now it's really far along. At least I can still follow the discussion from time to time.

And where the hell are those Korra comics.

I kinda wish this series would just continue in manga format... Updated weekly...

Veelk

Banned
Fanfic Suggestion 2

Kyoshi - The Undiscovered Avatar

Go back to the 3rd page or so and click on the parts that say Kyoshi - The Undiscovered Avatar from last to first. Don't click the collection on the side, that only goes to a certain extent, and the most recent stuff hasn't been added yet.

I found this a while back. It hasn't progressed as much as I expected, and I can't vouch for it's whole quality as I haven't read it all yet. Actually, I just took 5 minutes and read all the stuff I missed. It's really short, but...well, thoughts on it's quality next paragraph. Also, as a fanwork, the art isn't really 'bad' per se, but it is extremely inconsistent (Sometimes you get this, sometimes you get this, sometimes this). I have no idea how this person decides which pages get the extra effort. I like the character models, which might be extremely simple, but I think they're visually appealing, and we already have a whole "each avatar gets their own art style" motif in the series, so it's not all that out of place.

It's short and low budget and I doubt we'll get a meaningful saga out of it like many web comics do, but I found it charming, it made me laugh, and had much of the same general spirit as TLA did. Kyoshi seems to be a distinct Avatar from both Korra and Aang (I mean, she has the same "don't tell anyone I'm the avatar" dilemma but in a slightly different context. Less "this goes against my morals" and more "I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING"). The whole thing read like a storyboard for the pilot episode of a prequel for TLA from Kyoshi's point of view. It makes me want to see her story. Take a look if you want. This isn't one I can promise you'll like, but it's one I would recommend you give a shot.

Also, a beaverine. A Beaverine.

Edit: Oh, sheesh. I just found out that this artist specifically can't produce too much because of a disability she has. It's stuff like this that makes me glad I'm not one of those bitchy fans that complain about how I don't get new stuff on time. I was slightly disappointed this wasn't farther along, but knowing the reason, I'm not complaining.

I've been playing Skyrim recently and realised there are carts full of cabbages all over the game, and they're really easy to knock over. Either I'm reaching, or there was an A:TLA fan on the dev team.

Veelk

Banned
I'm kinda wierded out by how bad some of you want this soundtrack. I mean, LoK music is really good and I want it too, but it wouldn't be the most desired thing I want from it. I'd take LoK comics over it (which are almost certainly going to be terrible, but what are you gonna do)

Trey

I'm a fan of Veelk's whole "Korra is terrible, so terrible, let me get more of it to further confirm how terrible it is" thing.

As for the soundtrack, give me that shit. I haven't listened to the most recent music because it's still too painful. Don't know why Korra is the only television show I've missed since it's gone off the air.

It's the best thing about the show and didn't disappoint anyone.

Once I nab it I can finally exit this show.

You would walk out on your bae Kuvira?

But yeah, I think we pretty much already know but it'll be interesting to see what Korras legacy (as a show) is in a year or two.

You would walk out on your bae Kuvira?

But yeah, I think we pretty much already know but it'll be interesting to see what Korras legacy (as a show) is in a year or two.
Everybody knows that Korra's legacy will be Korrasami, a half assed relationship that was thrown in there in the last two seasons, but not built up that well to make the show progressive. I'm just going to sit here rowing my Korvira boat.
tumblr_nqgbw0drqu1uytyggo1_1280.png

http://korraku.tumblr.com/
tumblr_no7n1zTCJl1smf3t2o1_1280.jpg

http://terra-7.tumblr.com/
tumblr_nnyrljcYoc1rcx61zo1_1280.jpg

http://nikoniko808.tumblr.com/
tumblr_nqcoo4q1g01uytyggo1_1280.png

http://korraku.tumblr.com/
I just had to include that one.

Kuvira X anyone is still the worst fan pairing.
I've always been able to find a thread that links her to most of her pairings though so they've never really bothered me.

Kuvira x Su: A weird mother daughter bond with Kuvira doing what she can to get Su to notice her and get some actual love from her, these two have many similar traits
Kuvira x Korra: A bond between two rivals with more in common than they think, they also feed into each others competitive nature
Kuvira x Opal: Two women that grew up close to each other with Opal most likely admiring Kuvira for her achievements and strength, with Kuvira appreciating Opals sweetness, but stern inner strength
Kuvira x Lin: Two strong women with issues regarding Su that they bond over, most likely constantly fight each other for dominance in the relationship
Am I missing anymore Kuvira ships?

Hamlet

Bryan detailing the Korra Book 4 DVD process.
Pretty interesting stuff.
I’ve never done a process post before, probably because I usually want to hide my process from the world in shame and figure those types of things are better left to more impressive folks like Ryan Lang. But hey, everyone is at a different level and I used to not be at this level, so maybe this will be of some help or interest to some people. Plus, I love drawing Kuvira’s Giant Mech, which I designed and am proud of, so this seemed like a good piece to highlight. I am reasonably happy with the final version, at least for now… but the more I look at it the more things I see that I would tweak now… so I better get this out there before I change my mind! (This is for an international DVD cover coming out this fall.)

Release it already Nick. You could at least do that after not bothering to submit Book 3 to the Emmy's.

Hamlet

I'll always be a bit annoyed that there's nothing Kuvira related on the blu ray set. She's the mirror of Korra, put her on the fucking cover!

Just keeping in theme with the previous covers. Though I'm sure Kuvira will be showing up on the Book 4 art book cover at least.

Top Bottom