• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, the weird friendzone guy from yesterday here.

I asked her out already. We're going on a date later. I called it date, she called it date. I made sure there were no second guesses.

Let's make this happen. No cookies invovled, I promise.

Thread title putting in work.

There is hope out there guys. Sometimes, romantic comedies have something to teach us about true love and the virtues of parience. And the other 90% of the time, we're fucked. But you won't know until you ask!

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_sandwich

Types of pocket sandwiches:
Hot Pockets
Quesadilla
Fougasse
Empanada
Calzone
Stromboli
Pita
Runza
Pepperoni roll
Pizza Rolls
Egg rolls/Spring rolls
McStuffins: a form of the pocket sandwich served at McDonald's in 1993 [1]

Calzones are a subset of pocket sandwiches, as are Pizza Rolls. A necessary, and specific distinction, that allows the reader to immediately deduce which is being discussed.

🙌🙌🙌

gaiages

Banned
We've been dating just a little over a month. I didn't have phone service, and she doesn't have a smart phone (think old nokia) so messaging apps weren't a possibility. I guess I could've sent e-mails, but I was trying to walk the fine line between overdoing it and keeping a cool distance. I thought a post card was kind of old-fashioned and cute. With postal delays, it essentially amounted to no contact for 10 days.

I've only been back 3 days so I'm probably jumping to conclusions, but the communication just feels different so far. Meanwhile, I'm more on the 'absence makes the heart grow fond' side of things so I was really looking forward to seeing her soon as I came back; I was thinking of her a lot while on vacation. I'll see what happens...

Yeah, in that case, I don't blame you for not keeping contact, and she should have understood the scenario if she has a dumb phone. I guess yeah, just see what happens :p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_sandwich

Calzones are a subset of pocket sandwiches, as are Pizza Rolls. A necessary, and specific distinction, that allows the reader to immediately deduce which is being discussed.

🙌🙌🙌

>.>

Denali

Been seeing this girl for about a month now. We've been out probably 5-6 times, only one time being at my house (quote for more -snip-). I'm really new to dating, and we just happened to meet at a bar one night and kind of hit it off. Thing is, now I'm not sure if I'm feeling it anymore. When we hang out we both have a great time, but I don't sit around thinking about her or anything, and she seems to be way more into me than I may be into her. She's said as much. She gets really disappointed when I don't keep a text convo going all day, but I just don't get excited about it. She even opened up and said that she seems to end up becoming friends more than a girlfriend to a lot of the guys she's tried to date.

Do I need to just chalk this up to something that probably isn't going to go anywhere? Give it a little more time? It's nice having the attention, and it's helped my confidence enough that I'd like to actually start actively seeking out dates more. I can't tell if I'm getting in my own head here and talking myself out of a potential good thing.

I forgot to tell you guys but last week I had date and was very fun I didn't expect to go to a park after a coffee :)

I met this girl like 3 years ago in a party, but I didn't ask her on a date because I was a wuss back then, i didn't expect she would want to go on a date after all this time, but surprisingly she did hahaha hopefully this leads on to something.

stn

-Maybe I'm just not that attracted to her?
-Thing is, now I'm not sure if I'm feeling it anymore.
-She gets really disappointed when I don't keep a text convo going all day, but I just don't get excited about it.
-that I'd like to actually start actively seeking out dates more.
You don't need advice from anyone, you just need to read your own words!

Been seeing this girl for about a month now. We've been out probably 5-6 times, only one time being at my house (quote for more -snip-). I'm really new to dating, and we just happened to meet at a bar one night and kind of hit it off. Thing is, now I'm not sure if I'm feeling it anymore. When we hang out we both have a great time, but I don't sit around thinking about her or anything, and she seems to be way more into me than I may be into her. She's said as much. She gets really disappointed when I don't keep a text convo going all day, but I just don't get excited about it. She even opened up and said that she seems to end up becoming friends more than a girlfriend to a lot of the guys she's tried to date.

