• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Got the W thanks to Kareem Hunt mostly.

Carson Wentz turned out to be a solid start. Even without OBJ, I survived with Garcon, Fitzgerald, and Watkins.

Kinda concerned about DeMarco Murray. Then again, gamescript was against him but we'll see how the next few weeks go.

ZOONAMI

Man, in my 2qb league Ive lost David Johnson, Allen Robinson, and Andy Dalton is my qb2. Sensing a shit season. Can't complain after winning regular season 2 years in a row though.

So I have

Cam Newton
David Johnson
Hyde
Cooper
G Tate
A Robinson
Jimmy Graham
Andy Dalton
D Hunter DP
Atlanta D
M Prater

Bench

Mike Wallace
Paul Perkins
Jay Cutler
Jaquizz Rodgers
Zay Jones

Need to make some moves on the waiver wire for Johnson and Robinson being out. Icing on the cake is I'm 10th in waiver order

So L for the 1st game and I'm sure many more

jfkgoblue

This year I have David Johnson and Allen Robinson..... Time to dive deep into the waiver.
Ouch, you gotta find this year's OBJ at this point, the guy in 2014 who won our league was pretty much dead and had no WRs left, so he basically just picked up a random WR off the WW, OBJ.

DCX

DCX
Ouch, you gotta find this year's OBJ at this point, the guy in 2014 who won our league was pretty much dead and had no WRs left, so he basically just picked up a random WR off the WW, OBJ.
Year one of my money league was the same way. Winner was the person who got Beckham.

DCX

phanphare

Banned
I want to say I picked up obj that year a few weeks before he played and made it to the championship only to lose by 8 points because of andrew luck's sorry ass

I think that was the year luck put up a goose egg in the championship game after having a crazy season

jfkgoblue

I want to say I picked up obj that year a few weeks before he played and made it to the championship only to lose by 8 points because of andrew luck's sorry ass

I think that was the year luck put up a goose egg in the championship game after having a crazy season
Sounds about right, the two teams in the league championship game had Luck and OBJ.

SaviorX

Sounds about right, the two teams in the league championship game had Luck and OBJ.
I was lucky and unlucky enough to have both Luck and Beckham that year. Luck faced the Cowboys and did absolutely thing while Odell went off.

Won me the chip 😭🏈💍

UberTag

Yep, that was my fate as well. Had Luck, had Beckham, lost the championship game by less than 4 points because of that shit game against the Cowboys that I will NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR.

Hell, I'm not sure I'll ever draft another Colt again.

Hey guys. Looking for some advice. Very new to this and I honestly don't follow football that much but so far I've enjoyed doing research for my work's fantasy league that I'm filling in a slot for after someone dropped out last minute.

Basically I'm looking at my QB situation. QB1 is Russel Wilson who didn't look great behind a paper-thin o-line and it'll likely cost me week 1 assuming my opponents QB (Brees) puts up really any points at all. I'm not sure I wanna give up on Wilson but what I saw of the game really wasn't encouraging. My QB2 is Eli Manning who I'm not crazy about.

Anyway Alex Smith is on waivers and I'm wondering what you guys think about dropping Eli in case his game against NE signals an upward trend for him. Am I knee-jerking here? Just kinda bummed both my QBs put up single digit scores this week :(

Just for giggles here's some other moves I'm looking at:

Add Cooper Kupp, Drop Thomas Rawls
Add Tarik Cohen, Drop Zay Jones

I'm waiver number 3. Any thoughts? I'm a noob at this.

jfkgoblue

Hey guys. Looking for some advice. Very new to this and I honestly don't follow football that much but so far I've enjoyed doing research for my work's fantasy league that I'm filling in a slot for after someone dropped out last minute.

Basically I'm looking at my QB situation. QB1 is Russel Wilson who didn't look great behind a paper-thin o-line and it'll likely cost me week 1 assuming my opponents QB (Brees) puts up really any points at all. I'm not sure I wanna give up on Wilson but what I saw of the game really wasn't encouraging. My QB2 is Eli Manning who I'm not crazy about.

Anyway Alex Smith is on waivers and I'm wondering what you guys think about dropping Eli in case his game against NE signals an upward trend for him. Am I knee-jerking here? Just kinda bummed both my QBs put up single digit scores this week :(

First off, your waiver line is gonna reset after tonight's games (typically the least amount of points scored gets first WW)

About Alex Smith: I wouldn't pick him up honestly, we've had a decade of him being a very pedestrian QB and one week isn't enough imo to grab him. Also unless you are in a league that plays 2 QBs at once, don't bother having a second QB on your bench, just stream a QB in your QB1's bye week.

NYR

I hope. But Xavier Rhodes will probably be on him all game so Brees might target his other Targets more often.
Looks like you're going to be fine, Bree's is doing poo poo in this game. You just need the Denver D to not score a TD.

Just need Hunter Henry to get 13 points in a PPR leage and we'll be tied...hopefully Cook can get 9 more yards.

That would be hilarious if Cook beat Peterson's record.

Stick with Wilson. He always starts slow and historically GB has his number. Plus I think he plays the 49ers next week. And unless you REALLY need a RB, I wouldn't drop Kupp for part of a 4 way RBBC that's fresh off of an injury and has a bottom 5 o line in front of him

phanphare

Banned
decision to flex fleener justified

god I need those tb/miami players back lol

so I won in one league and lost in the other where hunt went off on thursday so I had already accepted the L

good week 1

So you lost. Fitting your reputation.

I'll knock down your pillar right now c'mere you

giphy.gif

tbh I actually feel pretty good about this, I got hosed Week 1 because of the hurricane and still only lost by around 4 in 2 leagues.

I also avoided the injury bug

phanphare

Banned
so I actually ended up playing ajayi lol, already won and am sitting gordon just in case

sometimes you really do need a predictable floor of 0!

Top Bottom