• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 announced (360, Xbox One), releasing this fall

Sid

Thx.

This isn't enough to tempt me at $399. Still need $299 for me to buy a kinectless xbone at this point.

I am a console graphics whore, I always have the top performing console. And IMO there's no way FH is going to be able to compete with #Driveclub visually for the fact that you are dealing with about 600 less gigaflops in power for the xbone (equivalent to two 360's duct taped on), and much less memory bandwidth.

So it's going to take something else to get me to spend another $399 plus $50.

Also the fact that a new Gran Tourismo is incoming, and that Project Cars on PS4 will use Morpheus.

I'm sure previous fans will love the game regardless though.
Wow.

c0de

i didn't like forza horizon at all. loved forza 4 but horizon no. i was playing them with fanatec csr and elite pedals. i think they have rushed things to catch up with Drive club. i really hope it's a good game this time.

What? There was close to nothing regarding DC when Horizon was in full development.

amar212

Anyone trying to argue this isn't becoming like COD is a might bit wrong imo.

Microsoft publicly and officially announced 2 years ago how Forza will be annual franchise, with Motorsport and Horizon switching places every odd-year.

What is the real issue here?

Sid

Microsoft publicly and officially announced 2 years ago how Forza will be annual franchise, with Motorsport and Horizon switching places every odd-year.

What is the real issue here?
That Forza is a story driven game and its plot is being run into the ground also no new gameplay mechanics,where are dem airplanes at?

ekim

I guess we can expect the IGN preview the same time like the reveal yesterday?

edit: Next time I check the page before. :p

FordGTGuy

Banned
i didn't like forza horizon at all. loved forza 4 but horizon no. i was playing them with fanatec csr and elite pedals. i think they have rushed things to catch up with Drive club. i really hope it's a good game this time.

hrCysRL.gif

I don't know what's worse, suggesting that Horizon is playing catch up when it's releasing on the expected schedule or claiming that Horizon 2 is playing catch up to a game that's been delayed almost 8 months now.

That Forza is a story driven game and its plot is being run into the ground also no new gameplay mechanics,where are dem airplanes at?

Boats first plskthx

hrCysRL.gif

I don't know what's worse, suggesting that Horizon is playing catch up when it's releasing on the expected schedule or claiming that Horizon 2 is playing catch up to a game that's been delayed almost 8 months now.

The worst thing is the suggestion that a sequel to one of the finest racing games of the last generation is trying to catch up to a new unproven IP.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, Driveclub is nothing like Forza Horizon other than the fact that they have cars. One's seeming in a more controlled environment and the other is open world. Driveclub does look like a more accessible GT where as Horizon always came off to me as a MUCH better Test Drive Unlimited.
Boats first plskthx

The lack of a surfing or boat game with next-gen water does depress me. Maybe PS4/Xbone GTA V will work some magic.

muse41

Banned
I'm already expecting the automatic 10/10 scores and the "must get now!" From polygon and from Ryan mccaffrey from ign.

I think y'all are ignoring the rumours about MS paying Sony to delay Drive Club so they could rush Horizon 2 into development.

I mean who really bought the delayed for menu excuse Evo tried to sell us?

Out of curiosity how good is sumo digital at porting? I will get it on the Xbox one as long as its doesn't feel like an aweful grind because of monetery transactions again. I really hope they remove that from this one.

After being clarified that XB1 version and 360 version will be handled by different studios and developed by different engines, there are still persons coming in to downplay this game.

Ridiculous as hell!!!!!

What do you expect in an Xbox thread? This crap couldn't be done in a Sony thread.

Thx.

Wow.

What exactly was so wow about that? A kinectless Xbox One would sell really well at 299 and from a tech standpoint that is where it belongs imo too.

If they can do Europe like no one else and it has great IQ then this game should be great. On the other hand, we have yet to even see a screen and it's coming out this fall. Not ever a good sign imo.

derFeef

What exactly was so wow about that? A kinectless Xbox One would sell really well at 299 and from a tech standpoint that is where it belongs imo too.

If they can do Europe like no one else and it has great IQ then this game should be great. On the other hand, we have yet to even see a screen and it's coming out this fall. Not ever a good sign imo.

There will be screens in a few hours. No reason to panic.

Sigh, what was Polygon's problem with the game? That it wasn't like Forza?

It's actually the lowest score from any reviewer given to the game. Just by looking at the review they say the world is too empty is their biggest complaint.

Not that I agree with them. It's BY FAR the greatest Forza game for me

p3tran

Banned

can you take your nonsense and move out of this thread please?

we'll be sure to let you know when you can buy an xbone at the price you like. until then....

Taking the convo back to the fact that Forza Horizon 2 was announced, I have to say I am very pleased that in a few short months , it will be mine.
one thing I loved was how accessible it was in the first game. I loved driving around for hours checking out the landscapes and choosing the challenges. My biggest gripe with 1 was that being only in Colorado, the scenery tended to repeat alot. Looking forward to a much larger driving area and more varied scenery. The first was a very Zen game for me and I expect the second one to be more so.
2014 is ending up to be better than I expected with this, Sunset Overdrive and the rumored Halo collection. Also Below, D4 and KI season 2 its gonna be a fun fall.

can you take your nonsense and move out of this thread please?

we'll be sure to let you know when you can buy an xbone at the price you like. until then....

I have an Xbox One lol? At any rate as long as the screen show improvement from Forza's IQ I will be just fine.

ekim

Taking the convo back to the fact that Forza Horizon 2 was announced, I have to say I am very pleased that in a few short months , it will be mine.
one thing I loved was how accessible it was in the first game. I loved driving around for hours checking out the landscapes and choosing the challenges. My biggest gripe with 1 was that being only in Colorado, the scenery tended to repeat alot. Looking forward to a much larger driving area and more varied scenery. The first was a very Zen game for me and I expect the second one to be more so.
2014 is ending up to be better than I expected with this, Sunset Overdrive and the rumored Halo collection. Also Below, D4 and KI season 2 its gonna be a fun fall.

This! I hope with the weather system we get some actual falling snow while driving along a mountain pass in cockpit view during the night. <3

GlamFM

Banned

I found the scenery in Colorado to be varied enough, but hey, more is always better.

The one thing I definitely want more of is story and cutscenes. Weird right?
Although it was kind of horrible it did add to the atmosphere.

Development details have eased my concerns. I was worried this was a 360 game with an XB1 polished port. That doesn't seem to be the case so bring on the preview, the first game was fantastic!

Also I'm glad they have chosen a location other than the USA. A refreshing change for sure!

ekim

Development details have eased my concerns. I was worried this was a 360 game with an XB1 polished port. That doesn't seem to be the case so bring on the preview, the first game was fantastic!

I'm only worried that the game on both systems is very different and I might have to get both versions.:eek:

Hoo-doo

Banned
The rain shots look ace.

But these are bullshots until proven otherwise. Screenshots mean very little this day and age.
VIDEO NOWWWW

Top Bottom