• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Maddocks

Is this in casual or ranked?

Keep in mind that everyone wants perfect matchmaking, but if the matchmaking takes more than 10 seconds, they're instantly complaining about how long it's taking. Lot of ranked modes in other games take several minutes to matchmake. Obviously I want it to be fast and work well, but usually the more time goes on, I believe it's expanding those search options in trying to find a group and the people you're matched up with may or may not be close to your MMR score.

Matchmaking generally seems to be pretty good for me. Win about 50% of the time, which means it's doing it's job pretty well. If we're curbstomping everyone then it's matching us with lower skilled players.

Both. Casual and ranked. It takes 2-3 minutes to find matches, so the time isn't bad, but I just want to have better games over the course of the week. Because a lot of time putting the spankies on people and then you I look at ranks and I'm like..oh, its because they are level 3.

4th time to download this game

What the hell is up with this game and getting deleted.... I don't notice any of my other games doing this but sometimes when I close app on this game it just goes completely away.... 3rd time it has done this.

Played a bunch of games last night and fucking oath, it seems to be whenever a new season drops the morons come out of the woodwork to play for a few days. I think almost once a match on average I was team killed, then they left. We had multiple matches where we were 2 - 0 up, about to win, then someone would TK at the start of the round and leave.

Why not let us just win, then you can leave? Why do people have to be such pricks. Getting to the point that I'll just avoid the game for the week after new seasons drop...

Disgraced

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RaiN DancE X/video/31634218

My first ace with the banana killer.

Skip halfway to the next round since the first half was the previous round
fanZcNn.jpg

I'm sure you killed it though, bro.

nOoblet16

So I've almost exclusively started picking shotguns as a defender. I almost always roam so I feel like shotgun gives you the edge, even more so when you already have the element of surprise. It's also very good when you are engaging multiple enemies at once.

I never spawn peek or so long peeks so I don't feel like switching over to automatics as outside of pulse, castle, rook, doc and Jäger the automatic options are quite weak in damage.

So I've almost exclusively started picking shotguns as a defender. I almost always so I feel like shotgun gives you the edge, even more so when you already have the element of surprise. It's also very good when you are engaging multiple enemies at once.

I never spawn peek or so long peeks so I don't feel like switching over to automatics as outside of pulse, castle, rook, doc and Jaeger the automatic options are quite weak in damage.

Shotguns are legit on some of the smaller maps. Even the larger maps, they can be highly effective if you adapt your play style to them and play hard 90 degree angles and force the attackers to push into your range.

It also helps if you can be efficient with your pistol to challenge at longer ranges.

Personally, I really like taking Hibana with the Supernova and SMG. You can get into the objective very quickly, and if you know the map well then you can position yourself to use the shotgun massively in your advantage.

Like so: https://youtu.be/SgScPQcqXsk

Quick entry into the objective, using solid cover to force the defenders to push into my range and peeking out for potshots when possible.

nOoblet16

Shotguns are legit on some of the smaller maps. Even the larger maps, they can be highly effective if you adapt your play style to them and play hard 90 degree angles and force the attackers to push into your range.

It also helps if you can be efficient with your pistol to challenge at longer ranges.

Personally, I really like taking Hibana with the Supernova and SMG. You can get into the objective very quickly, and if you know the map well then you can position yourself to use the shotgun massively in your advantage.

Like so: https://youtu.be/SgScPQcqXsk

Quick entry into the objective, using solid cover to force the defenders to push into my range and peeking out for potshots when possible.
Yea Hibana is better off with shotgun/SMG combo than AR/SMG. Her AR has a shit magazine size, less than her SMG and if you adapt yourself then you will never need the extended range of the AR and anything less than that and more than shotgun range can be covered by the SMG.

Yea Hibana is better off with shotgun/SMG combo than AR/SMG. Her AR has a shit magazine size, less than her SMG and if you adapt yourself then you will never need the extended range of the AR and anything less than that and more than shotgun range can be covered by the SMG.

I wouldn't go that far, her AR is great, one of the best despite the 20 round mag and the recoil is much easier to manage than the SMG for long range. It's all preference, really, and depending on your play style you'll favour one over the other.

