• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I don't understand what the season pass has to do with your stance on pre-order stuff. You don't have to pre-order the season pass. You can just wait and pick it up once all of the characters have been announced. The price won't go up.

Just the general idea of preselling content for little actual benefit, as it pertains to video game culture nowadays. Time value of money, and all that jazz.

I did preorder the standard edition though, as beta access fulfills my subjective and arbitrary personal threshold of value.

Skeeter49

Can't wait for Bulma to be confirmed for FighterZ with this as her costume.
maxresdefault.jpg

Can be sure at the very least it'll get Evilore excited. And Vegeta will beat the shit out of him, bonus.

Hype Man

Neo Member
I've never bought a fighting game season pass before, but I might grab this since I love DB. Do they tell you who is on the pass beforehand? Because I don't wanna pay $40 and end up with chars like Dr.Gero,Bardock,etc. I'll buy if they specify Super characters exclusively

Big0Bear

Just the general idea of preselling content for little actual benefit, as it pertains to video game culture nowadays. Time value of money, and all that jazz.

I did preorder the standard edition though, as beta access fulfills my subjective and arbitrary personal threshold of value.

The beta that happened over summer?

I’m with you thought new game releases are bull with passes being announced

Steroyd

I've never bought a fighting game season pass before, but I might grab this since I love DB. Do they tell you who is on the pass beforehand? Because I don't wanna pay $40 and end up with chars like Dr.Gero,Bardock,etc. I'll buy if they specify Super characters exclusively

No they roll out DLC as it comes, season passes is always a blind faith in the company so you're better off waiting till they release character(s) you're interested in before shelling out.

Cerbero

That decision would fall on the publisher, Bandai Namco. It's better to look at Xenoverse and Tekken for an idea of how the DLC will go.

Fair enough. What were you basing your price on?

A season pass is $50 for CoD and $40 for AC Origins. Xenoverse character packs are a bit cheaper at around $3 per character, but look at what you get in a Xenoverse character compared to what you get in a FighterZ character. To me there's a clear difference in quality.

I would be surprised if Beerus, Goku Black and Hit are all left to DLC. I expect at least 2 of the 3 in the base roster, if not all 3.

I don't understand what the season pass has to do with your stance on pre-order stuff. You don't have to pre-order the season pass. You can just wait and pick it up once all of the characters have been announced. The price won't go up.

I do think Bandai Namco expected people to understand the concept without having to explain it in detail. Not sure if I fault Namco or the consumer there, but I get the misunderstanding.

The simple fact of the matter is that no one has to buy the season pass now. It's not pre-order exclusive. There's nothing lost in waiting until the first DLC arrives before picking up the pass. By then it's likely we'll know most, if not all, of the DLC characters.
Wow, Activision and Ubi really went berserk.

Fair enough, i'll just wait for the Ultra Instinct/Definitive edition at 60€ when all the DLC has rolled out

DrDogg

There's a chance we'll know all the DLC characters before launch, but it's far from certain. At the very least, we'll probably know the first few around launch time so you won't have to go in completely blind.

I doubt it will be exclusively Super characters. I don't even think we have 8 characters that will be fleshed out enough for DLC. Cabba, Cauli, Kale, Jiren... Future Mai? I'm expecting Beerus, Hit and Goku Black to be in the base roster. I guess you can come up with one or two more, but even Jiren doesn't have a full moveset yet. Most of the other notable characters haven't really fought much.

Just realized Ultra Instict Goku is probably the last DLC

TY1Cm0B.gif

I think I'd prefer UI Goku to just be an install for SSB Goku. I'm not sure we need an entirely new character for UI. Might be cool for a second round of DLC, but there are so many characters they'd be passing up just to have *another* version of Goku.

The JPN site appears to have the modes that are going to in the game. Looks like a Vs CPU along with story. Can't really tell what else is there.

Anyway, day 1.

BreakAtmo

Fair enough. What were you basing your price on?

A season pass is $50 for CoD and $40 for AC Origins. Xenoverse character packs are a bit cheaper at around $3 per character, but look at what you get in a Xenoverse character compared to what you get in a FighterZ character. To me there's a clear difference in quality.

It's a good price compared to other season passes and DLC stuff, but I think what a lot of people are comparing it to is actually the base game. You say that $4.38 per character is a good deal, but by that logic a $60 game would be good with only 12-13 characters. It's likely that they have to price DLC higher since less people buy it, but I think that's the comparison many are making - possibly without even realising it.

Steroyd

Wow, Activision and Ubi really went berserk.

Fair enough, i'll just wait for the Ultra Instinct/Definitive edition at 60€ when all the DLC has rolled out

That IS the Ultimate edition selling for the maximum amount on the PSN store right now, publishers are turning the $100 versions of their games into the GOTY versions next year, for example I bought the Fallout 4 +season pass bundle months before the GOTY version came out and when they did release it, it was already marked as purchased on my store, the funny thing was it ended up being cheaper for me to buy the bundle months prior so I'd suggest you keep an eye out for sales then again Xenoverse 2 was godawful with that.

There's a chance we'll know all the DLC characters before launch, but it's far from certain. At the very least, we'll probably know the first few around launch time so you won't have to go in completely blind.

