• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

silva1991

So 6th dungeon.
Am I underleveled going for the treasure at level 53? I was a few levels above the average until the night before the heist when it suddenly skyrocketed up to 58.

Not even close to being underleveled. You're good.

Frimaire

Ugh, after
Strength
rank 10, I don't know whether to do all my fusion now, or wait until I get Max Arcana Burst...
I should get it at like the end of the
6th
palace, yeah?

JJShadow

What are guys playing after P5? I completed Nioh, Yakuza and Nier before P5. It has been a good year.

I managed to complete Yakuza 0, Nioh, RE7, Horizon and Nier before Persona 5, so much greatness.

After P5 I think I'll grab a Switch and go hard on BOTW

Choosing this year's GOTY is gonna be impossible

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Regarding the final dungeon (spoilers):

The dungeon feels like Phantom Thieves take GAF's heart for some reason lol.

SHarris78

Finished the second dungeon last night, man that painting boss was tough. I'm playing on easy, I managed to beat him but 2 of my team were down and the two left had the smallest slithers of HP/SP remaining.

Better do some grinding in Mementos before getting to dungeon 3.

I thought Futaba was gonna
be some lame cliche anime character
based on her design but
omg she is such a deeper character
. Love this game :)

Dragner

I thought Futaba was gonna
be some lame cliche anime character
based on her design but
omg she is such a deeper character
. Love this game :)

Futaba has one of the better S.Links. probably the best romance scene. And the most funny storyline moments. Why also having deep motivations and focus when required. For me the best character by far.

Toki767

What are guys playing after P5? I completed Nioh, Yakuza and Nier before P5. It has been a good year.

If I don't attempt to platinum Persona 5 (I think all I'd realistically need is the compendium and beating
the twins
in NG+), then I probably should start Breath of the Wild at some point while releases are still few and far between.

WTF. I'm suddenly 7 levels below the average. Did I miss something?! I need to start trying to level up...

Just means most people go through the Palace or Mementos by that point, don't panic.

The thing I've found being around the average level is that.. I'm overlevelled for everything. :/

jmartoine

Want to pick this up but can't get a physical copy until May. Pondering whether to get it digital or make my way through some of my backlog until it is back in stock.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Credits rolling after 130 hours. Absolutely incredible game.

First persona I've played and holy shit did they knock it out of the park. This and Zelda back to back are some of the best games I've played in years.

I'm only at the second palace, heh. I've been playing Bloodborne and Persona 5 simultaneously, so if I'm not done with Bloodborne when I finish Persona 5, it'll be Bloodborne. Otherwise, I still have Dragon Quest 8 3DS waiting for me. Can't wait to play that.

kromeo

I still have Zelda, DQ8, Nioh ongoing, the rate I'm going Persona will be the first of those I finish (not sure I'll finish Zelda)

I want to replay Persona 3 at some point but maybe not straight after

Moaradin

Question regarding Luck Reading:

I'm not completely sure how this works. When I do it and go to the diner I get 2 points instead of 1, but what if I do it on something that already gives 2 or 3 points? I tried and there's no difference in the animation. Is there an actual increase despite the animation being the same or am I wasting my money?

evilsin

This game is not ending like at all, lol. I'm like "Ooh, looks like the final dungeon, cool. Wait, why doesn't the game end. Oh, okay, there is another dungeon, maybe it'll be the last one. Nope, evilsin, think again." I wonder if I'll finish tonight, haha.

Jintor

soooooooooo i just heard a rumour you can draw on the chalkboard in front of class and sometimes it gives you a free guts sub-point? Can anyone verify?

I started a NG+ once I finished but I wasn't enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Knowing the layout of the dungeons already just kinda made it a slog to play through again even though you are one shoting almost everything. When I thought about having to go through the third palace and afterwards again I felt very disinterested.

It doesn't help that unlike Persona 4 (and maybe Persona 3 I can't remember) there is a rather big lack of replayability since you don't have clubs this time around to give you different characters to experience certain S-links through. Persona 4 has two different S-links that are different based off of what club you join but nothing even remotely like that in Persona 5, and since I was literally 5 days away from maxing all of mine the first time around anyway sitting through all of them again kinda feels like a chore (yeah I can skip through them but still meh).

It also doesn't help that the different events like the festivals and trips just aren't very interesting or very enjoyable. I like the cast of this game a lot but it certainly feels like they have a certain lack of development of being friends outside of being the Phantom Thieves.

So instead I thought I'd go back and replay Persona 4 again and man I'm surprised how well it still plays. Despite the numerous gameplay improvements P5 made theres a few things that I think they went to far with like fast travel, its perfect in Persona 4, taking you between locations but still making you walk around a little bit to see the world, where as in P5 you just literally teleport to everywhere you want to go and never really need to walk around and its easy to miss talking to different NPC's or over hearing other peoples conversations about things when I can just literally teleport after school from where I'm standing directly to whatever Confidant I want to work on or whatever place I want to go to to raise a stat. There are certainly tons of more locations and things to do in P5 but many of them clearly don't yield nearly as much of a reward as others so if you are trying to get all your stats maxed out ASAP you generally don't do things like going to the batting cages (outside of maybe getting the trophy) because its not worth your time when you could be doing other things.

It's also so easy to get attached to the characters in P4 right away because you spend a lot of time with them right from the get go. You get to see Yosuke acting like an idiot, Chie kicking him in the balls when he breaks her movie, Yosuke having a crush on Saki only to find out shortly later she really couldn't stand him, ect. I know the first 3-6 hours of Persona 4 can be a bit overwhelming and have a huge lack of player input but man it does a great job really making you like these characters early on.

Persona 5 is just in general lacking a feel of real friendship and comradely from the team. They all feel like business partners rather then a group that is truly friends, I really think Persona 5 really needed more outside of PT events or at least have the events that happen changed up somewhat. Going through them...

Spoilers for the various events throughout the game and endgame spoilers!!

The TV Station trip is only used to introduce Akechi.
The Fireworks festival is rained out and ruined.
The Beach trip is surprisingly short and uneventful.
The Hawaii trip is awful because of Ryuji complaining constantly and Mishima fanboying out the entire time.
The School Festival is once again about Akechi and developing the plot rather then any of the characters.

Compare these to the various events in Persona 4 like the camping trip, Mystery food X, the school trip, the school festival, ect. It's just disappointing as some of those are the best events (and at times funniest) events of the entire P4 game and P5's in general just feel either wasted on developing the plot or just lacking in general.

Top Bottom