• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Half-Life 3" on Valves bug tracker confirms HL3 is in dev (46dev), L4D3 hits 71 devs

The confirmation that it exists and is in the works should be enough to calm things down a lot and stop a lot of future thread derails with the same tired and lame jokes.

Maybe, but it's still not even officially announced. Duke Nukem Forever for example was officially announced at April 28, 1997, it could still be years full of great jokes and funny replies until the actual release of HL3 lol!

BadAss2961

AM I ONLY ONE THAT'S NOT AMUSED?! WE HAVE THIS THREAD EVERY 2 MONTHS!
I am not amused either. I don't really give a shit about it being confirmed when everyone already knows it's in development. It ain't worth GAF being down all day.

Give me Shenmue 3 confirmation and i'll gladly watch GAF crash for weeks.

ironcreed

Banned
ibcHNfrWQHrVJw.gif

jediyoshi

Gemüsepizza;84231787 said:
Maybe, but it's still not even officially announced.

Huh? Why would people be excited if it was officially announced? You can only get excited if it's finished and downloaded.

SLY_

Banned
Please don't misuse the word official. Until Valve clearly discuss the confirmed, ongoing development of Half Life 3 then nothing is "official" This is all old news - this tracker was leaked 4 months ago, Valve filing for a trademark to protect their interests - while a positive sign isn't exactly confirmation of anything.

I'll be watching these developments with great interest!

tumblr_lnj2s28sf21qm00hqo1_500.gif

riker-yeahh.gif

Wanna take a closer look at that link?

Well then. Stearn..

I hate you

I'm giving you a stearn look of disapproval right now.

BOO THIS MAN

Apologies. It's just that HL3 has been rushing adrenaline to me and the moment I saw that I jumped out of my seat and posted here.

Sorry for the trouble.

ASIS

This might be a stupid question, but where should I start with this series? i want to get into it based on all the hype, but I see most people absolutely loving episode 2 but nothing else really. So, recommendations?

Huh? Why would people be excited if it was officially announced? You can only get excited if it's finished and downloaded.

I did not say there isn't a reason for excitment, I just think that this does not necessarily mean it will be released soon and that HL3 jokes will stop now.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Please don't misuse the word official. Until Valve clearly discuss the confirmed, ongoing development of Half Life 3 then nothing is "official" This is all old news - this tracker was leaked 4 months ago, Valve filing for a trademark to protect their interests - while a positive sign isn't exactly confirmation of anything.

That trademark has to be renewed every 6 months and it is only possible to do so 5 times, apparently. And you have to prove that you will have a use for it. So we're pretty much looking at 3 years, tops! That's the best confirmation eva, HL3 by 2016!

Confirmation is nice but did anyone really doubt that the game is in development? It might have been put on the backburner a few times or not entered full scale production yet but it had to exist in some form at this point.

That trademark has to be renewed every 6 months and it is only possible to do so 5 times, apparently. And you have to prove that you will have a use for it. So we're pretty much looking at 3 years, tops! That's the best confirmation eva, HL3 by 2016!

But couldn't they just register a new trademark after those 3 years (costs probably more than an extension)? I doubt that they will "ban" this trademark then.

Dali

The trademark thread and it being linked to on Reddit brought GAF down.
Ah good to know. Getting all the messages saying "I" broke it made me a bit mad with power. Started hitting digg and stormfront to try my luck with the crashing.

Valve filing for a trademark to protect their interests - while a positive sign isn't exactly confirmation of anything.
They don't need to file it to protect the HL3 name.

QrRDjWI.png

Also, if this was simply to protect the name, they would've done this a while ago. Why wait 6 years?

oh my god, oh my god please...

Half-Life 2 is one of the best gaming experiences I've had in the last decade. Such an amazing game and borderline unparalleled atmosphere.

Tom Penny

Other than the gravity gun that everyone stole on the Half Life series isn't all that. Black Mesa was pretty fun though.

Top Bottom