• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Family of Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch seeks arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

So then why would you make a definitive statement about his whereabouts when you have no idea on his location?

I called you out about this last time and you stammered about. you're clearly in defense of this man.

I said he didn't "bounce with his money." All we know definitively is he no longer has a relationship with those lawyers.

benjipwns

Banned
By saying manslaughter you already are making a claim about his state of mind.
Or, I didn't care enough to figure out the exact Florida statues and gave him the benefit of the doubt as I said.

Thankfully, he's charged now, so nobody will whine I say Zimmerman should be charged.

I think I'd rather they charge him with manslaughter if they feel that there isn't a strong enough case to get him convicted of murder. The worst case scenario (assuming that he was not attacked without provocation, which seems extremely unlikely) would be for him to be brought up on murder charges that don't stick due to lack of evidence. Unfortunately, the entire case was severely jeopardized by the horrible way in which the Sanford police handled the situation. I'm just glad that they are finally bringing charges against him, though. Hopefully he hasn't already fled the country.

Imm0rt4l

So then why would you make a definitive statement about his whereabouts when you have no idea on his location?

I called you out about this last time and you stammered about. you're clearly in defense of this man.

To her credit, wasn't anything wrong in trying to correct the guy. But you're right that she made it seem definitive, so that wasn't really correcting anything. We can't really conclude one way or the other like you said.

And your sentiments mirror my own about peoples defense of zimmerman. It's a little disconcerting when a posters only contribution is making corrections in defense of zimmerman, but whatever.

Allard

I think I'd rather they charge him with manslaughter if they feel that there isn't a strong enough case to get him convicted of murder. The worst case scenario (assuming that he was not attacked without provocation, which seems extremely unlikely) would be for him to be brought up on murder charges that don't stick due to lack of evidence. Unfortunately, the entire case was severely jeopardized by the horrible way in which the Sanford police handled the situation. I'm just glad that they are finally bringing charges against him, though. Hopefully he hasn't already fled the country.

They can do multiple charges in a courtroom at one time. Whatever the prosecution 'thinks' he is guilty of they can charge Zimmerman, they must of course prove it in court and he might only get charged with Manslaughter or not at all (Its up to the court system) but you put all the possible charges on the table from the start.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
ibxmujSnEnqaJE.gif

Liked the first one better :p

benjipwns

Banned
Here's a smart guy.

Imm0rt4l

This actually crossed my mind as well.

edit: not going to get into an argument of semantics.

jesus christ.

If you come up to me and say "I'm going to shoot you if you don't put on this Lollipop Chainsaw outfit for PAX" and you shoot me when I don't.

People can say I made the wrong decision.

That doesn't mean you have the right or justification or protection to kill me.

I can't tell you if Trayvon would be alive today if he explained things to Zimmerman, I'm not going to ever claim he would be. I'm saying it's more sensible option.

What's the worst that happens if he explains himself to Zimmerman, he gets shot and dies?

That's where he's at now.

Now please, join up and let everyone take this out of context despite the fact I want Zimmerman to go to trial.

Wasn't really lawyering. I'd rather it go to court whatever the charges.

I get your dissent though.

People can say whatever they want. Doesn't make them right. If someone is getting robbed and they don't give up their wallet fast enough and get shot in the head I'd disagree with someone saying or insinuating that the victim made the mistake.

If someone is about to get sexually assaulted and doesn't remove their clothes fast enough I'd disagree with someone saying or insinuating that the victim made the mistake.

I just think it's wrong to blame or insinuate an error on the part of the victim. That's really all. He shouldn't be obligated to do anything different. He did what you're suppose to do: Keep walking, resist if you need to, scream for help. He wasn't the aggressor in this. Zimmerman was. That responsibility of doing things differently if given the chance should be on him and him alone.

Who knows what would maybe might have possible could have happened if Trayvon was as submissive as humanly possible. But we do know what would have happened if Zimmerman would have stayed in his car and waited for the police: Not a damned thing.

PK Gaming

He's being charged?

(deep breath)

AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hi five guys, it's been a long run but there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Cya around.

demigod

/giggle , just saw the news on cnn that he'll be charged. The question remains, will he come out and will the Martin family sue the SPD and Wolfinger for their corruption?

To answer Equaps question, thus thread will go on because people like Zoe will never accept that they were wrong.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Now comes the hard part. And I really hope they don't over-reach and go for a murder charge due to public sentiment. Unless they have a lot of evidence that hasn't been made public I just don't see how they could prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom