• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Multiplayer |OT| Swinging To Victory

So uh. Today is the 1 year anniversary of the game. Nothing planned for MP. No gifts, double XP, double relics, hats. Nothing. This MP team sucks cuz the other games always had events or something they gave out.
The UC3 MP team consisted of 2 people and it had better support than this game... I guess the UC4 MP team is Cogburn himself, since pretty much everyone else has left, so yeah...
it's all about Lost Legacy/TLOU2 from now on.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Anyone else notice that the classic UC music they added in this game are remixes of their original? At first I thought it was the original OST tracks they added to the game, but they're actually remixes/slight variations that sound AMAZING. It sucks that they only play for a little bit towards the end of a match because the full version of these remixed songs sound incredible.

So uh. Today is the 1 year anniversary of the game. Nothing planned for MP. No gifts, double XP, double relics, hats. Nothing. This MP team sucks cuz the other games always had events or something they gave out.

UC4 is a bad game. Have they even beat UC3's launch content yet? I'm guessing they haven't and never will. Nevermind UC3 with its season pass content.

BUT HEY GUYS, IT'S FREE, FREE IS BETTER*

*If better means missing lots of content present in previous game, slowing patched in but not even close to completely, all while dealing with a horrible F2P type model.

UC4 is a bad game. Have they even beat UC3's launch content yet? I'm guessing they haven't and never will. Nevermind UC3 with its season pass content.

*If better means missing lots of content present in previous game, slowing patched in but not even close to completely, all while dealing with a horrible F2P type model.
Uc4 is definitely not a bad game, it's one of the best games of this generation

When all was said and done U3 had 25 maps which eventually went free for everyone. Not to mention it launched with Survival and Adventure.

This has what now, 14 maps? We might get one more when LL launches but I bet that's it.

I knew this would be the case when the game launched, but I'm still disappointing because it kills the longevity for me. I'm tired of playing the same maps.

I wish they included all the multi/survival and adventure content with the ND collection.

Edit: Lets not forget all the lab maps U3 had, so we had like 30-35 in total. Man, what a weak amount of content we got with U4. Fuck, annoyed now, lol.

When all was said and done U3 had 25 maps which eventually went free for everyone. Not to mention it launched with Survival and Adventure.

This has what now, 14 maps? We might get one more when LL launches but I bet that's it.

I knew this would be the case when the game launched, but I'm still disappointing because it kills the longevity for me. I'm tired of playing the same maps.

I wish they included all the multi/co-op and adventure content with the ND collection.

you know what would be cool, if they added tlou maps. if the maps are around the same size it would be cool to just play Uc4 in those arenas.

they should also just add all of Uc2 & 3's maps. if village and trainwreck didn't take that much tweaking then the rest should be easy too.

you know what would be cool, if they added tlou maps. if the maps are around the same size it would be cool to just play Uc4 in those arenas.

they should also just add all of Uc2 & 3's maps. if village and trainwreck didn't take that much tweaking then the rest should be easy too.

Yeah, I wonder why they don't at least give us more U2 and 3 maps. Even just the layouts from those maps with assets from U4. I'd be more than alright with that.

You know what I'd be happy with, variants of the current maps. You know how it starts raining on pirate colony? I'd be alright with a daytime only version, a rain only version and and evening version of that map, and other maps as well...Something that simple can add a decent amount of variety. Rooftops in the day, Auction house at night...This is something Assassin's Creed did with it's maps and it really made a huge difference and it felt like there was a considerable amount of extra content because of it.

I'd also like normal Survival to be added, I really hate that they're 5 rounds. I want to play 10+ rounds on train wreck, I want all the maps added to it as well. Give us endless rounds with limited lives or even just 10 round customization options.

Yeah, I wonder why they don't at least give us more U2 and 3 maps. Even just the layouts from those maps with assets from U4. I'd be more than alright with that.

You know what I'd be happy with, variants of the current maps. You know how it starts raining on pirate colony? I'd be alright with a daytime only version, a rain only version and and evening version of that map, and other maps as well...Something that simple can add a decent amount of variety. Rooftops in the day, Auction house at night...This is something Assassin's Creed did with it's maps and it really made a huge difference and it felt like there was a considerable amount of extra content because of it.

I'd also like normal Survival to be added, I really hate that they're 5 rounds. I want to play 10+ rounds on train wreck, I want all the maps added to it as well. Give us endless rounds with limited lives or even just 10 round customization options.

rocket league does the same thing with its maps too and in fact tekken 5 on Ps3 did that, it included all of the maps from the PsP and Ps2 versions via dlc which were basically just day/night versions of each stage.

so yeah, that would be nice too. also, fuck survival. it's so pathetic that

a. that is the only form of cooperative multiplayer, instead of missions like in Uc2
b. there's no splitscreen mode like in Uc3

2 steps back, Naughty Dog

If this is supposed to be the "definitive" version of Uncharted MP, then yeah, it should include all maps/skins...
I wonder what happened to the "roadmap". Radio silence from ND.

If this is supposed to be the "definitive" version of Uncharted MP, then yeah, it should include all maps/skins...
I wonder what happened to the "roadmap". Radio silence from ND.

