• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mobile -OT-

Owari

Screen_Shot_2017_10_24_at_11.16.58_PM.1508901257.png

Official Site:
https://ac-pocketcamp.com/en-US/site

animal-crossing.jpg

Direct:
https://youtu.be/Dr2wXiwgNd0

Digest:
https://youtu.be/CJFy521mInk

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is a game about exploring nature, making friends, and collecting cool items to help you create the campsite of your dreams!
AC/PC is available as a free download, but you can also purchase in-game items called Leaf Tickets using real money.

vgslwvuvb2tbdf1ylmkn.png

You can also acquire Leaf Tickets for free.

DM88QuyUIAAV9cT

Areas:
Island, Beach, Forest, Beach, River
Travel between them with the camper

Animal_Crossing_Pocket_Camp_fruits_en_SP.png

Breezy Hollow (Fruit Harvesting Area)
Walking around to shake trees around
Harvest a variety of fruits
Trade and interact with Villagers here
Trade fruit for materials to craft furniture
(1 Apple traded for 100 bells and 2 Cotton x2)

Play in real time
Certain Animals visit at certain times!

Animal_Crossing_Pocket_Camp_fishing_en_SP.png

You & Your Camper
Customize Skin Tone, Gender and hair color.
Customize Camper both inside and out!
Inside: Like a tiny AC house, with addable loft. (30,000 bells upgrade?!)

Building an Amenity
Like a great work in AC
Leaf Tickets speed up the process

Animal_Crossing_Pocket_Camp_opening_en_SP.png

Growing your Campsite:
Seasonal Events
Outfits through future game updates

Animal_Crossing_Pocket_Camp_obje_en_SP.png

Friends:
Share Player ID with friends with the game to visit other’s campsites
Exchange bells for their fish, fruit, or bugs. (Market Box)
Give Kudos, become friends and you can visit anytime

Animal_Crossing_Pocket_Camp_craft_en_SP.png

Placing a Craft Order:
Craft items with Cyrus, cost is cotton and 400bells.
Place Animals favorite items to make them visit
Each Animal has their own friendship level
Leveling up friendship level makes it more common to have a visit
Craft Clothing at the clothing trucks, the selection of each store rotates, like the mainline games.

Animal_Crossing_Pocket_Camp_pool_en_SP.png

Craft Materials and Requests:
Many items available to craft
The ability to mark items as favorites is present

Animal_Crossing_Pocket_Camp_OKmotors_en_SP.png

LeafTickets:
Supplement materials for cashola.
Achieve Leaf Tickets by leveling up in the game
They Speed up Cyrus building processes off furniture and amenities
Exchange for Throw Mat for fishing or Honey for bug trapping
Use them to enter Shuffle Strike Quarry to mine minerals to gain tons of bells.
They can be earned by completing various goals.

Animal_Crossing_Pocket_Camp_miyama_en_SP.png

Sunburst Island:
Great place for catching bugs, fish and to gather materials.
Animals request specific bugs, items and flowers, will reward.

This thread to be updated with Friend IDs and GAF trading soon! :) enjoy that second job you’ll need to spend hundreds on this. I heard Uber is ok.

The Hermit

is this true? I though it was another fake thread

this week there will be a purge, next week things will be normal-er

Camjo-Z

Super Mario Run was a good start but after Fire Emblem Heroes turned out to be a way worse game that made way more money I don't have high hopes for Animal Crossing. Fully expecting some generic city builder type game, please surprise me Nintendo.

EdgeXL

Fire Emblem wasn't too bad on the microtransactions. You could build a decent team without buying into them.

Hoping Animal Crossing is not diluted into a city builder/management game and I also hope bells won't require real money.

Curious to see how it toes the line between F2P and a full-fledged release. If it's more akin to a full AC release, I'm not so sure they'll bother releasing AC on the Switch.

Either way, looking forward to checking this out!

Very curious to see the pricing model. Should be free with microtransactions, imo. I know that may be a dirty word around here but it makes perfect sense for Animal Crossing and will be a huge money maker for Nintendo.

Taichu

I'm curious to see what they do with this on mobile. Super Mario Run stayed pretty close to actual Mario gameplay, but tweaked to better work on mobile. Never bothered with the Fire Emblem game.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Very curious to see the pricing model. Should be free with microtransactions, imo. I know that may be a dirty word around here but it makes perfect sense for Animal Crossing and will be a huge money maker for Nintendo.

Slippery slope depending on how it's implemented.

But I'm excited to see what they do!

Andyliini

So, there actually will be a Direct after all in October. I was thinking this could be a first month since March without one. I like Directs, so one a month would be a great pace.

This is all Off-topic, though, as I'm not personally Animal Crossing fan.

korona15

Banned
Goddamnit, I was misspelling EviLore all this time. I was putting in two L’s, like EvilLore. Silly me! Anyway, EviLore is a creepy piece of garbage who should ban himself from his own shitty, alt-right piece of shit web forum. You Know, NeoGAF. A place for creeps.

Anyway, EviLore is a creepy piece of garbage who should ban himself from his own shitty, alt-right piece of shit web forum. You Know, NeoGAF. A place for creeps.

Wait. When has GAF ever been Alt-Right.........? You must have not been here for long if you think that.

On-Topic:

I really hope this turns out to be awesome. Nintendo (As much as I hate them for the NES & SNES Classic bullshit) has a good opportunity for multiplayer with this game on mobile phones.

LaserHawk

I don't expect the full Animal Crossing experience on your phone. But what I do think we'll get is at least the ability to collect things (like furniture) and interact with villagers. This is probably where the microtransactions will come in.

I imagine furniture and villagers will work like loot boxes where you pay money but don't get to choose what you receive.

I'm sure there will be a maintenance aspect to it, too. You log in daily, you pull weeds, you pick fruit, etc.

Sojiro

Zero since they specifically mentioned no Switch news in the announcement.

Bah damn. Hope we'll still see an AC title on the switch sometime down the road. Jesus can't even comment on an Animal Crossing game without seeing people committing account suicide..

Wunkerful

Neo Member
I haven't played animal crossing in years because I didn't feel buying their new consoles was justifiable, but if this is a legit game on mobile I will absolutely buy it.

Can a mod change that to animal crossing mobile direct ot or something. We cant have an ot for something that wont be out for a few months. Its likely to cause some confusion.
Also i wouldnt be shocked if there was the tiniest snippet of switch news.

Robin64

Mildly excited for this, as Animal Crossing was my favourite 3DS game. But I am expecting something far closer to a F2P gacha Happy Home Designer. And that's okay, honestly, for a mobile game. I know we're not going to get a full-fat AC.

Top Bottom