Do I need to just chalk this up to something that probably isn't going to go anywhere? Give it a little more time? It's nice having the attention, and it's helped my confidence enough that I'd like to actually start actively seeking out dates more. I can't tell if I'm getting in my own head here and talking myself out of a potential good thing.
You do you, nothing worse than making a relationship seem like a tedious chore, you feel obligated to go out of your way to make it seem like you like her, answer her text on regular, etc. etc. Don't pretend to be into her. Women can detect that shit sooner than later, and it'll lead to lots frustration down the road for the both of you.

As for the issues on the sofa/in the bedroom... yeah, honestly I've been there... it seems like you need to be patient and relax and adjust yourself mentally and physically to perform. Take your time......
It's not fair to her, and yeah, if the attraction or the connection isn't there, no hard feelings, first try to at least make it work in the bedroom. If that doesn't work as well...let her go gently.
* quote for more snips

Been seeing this girl for about a month now. We've been out probably 5-6 times, only one time being at my house.  I'm really new to dating, and we just happened to meet at a bar one night and kind of hit it off. Thing is, now I'm not sure if I'm feeling it anymore. When we hang out we both have a great time, but I don't sit around thinking about her or anything, and she seems to be way more into me than I may be into her. She's said as much. She gets really disappointed when I don't keep a text convo going all day, but I just don't get excited about it. She even opened up and said that she seems to end up becoming friends more than a girlfriend to a lot of the guys she's tried to date.

I would let her know. I've been on both sides of this (being the more attached/invested one and vice versa) and it's best to cut it off early or be very honest with her. It might be that with a little more time, attraction can develop. Normally, the early stage of dating is the peak of lust/passion. If you're not interested in talking to her and don't find yourself thinking about her, then you're wasting your time and hers. Andif you're not even in it for hook up purposes, then you're 'friendzoning'* her.

* using this term only to trigger thread regulars lol

If you aren't into it right from the start that would point to problems imo. You literally seem bored just describing the situation. Can't advise on whether to end, can only advise that you would be excited if you had a prospect that actually interested you.

So I just asked someone out. We've gone out a couple of times on what I think were dates, but never used that word, but that was a couple of months ago. We still meet sometimes in our friend circles though, and some things some common friends said made me think she likes me.

Hopefully things don't get awkward, because I'd still like her as friend. I asked another girl in our circle out and we're still good friends, so it should be fine

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
So I just asked someone out. We've gone out a couple of times on what I think were dates, but never used that word, but that was a couple of months ago. We still meet sometimes in our friend circles though, and some things some common friends said made me think she likes me.

Hopefully things don't get awkward, because I'd still like her as friend. I asked another girl in our circle out and we're still good friends, so it should be fine

Did the 'maybe dates' go well? What stopped it, and why didn't you ask her out on an actual date? If you think she still likes you, why not?

Solo

The fuck is all this grey area shit I'm seeing here lately with respect to whether it was a date or not? Be upfront and clear. Don't ask her if she wants to hang out sometime. That's vague, wishy-washy stuff. Ask her if she wants to go on a date. Propose the day and event. She may reject you, or she may go out with you, but either way, it leaves no room for confusion or "hanging out" 20+ times and still not knowing what's up. Also, it shows confidence, assertiveness and that you know what you want.

Kyne

just make sure you read people's profiles if you're doing the online dating thing..

my last girlfriend's profile mentioned she was only looking for friends. Somehow I missed that part.. and I think she was too shy to mention it.. (yes, we apparently had communication issues)

eventually we became a couple and I dated who I'm pretty sure was Leeness (no offense<3) for almost 3 years.

:|

should have read the damn profile.

Did the 'maybe dates' go well? What stopped it, and why didn't you ask her out on an actual date? If you think she still likes you, why not?

I didn't ask her out on an actual date originally because she was working in my group (as a visiting scholar), when I picked up she may be interested. Now she works in another group.