Well, they followed the roadmap, and it ended this spring. Actually, if you look at it then we weren't supposed to get any new maps this year, just cosmetics and weapons. So really, they over delivered. I definitely don't see it that way though, it's all been quite underwhelming.

Well, they followed the roadmap, and it ended this spring. Actually, if you look at it then we weren't supposed to get any new maps this year, just cosmetics and weapons. So really, they over delivered. I definitely don't see it that way though, it's all been quite underwhelming.
No, we haven't gotten the "Spring" update yet...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It's really frustrating thinking about the potential this MP could have been. I like the MP cuz of the gun play, I think it's the best in the series, but man a lot of it is wasted over dumb changes/additions/decisions. The content isn't there either IMO. I wonder what the MP population really is because I'm starting to think it's low cuz I constantly run into the same people. Some modes are also dead for me.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man. I'm sure it's been posted here, but I haven't had a harbinger challenge in a long time. I have to get 11 downs, but the 1 hit KO headshots don't count for it which is bs. You're supposed to get headshots, which I have so many times tonight, but they should totally count for that challenge. :/

Man. I'm sure it's been posted here, but I haven't had a harbinger challenge in a long time. I have to get 11 downs, but the 1 hit KO headshots don't count for it which is bs. You're supposed to get headshots, which I have so many times tonight, but they should totally count for that challenge. :/

I had one the other day and yes, it's BS. Thankfully a friend who's using the Harrison and mark on damage 3 let me have the second shot after he marked opponents for some easy downs.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what's the general consensus on UC4 Survival? I just recently installed the update that included it, and was pretty excited to try it because I loved the horde modes of UC2 and UC3. But Survival seems determined to undermine everything I liked about those modes. Warlords are annoying bullet sponges with even more annoying attacks, the round modifiers (like melee only or dead enemies dropping El Dorado) disrupt the game flow, and the new variation on treasure hunt is one of the least interesting objectives I've seen in a while--the only challenge to it is if the treasures glitch out and you can't pick them up. Is this a case of a game mode just not being well done or just not being for me?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but what's the general consensus on UC4 Survival? I just recently installed the update that included it, and was pretty excited to try it because I loved the horde modes of UC2 and UC3. But Survival seems determined to undermine everything I liked about those modes. Warlords are annoying bullet sponges with even more annoying attacks, the round modifiers (like melee only or dead enemies dropping El Dorado) disrupt the game flow, and the new variation on treasure hunt is one of the least interesting objectives I've seen in a while--the only challenge to it is if the treasures glitch out and you can't pick them up. Is this a case of a game mode just not being well done or just not being for me?
It's the Dark Souls of the Uncharted universe. You have to cheese your way through it, especially on Crushing/Hardcore.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Survival was cool cuz it was new when it was out, so nobody knew what to expect at later levels/higher difficulties. Then the more you played it, you realize you're doing the same thing regardless of the difficulty over and over again with the most bullshit thrown at you. I honestly can't stand it anymore and never touched it after getting my crushing badge. Don't intend to touch it anymore because I just don't care about the mode. UC2 is still the pinnacle of co-op arena and UC4's co-op mode wishes it was even half as good.

Foxxsoxx

Survival was cool cuz it was new when it was out, so nobody knew what to expect at later levels/higher difficulties. Then the more you played it, you realize you're doing the same thing regardless of the difficulty over and over again with the most bullshit thrown at you. I honestly can't stand it anymore and never touched it after getting my crushing badge. Don't intend to touch it anymore because I just don't care about the mode. UC2 is still the pinnacle of co-op arena and UC4's co-op mode wishes it was even half as good.

Yeah Survival was a cool concept, but the niche of doing the same stages in the same row every single time wasn't a good idea. Also didn't help that it wasn't 60FPS which made the aiming feel really bad and the enemies are total bullet sponges... and the health regen is ridiculously slow.

But it was fun for a week or so.

Still love the MP though I haven't played it in a few months. Been waiting for a new patch to come out with a new map or guns but it has been radio silent.

Drencrom

The fact that they just didn't give us a simple horde mode like the survival arena coop mode in UC2 with more waves and enemies blows my mind, instead we got this "finish these static waves on the same maps as fast as possible" coop mode .

I mean, why is it even called "survival" when the whole point of the mode is to basically speedrun 5 predictable waves? It's just such a poor and really frustrating approach to a coop mode. Finishing a game means nothing if you don't get 3 stars and you basically just want to quit and retry if you failed a wave because now you're less likely to finish the 3 star limit, because of this most random players just quit if you lose the 3 star rating.

Time limits ultimately just limits how you play and you can use strategies. I remember me and friends coming up with lots of different stats to tackle waves on certain maps in UC2 coop but many of them you simply can't do in UC4 "survival" because they aren't fast to get 3 star ratings or can't be used because of modifiers and "capture the hill" waves etc.

At least MP is really good and fun

The fact that they just didn't give us a simple horde mode like the survival arena coop mode in UC2 with more waves and enemies blows my mind, instead we got this "finish these static waves on the same maps as fast as possible" coop mode .