The shotgun is a huge utility however, you could easily take Hibana with the shotgun and use her as a Buck-lite for making kill holes.

andycapps

I disagree, but feel free to use what you like. Her AR is very accurate with a lot of damage. Clip size is definitely small but it wouldn't make me use the shotgun.

Encountered the craziest glitch i've yet to come across in Siege. Here are two short videos (just a minute each) if you want to check it out.

First off, my screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk-A1EKFZNI - pretty normal, right? It was a bit odd i got those 3 kills so easily, i just figured those players are new

However this is what my buddy saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_E2gcf3K0w - Now that shit is pretty fucked up, he was like "how the fuck are you killing them!?"

HariKari

Does anyone have a problem with the lighting in this game? Like at some distances, looking into a window will make the room completely dark, but if you move backwards, suddenly it's visible. This shit is driving me insane because it's hard enough to pick out people who are holding down an angle at distance as it is, I don't need the game throwing an extra level of fuckery over the top. It's like the sun in Battlefield all over again.

Encountered the craziest glitch i've yet to come across in Siege. Here are two short videos (just a minute each) if you want to check it out.

First off, my screen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk-A1EKFZNI - pretty normal, right? It was a bit odd i got those 3 kills so easily, i just figured those players are new

However this is what my buddy saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_E2gcf3K0w - Now that shit is pretty fucked up, he was like "how the fuck are you killing them!?"

What the...?

That's a pretty crazy glitch.

What the...?

That's a pretty crazy glitch.

Yeah, i'm fairly confident the enemy team couldn't see me. They fired, but just up into the hole and not really aimed at my position.

EDIT: There is a report of another player encountering invisible enemies on the Siege forum, so perhaps this last patch messed something up badly.

Giganteus

Has anyone's stats changed correctly to reflect their new rank? After the recent reset, I played ten games, got my rank, but my w/l and k/d ratios were the same from before - no change, which makes no sense. One other player had the same thing.

Pratfall

yeah, this is somewhat common glitch with shield ops and windows. their model stays at the window but their perspective moves, so you were invisible.

nOoblet16

Does anyone have a problem with the lighting in this game? Like at some distances, looking into a window will make the room completely dark, but if you move backwards, suddenly it's visible. This shit is driving me insane because it's hard enough to pick out people who are holding down an angle at distance as it is, I don't need the game throwing an extra level of fuckery over the top. It's like the sun in Battlefield all over again.
It's typical simulation of eye adaptation seen in most games, looking at something bright means your pupils contract and darker areas become difficult to see, conversely looking at somewhere dark means your pupils expand and as such the bright areas become over bright. Affects both attackers and defenders so it kind of balances it out, but it does make it less fun as you can't really see much inside if you are outside and vice versa. It's why I don't like playing any map during day time and exclusively prefer night time.

Use Acog to mitigate it as more screen space gets taken by the area that has a clear contrast since it's the areas outside your reticule (which is where your scope is) that gets over exposed or underexposed.

yeah, this is somewhat common glitch with shield ops and windows. their model stays at the window but their perspective moves, so you were invisible.

My friend had this a couple months ago, we were all so confused until we saw his footage. kept telling him to hurry up and get his ass inside and he's like "I AM, FUCK SAKE" while going around knifing people in the objective haha.

andycapps

That's normal. ACOG makes the contrast not so extreme.

Whales

Banned
Bought the game last week with some friends when it was on sale on steam

And man... It's really good fun. Im gradually getting better and better and learning to stop playing like a wuss. but I still have a long way to go. I can consistently get kills per matches now, and before I would get maybe an assist lol

few complaints though:

-casual matchmaking is trash: it doesnt take a lot of time which is nice, but me and my lvl 20-30 partners are literally getting matched with level 110-120s 70% of the time... Not fun

-Ranked matchmaking can take a while (but I see they're trying to fix it so thats ok for me)

-fuck glaz

-so many times where im watching an open window for a while then get instakilled... And on the replay there's a dude that literally shot me 10 times thru the window (and that for some reason I couldnt see even if I was covering that angle...). Meanwhile on my screen I couldnt see him at all and it feels like I died to a single bullet...

other than that, fun ass game, cant believe I slept on it for that long. Im trying to save up and get Hibana now, her kit looks too good.

fr0st

Banned
Whales your last point seems to be about perspective.

Basically it's all due to the camera placement and that's why it's power L better to fast peek instead of staying in one spot

andycapps

And man... It's really good fun. Im gradually getting better and better and learning to stop playing like a wuss. but I still have a long way to go. I can consistently get kills per matches now, and before I would get maybe an assist lol

few complaints though:

-casual matchmaking is trash: it doesnt take a lot of time which is nice, but me and my lvl 20-30 partners are literally getting matched with level 110-120s 70% of the time... Not fun

-Ranked matchmaking can take a while (but I see they're trying to fix it so thats ok for me)

-fuck glaz

-so many times where im watching an open window for a while then get instakilled... And on the replay there's a dude that literally shot me 10 times thru the window (and that for some reason I couldnt see even if I was covering that angle...). Meanwhile on my screen I couldnt see him at all and it feels like I died to a single bullet...

other than that, fun ass game, cant believe I slept on it for that long. Im trying to save up and get Hibana now, her kit looks too good.

This doesn't necessarily mean anything. They could play for thousands of hours and be trash. It's based on MMR. It's also casual so there's going to be a bit more difference, though it seems like they made casual follow ranked matchmaking criteria.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

nOoblet16

Yea level doesn't mean much because it's just dependant on playstyle. I was level 58 on PS4 and 20 on PC, and I still didn't know shit, my map knowledge was terrible, I didn't know any callouts, I would reinforce and cave myself inside a room as I didn't understand the concept of rotation etc etc, I'd even reinforce the walls between bombs. I didn't even used to use claymores.

Then I started fresh on Xbox One with my friends and by level 30 or so I was doing wobbling (while peeking), opening up alternate pathways for quicker rotation and access to objective. And depending on the location of object I might not even reinforce anything (Kids bedroom in house for example). Granted I already had 58 levels on PS4 and 20 on PC, but before playing with a team on Xbox One I was completely reliant on my shooting ability and even there I had the disadvantage because I wasn't utilising my tools right.

Just the other day I came across a level 113 on Xbox and the dude was reinforcing walls between objectives, floor hatches on the objective floor (which you can use for rotation and attackers can never use to enter into the room) and just overall being shit.

nOoblet16

few complaints though:

-fuck glaz

This happens in every game due to latency, just more pronounced here because you die quicker. The character model you see is not the actual position of the character on that player's screen, instead it's what they did 50-80ms (or whatever their ping is) before what they have on their screen. Think of it as a ghost of your character following yourself that is behind by the time equal to your latency, it's that ghost that everyone sees. So when you pop out of cover and immediately shoot someone they won't even be able to see you because on their screen your ghost takes some time to come into their screen but by that time you have already fired and hit their head.

This is called peeker's advantage and because of this it is NEVER a good idea to slowly peek a corner or stay in one place and keep peeking. And in a game like this or Counter Strike it is absolutely essentials to learn about and exploit it along with pre firing (firing before you come out of cover). Unless you have a very tight angle from an uncommon place you will get peeked and killed before you know it.

A video explaining Peeker's advantage and how to exploit it.

Side by side comparison of what it looks like from the perspective of the peeker and the one getting peeker.

Renkax

Recently started playing this game and it's taken me over lol. Only being lv 12 can't wait for ranked!

Any discord for people who play I can join?:)

Placed in Gold one on Wednesday.

Ya boy is now in Bronze 2.

Look, I am far from being the greatest Siege player but when I'm coming out with 9 - 12 kills per game and we are still losing, it is really making me frustrated. A good 7 games were with memers and probably 4 where we some one disconnected during the first round. Keep getting shit teammates or ones that tilt after the first round. I don't have a stack this season as my friends have stopped playing it. God dammit.

EDIT: Another game,same shit. I uninstalled Siege. I'm going to take a month break.

God, they're all terrible. Siege has some of the worst costume designers.

I honestly would have been stoked with just realistic gear like Wildlands has. Is that so much to ask? Siege is arguably more ripe for realistic gear and aesthetics than Wildlands which has a HUGE array of cosmetic customization, most of which aren't ridiculous like Siege's. Just don't understand why they had to go so unrealistically with this shit. I'd love more tactical, sensible aesthetics.

Top Bottom