I doubt it will be exclusively Super characters. I don't even think we have 8 characters that will be fleshed out enough for DLC. Cabba, Cauli, Kale, Jiren... Future Mai? I'm expecting Beerus, Hit and Goku Black to be in the base roster. I guess you can come up with one or two more, but even Jiren doesn't have a full moveset yet. Most of the other notable characters haven't really fought much.

I think I'd prefer UI Goku to just be an install for SSB Goku. I'm not sure we need an entirely new character for UI. Might be cool for a second round of DLC, but there are so many characters they'd be passing up just to have *another* version of Goku.

I agree, but if Jiren and UI Goku were the last 2 on that DLC list and I'm just assuming we'll get one character a month, it could be 7 or 8 months after release when we get them. This arc will be long done by that time and we should have a more complete moveset by then. I honestly expect Broly and Caulifla to be the first couple of DLC characters.

I don't think we'll get Broly and Kale, unless they differentiate the two enough. It's definitely possible though with Kale's control of the Legendary SSJ form; they can do something with that while Broly is permanently berserk.

Fj0823

I don't think we'll get Broly and Kale, unless they differentiate the two enough. It's definitely possible though with Kale's control of the Legendary SSJ form; they can do something with that while Broly is permanently berserk.

Yep, she could charge her light attacks into berserk punches

Plus, she looks so much better than Broly in her control form

BreakAtmo

I was just thinking the same. Have Broly be the game's Hugo, a slow, hulking damage dealer with close physical ki attacks. Kale could use her more straightforward controlled Super Saiyan form with Berserk as a super. Or maybe she could have a setup where her controlled form is fast and her Berserk form is powerful, with the two modes giving her a lot of options in combat, but she has to pay some super meter every time she switches.

I'm pretty sure broly isn't the mindless berserker you guys claim he is.... he just a big murderous asshole.

Also can we just get regular super saiyan broly from the second movie and throw that whole lssj shit in the trash.

DrDogg

It's a good price compared to other season passes and DLC stuff, but I think what a lot of people are comparing it to is actually the base game. You say that $4.38 per character is a good deal, but by that logic a $60 game would be good with only 12-13 characters. It's likely that they have to price DLC higher since less people buy it, but I think that's the comparison many are making - possibly without even realising it.

Yeah, I don't really get this line of thought. You could make that argument about all DLC for the most part. I just don't understand why it's such a bit issue now with FighterZ. Is it just the Dragon Ball community? Xenoverse 2 DLC was announced pre-launch as well and wasn't priced in line with the main game, but no one seemed to complain about that.

I agree, but if Jiren and UI Goku were the last 2 on that DLC list and I'm just assuming we'll get one character a month, it could be 7 or 8 months after release when we get them. This arc will be long done by that time and we should have a more complete moveset by then. I honestly expect Broly and Caulifla to be the first couple of DLC characters.

I do expect Jiren to be one of the last DLC characters, and I agree that Broly will be one of the first, but I think Caulifla could fall somewhere in the middle. And I still don't really want another Goku before the second batch of DLC (assuming we get a second batch). Just too many characters I'd rather have instead of Goku 4 or 5.

Yeah, I don't really get this line of thought. You could make that argument about all DLC for the most part. I just don't understand why it's such a bit issue now with FighterZ. Is it just the Dragon Ball community? Xenoverse 2 DLC was announced pre-launch as well and wasn't priced in line with the main game, but no one seemed to complain about that.

I do expect Jiren to be one of the last DLC characters, and I agree that Broly will be one of the first, but I think Caulifla could fall somewhere in the middle. And I still don't really want another Goku before the second batch of DLC (assuming we get a second batch). Just too many characters I'd rather have instead of Goku 4 or 5.

Like someone said they could just make him an install for SSB Goku. There isn't enough info on how UI works so we'll have to wait and see.

Typhares

This month's Jump release revealed Gotenks, Adult Gohan and Kidd Buu.

There's also some info on modes where players can spend in-game Zeni for colors, and that there's an Arcade mode.

Source: https://gematsu.com/2017/11/dragon-ball-fighterz-adds-gotenks-kid-buu-adult-gohan

I had seen the speculation about Ultimate Gohan and Kid Buu as some people noticed that Fat Buu and Kid Gohan had a qualifier in brackets next to their name in the latest demo.
Great news, love these characters!

Hoshigumi

I had seen the speculation about Ultimate Gohan and Kid Buu as some people noticed that Fat Buu and Kid Gohan had a qualifier in brackets next to their name in the latest demo.
Great news, love these characters!

In the humble words of Super Mario

Waaaaaaaaaaahooooooooooooooooooooo!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So yeah in the arcade section in the scans, apparently you can see Beerus and Hit's icons. Or at least Beerus anyway. Hit looks like Ginyu or Freeza's icon.

I think that all the characters from Z are done, if they have others than it will be super/gt/movies at this point
Vegito

Unless they put vegito blue or save him for dlc.

Also yes!!! To gotenks I wish he was in base form but I get it his ssj3 is his most iconic look

Edit: reading the kid buu description it makes it seem like his planet burst is a instakill.

kunonabi

Roster for me is now pretty much complete. Anybody else is just gravy.

Mystic Gohan/Cell/Yamcha all day, everyday.

I'd probably field a secondary team if Videl and Zarbon made it in though.

Top Bottom