I mean, why is it even called "survival" when the whole point of the mode is to basically speedrun 5 predictable waves? It's just such a poor and really frustrating approach to a coop mode. Finishing a game means nothing if you don't get 3 stars and you basically just want to quit and retry if you failed a wave because now you're less likely to finish the 3 star limit, because of this most random players just quit if you lose the 3 star rating.

Time limits ultimately just limits how you play and you can use strategies. I remember me and friends coming up with lots of different stats to tackle waves on certain maps in UC2 coop but many of them you simply can't do in UC4 "survival" because they aren't fast to get 3 star ratings or can't be used because of modifiers and "capture the hill" waves etc.

At least MP is really good and fun

Seriously this really really annoys me. It's so shit, it was shit from the get go.

The collecting rounds are bottom of the barrel game design.

They need to update this game before dropping support and giving us a proper survival mode just like it was in 2 and 3. Make all the maps playable, let me do 10 rounds on Village or Train Wreck. Drop the objective rounds as well.

Given this is the last Uncharted from ND and probably the only one we'll get this gen. I'd like to have something that will last a few more years. Considering how many maps and how much content 3 ended up getting, which all went free outside of cosmetics, the lack of it all with this game is really disappointing. I wish The Uncharted collection would have just launched with all the MP content.

Seriously this really really annoys me. It's so shit, it was shit from the get go.

The collecting rounds are bottom of the barrel game design.

They need to update this game before dropping support and giving us a proper survival mode just like it was in 2 and 3. Make all the maps playable, let me do 10 rounds on Village or Train Wreck. Drop the objective rounds as well.

Given this is the last Uncharted from ND and probably the only one we'll get this gen. I'd like to have something that will last a few more years. Considering how many maps and how much content 3 ended up getting, which all went free outside of cosmetics, the lack of it all with this game is really disappointing. I wish The Uncharted collection would have just launched with all the MP content.
Not gonna happen I'm afraid. Quentin Cobb left ND and we're left with this Destiny-wannabe Co-op mode forever...

Foxxsoxx

Always will scratch my head why they never copied Overwatch and it's events.

I'm tired to death of that game but at least events keep me coming back. It's the same for U4. I love it but it's become pretty repetitive, no matter how good it is.

Drencrom

Always will scratch my head why they never copied Overwatch and it's events.

I'm tired to death of that game but at least events keep me coming back. It's the same for U4. I love it but it's become pretty repetitive, no matter how good it is.

Yeah, but I guess doing special events takes resources, but 2XP and bonus relic events/weekends shouldn't so I'm not sure why it they don't at least do those more often.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So out of nowhere, double XP and classic beta return for this weekend.

Pretty worthless for me since I've been level 90 for a while and have no interest in classic mode.

Foxxsoxx

Yeah, but I guess doing special events takes resources, but 2XP and bonus relic events/weekends shouldn't so I'm not sure why it they don't at least do those more often.

Yeah for sure it takes resources but I do think they should have a more dedicated MP team. After all I'm pretty sure at GDC they said they made serious bank off the MP but the staff working on it was a skeleton crew.

Just makes you wonder how much more they should have made if they went all in.

They need to stop being stingy with relics. Every event should be Double XP, Double relics.

Seriously, ND doesn't understand Economics 101. Reward people that stay in lopsided matches. Reward people that play in less popular playlists (Plunder). Currency is a tool that is meant to be used wisely for growth. Maybe they should take a Fed tour or something...

Yeah for sure it takes resources but I do think they should have a more dedicated MP team. After all I'm pretty sure at GDC they said they made serious bank off the MP but the staff working on it was a skeleton crew.

Just makes you wonder how much more they should have made if they went all in.
Got a link?

Drencrom

Mediking

This is my favorite multiplayer but they gotta remove mines and being able to put mines at respawn spots. Just STOP.

my boy is such a beast at this multiplayer

https://youtu.be/12dbKI9X6Cw?t=9m27s

it's a shame that this isn't a more popular game, if we had tournaments and shit i know he would own
This is my favorite multiplayer but they gotta remove mines and being able to put mines at respawn spots. Just STOP.
lol they're not gonna remove mines bro. they're not taking out shit. the ability to jump on someone as well as pull someone off a ledge is ridiculous as well

ND MP games will never become popular. The majority would rather play something from Blizzard (an established MP company), even if they have to deal with a far more toxic community.

ND MP games will never become popular. The majority would rather play something from Blizzard (an established MP company), even if they have to deal with a far more toxic community.
that's really unfortunate. i would like to think that Uc4 is the most popular exclusive shooter on Ps4, at least.

How are the matchmaking times these days? I haven't played in months, but last I played I was consistently waiting 5+ minutes for a match. That ultimately killed it for me, otherwise I probably would've played it a lot more.

Drencrom

How are the matchmaking times these days? I haven't played in months, but last I played I was consistently waiting 5+ minutes for a match. That ultimately killed it for me, otherwise I probably would've played it a lot more.

Matchmaking is still great and fast from my experience, definitely less than 5 minutes of wait (I mostly play TDM, King of the hill and Classic).

Top Bottom