The 'maybe dates' went well yes

Then Christmas stopped it because she went home to see her family. The we were going to a concert together when she came back, but she cancelled because of lots of work. Haven't had time to ask her myself since then because of work

So about the hints I've gotten from friends. In one of the parties we went to together, we played a truth or dare app, and she got the question "Who do you like". The other girls there were like "oh that's a good question for you", but she seemed embarrassed and avoided the question. (To be fair, this could also mean she likes another common friend, and felt embarrassed about saying that when I was there, since she probably knows I like her. Or that she used to like me, but doesn't any longer.) Then on another party we both went to, we played a weird version of charades, where you had to demonstrate activity on the next person in line. And her friend (the girl I mentioned I had asked out about half a year ago lmao) seemed to take a lot of pleasure in giving me the word "kiss" so that I would have to kiss the girl I like. (I didn't want to kiss her in front of everyone or force myself on her, so I kissed her hand.)

Wurst

We kissed :)

Said she's been waiting for it but was also super confused because of her recent breakup, our project together and being insecure herself. She never had me in the friend zone. But she was not sure if I (!) wanted something more than a friendship.

We're heading to her place soon.

Also, I told her about the Cookie and she said she would have loved it, but in a corny, fun way. it wouldnt have changed her feelings for me in neither direction.

I'm fucking happy. It was also dead simple: I just asked her out and went for it. :D

Said she's been waiting for it but was also super confused because of her recent breakup, our project together and being insecure herself. She never had me in the friend zone. But she was not sure if I (!) wanted something more than a friendship.

Also, I told her about the Cookie and she said she would have loved it, but in a corny, fun way. it wouldnt have changed her feelings for me in neither direction.

I'm fucking happy. It was also dead simple: I just asked her out and went for it. :D

Hallelujah brother! I've been made very cynical about dating in the 21st century, but your story warms my heart. Hope it goes well!

This thread warms my heart on very rare occasions, this is one of those occasions, Good stuff Wurst... Insert a joke about you having sex soon here ....
The Wurst is yet to come.

#sorrynotsorry

Solo

Mmm pizza rolls. I'm glad they are getting called by their true name. I've heard some slang about calling them calzones, but that madness has no place here!

You delirious sonsofbitches won't trigger me.

All I'll say they are calzones you cunts! Cal-fucking-zones.

Jesus fucking Christ, you sorry sonsofabitches.

And I'm legit blown away by Wurst's chain of events! Some issues that cause a raised eyebrow, but goddamn...This shit turns dating advice on its head.

Calzones you cunts.

Kurtofan

I exchanged numbers with a girl I like and floated a date idea which she responded to too last Thursday... I'm thinking of waiting to see her to ask again but wouldn't it make more sense to text her? It's been almost a week so it's not like it's too early, I have no idea what to do with a girl's number

it's so absurd to ask for someone's number but then never use it

edit: well I did ask her to contact me to be fair

Ok, time for some more unconventional (while) dating questions, hope I can get some help.

Long story short, I am looking to find someone I can settle down with, I am not the most picky person, but begin that I kind of want to just find that woman I can seal the deal with, I get tired of dating.

I've been seeing someone for three weeks now, and we kind of hit it off, right from the start... But I am beginning to realize (just this week) the strongest connection we have is in the bedroom, outside of that, things are a bit lukewarm... We got into decent, heated, tense political/social debates, which was kind of fun, I admit... and I could tell it kind of got her wet when I stood my ground on some social views... (stuff that would get me banned on GAF indefinitely, but gets women wet in the real world, huh! who knew??) Anyway.. I have to continue this post, emergency... sorry brb

Leeness

That is such a friendzone-y thing to say! Won't be long before you're asking to sit on our back at a concert because your legs hurt.

Hey, if she's cute and she's not too heavy girls are always welcome to sit on me regardless of what zone I'm in.

Jokes on you guys, I don't go to concerts. I've only been to three in my life haha.

And I'm probably too heavy lmao. Though it's top heavy so idk

I had lunch with the work guy today &#128522;&#128522; Friendship hopefully commenced.

just make sure you read people's profiles if you're doing the online dating thing..

my last girlfriend's profile mentioned she was only looking for friends. Somehow I missed that part.. and I think she was too shy to mention it.. (yes, we apparently had communication issues)

eventually we became a couple and I dated who I'm pretty sure was Leeness (no offense<3) for almost 3 years.

:|

should have read the damn profile.

But how did you end up in a 3 year relationship with her???

I agree.

However this stuff always gets to me:

http://www.boredpanda.com/love-is-all-around-us/?cexp_id=2400&cexp_var=7&_f=featured

deep. down. I want....

Nah. Friendships are the only ships haha. You'll be okay!

Congrats :O Unexpected but congrats!

Lender

Been out of the dating game for a couple of years now, but I finally might be playing the game once more.

Known a girl for 2 months now, but it's only in the last 2 weeks we really got to know each other better and really hitting it off. Been thinking about asking her out, but I'm kinda of a chicken shit when it comes to asking girls out sometimes. Lack of confidence and all. Although a mutual friend told me that she said she wouldn't say no to me if I asked her.

Got to talking last night again about all kinds of shit and we somehow get to the subject of booze. I say to her that I don't require much to get drunk, and she says that she want to go and have a drink with me to see for herself. I say that's fine for me, but I'll need to have a place to stay the night since I have to drive at which she says that I can spend the night at her place.

So next sunday night I'm gonna we're going out for drinks, and I'm really looking forward to it. Bit nervous as well, but the good kind of nervous.

This girl man. We have so much in Common. Been talking to her the entire evening, and found out some more things about her. It's small things like being fans of Buffy and Angel. It's nothing shocking, but it does help set a certain connection.

Saw her today as well too. Had a brief moment to talk about Sunday evening and the practicality of the staying over. She has a female house companion as well, and three bed rooms. I thought she was going to say that I can just sleep in the extra bedroom, until she just calmly mentions that I can just get in bed with her. Goddamn woman, don't make me even more nervous. Not that I immediately expect something to happen, but it's just that it's been so long since i've been so close with a girl before.

Also agreed to do a Buffy marathon on Monday. We're both of from work that day so that should be fun. Doing a Buffy marathon with a girl I like. What a wonderful world to live in.

It is completely normal to just give this one girl you've been seeing three times (second date we kissed for those keeping score) to just kinda go radio silent for like a day or two right? We did relay a couple of snapchats yesterday
non-nude
but other than that these past days have been whatever. It's Spring Break also!

She works 5 days a week, and our schedules just haven't been lining up as they should and we live 10 miles between each other and just like the awesome man I am, I don't have a car nor a license. It's SF, I never needed one.

Shit like that shouldn't matter right? That a turn off for some folk?

Also kudos to Wurst, bout time someone got a happy ending in these parts :p

gaiages

Banned
You delirious sonsofbitches won't trigger me.

All I'll say they are calzones you cunts! Cal-fucking-zones.

Jesus fucking Christ, you sorry sonsofabitches.

And I'm legit blown away by Wurst's chain of events! Some issues that cause a raised eyebrow, but goddamn...This shit turns dating advice on its head.

Calzones you cunts.

giphy.gif

It is completely normal to just give this one girl you've been seeing three times (second date we kissed for those keeping score) to just kinda go radio silent for like a day or two right? We did relay a couple of snapchats yesterday
non-nude
but other than that these past days have been whatever. It's Spring Break also!

She works 5 days a week, and our schedules just haven't been lining up as they should and we live 10 miles between each other and just like the awesome man I am, I don't have a car nor a license. It's SF, I never needed one.

Shit like that shouldn't matter right? That a turn off for some folk?

Also kudos to Wurst, bout time someone got a happy ending in these parts :p

it's just 2 days, I would not panic about being ghosted just yet.

Leeness

There are more happy endings than you think! They just, er, usually stop posting here, lol!

It's the pain of being an OT about only one stage of the relationship process. ._.

Next one should be dating and relationship OT. I love reading all the stories :)

Did I ever post about the tinder date where the girl called me a liar about my height, while in the middle of coffee?

Actually can't remember if I told someone that story, or posted it here. The lines are bluring.

Edit: yes yes I did.

Anyway been seeing a girl from work for the last while though it may be wrapping up. Some of the heat didn't seem to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom