• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Do Cyclops to 60 first people

His synergy bonus is 10% XP for all other characters, so it helps with alts and then prestiges

Ploid 3.0

What's the price of each character?

And where can I see a roster?

This is the only list I could find; it's fairly outdated, but I can't login at the moment to confirm the G prices.

Store prices as of 12/09/13

Characters

Black Panther: 900G
Black Widow: 450G*
Cable: 900G
Captain America: 900G
Colossus: 900G
Cyclops: 900G
Daredevil: 450G
Deadpool: 1450G
Emma Frost: 900G
Hawkeye: 450G
Hulk: 1100G
Human Torch: 900G
Iron Man: 1450G
Jean Grey: 1100G
Ms. Marvel: 900G
Punisher: 900G
Rocket Raccoon: 1100G
Scarlet Witch: 450G
Spider-man: 1450G
Storm: 450G
Thing: 450G
Thor: 1100G
Wolverine: 900G

It costs $4.99 for 500 Gs. The cheapest Founder's Pack comes with 500 Gs as well.

I do think it's worth buying either the Deadpool, Spider-Man or War Machine Founder's Packs and then an additional character, especially so you can jump straight into the open beta with your favourite. Though keep in mind you can also purchase additional characters with in game currency.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
There are considerable changes between the PC and Console version. It's not the same game.

Might genuinely give it a go then

It'll be on Xbox so I can force mates to play, since they dont have a PS4. Hopefully the open beta is soonish

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I'm going to compete for the PS4's Overwatch time to try this out on open beta too. Might as well get my foot on the new ship just in case and to experience it's growth with experience from the other version. The only thing I can do in the PC version is slowly get to the center of a steel ball by polishing it, (the speed in which omega points progress feels to me at this point @ around 1250).

I just hope this game explains more.....I always got so confused on the PC version. I never got beyond the free characters, finally having spidey has me super excited.

Damn, I got Cyclops with my 400 ES because everyone always says to get Cyclops first. :-(

Everyone except Wolverine, Deadpool, Jean Grey, Iron Man, and (I think) Spider Man are 400 of the in game currency. Those five are 600.
Angela, Nova, and Squirrel Girl are 200 ES. Rocket is also a 600 character.

Whatever that info about a free PS+ War Machine was, it was a probably a misunderstanding. The only benefit Plus members have is that they get to buy his Founders Pack, which is the only way to get him.

Phloxy

Running it on PS4pro with boost mode, game doesn't run great. Lot's of area's where it drops framerate. Nowhere near the smoothness of Diablo.

Zen Mu

Damn, I got Cyclops with my 400 ES because everyone always says to get Cyclops first. :-(

That will be wiped anyway at the end of closed beta, you'll have to re-do the tutorial and you'll get the starter 400 shards back when open beta starts (along with any Gs you spent).

Demoskinos

My download seems to be split into two parts, 7 gigs and 12

What does the 7 gigs represent?

Thats how the PS4 displays downloads. The first bar is the minimum amount to start whatever application you are downloading the second bar is the complete download. It should also show two separate timers. Indicating when you can launch the app and when it will be finished downloading.

IbukiLordSA

Who is more fun to play Spidey or Deadpool? Going back and fourth on which one to buy. Also I saw the beta doesn't keep progress so will I lose any characters and money I acquire through the beta?

The differences in itemisation alone are probably enough to justify a separate OT, surely.

Out of curiousity, why hasn't the PC thread been moved to the Community forums?

Well Gaming Community is usually for threads where people post about a game, so that doesn't really apply to us.

Ploid 3.0

So I'm stuck I'm did the raft what's next?

Avenger's Tower, and talk to a NPC near the portal somewhere (from PC version experience). Or just take a portal to Hells Kitchen Rooftops, that should trigger a cutscene, and talk to Coulson.

So how is the controller gameplay ? Feels good ?

A avid Pc Marvel Heroes player described it as solid, what you'd expect from any controller movement game. As good as Final Fantasy XIV movement (or was that XV, don't remember). He just didn't like the menu navigation, inventory controls.

Degen on twitch if you want to track down his early impressions and talk with Gazillion lurker. I don't have time stamps unfortunately.

ReaperXL7

Are the character powers different here then on PC? All of the videos I've seen of the PC version showed each character having 3 trees that you put points into. In this version it seems like there are only two power trees per character and the powers just unlock at different levels.

So far Ghost Rider and Hulk are my favorite characters, I might give colossus and Thor a shot also since Juggernaught probably won't be in for awhile.

Are the character powers different here then on PC? All of the videos I've seen of the PC version showed each character having 3 trees that you put points into. In this version it seems like there are only two power trees per character and the powers just unlock at different levels.

So far Ghost Rider and Hulk are my favorite characters, I might give colossus and Thor a shot also since Juggernaught probably won't be in for awhile.

Colossus is the tankiest monster in the game.

ReaperXL7

Colossus is the tankiest monster in the game.

Yeah, it's not in the console version yet but I love his acolyte costume

6dd0cd39001c67b589c7262da5ec2bb8.jpg

They changed how powers work on PC a bit ago, so now it's similar to the console. You get access to all the skills as you level but can only put 8 (i think?) on your action bar. Then there are kind of small talent trees that you can select that change up some of the skills. I believe the console version has this as well..

According to the FAQ, anyone who's in the closed beta gets Daredevil. PS+ people also get his Man Without Fear costume.

Take it with a grain of salt though cause the FAQ also said PS+ got Warmachine for free, and they had to walk that back already.

I like that all the heroes are capped at level 10, let's you mess around with them to see who you want to buy. Don't see how I don't buy Hulk next, Spidey is my DPS but I want a tank class too

Top Bottom