• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. So it seems I lost my Golden save most likely.

That makes me sad.

edit: This probably seems off topic but we were talking about 4 earlier and I wanted to be sad out loud :(

I beat this game earlier today and I'm unsure if I want to restart it or now.

What are the requirements for the Platinum? Spoiler tag it. I've never Platinum any game before. Where do you even get require info to Platinum a game?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit. So it seems I lost my Golden save most likely.

That makes me sad.

edit: This probably seems off topic but we were talking about 4 earlier and I wanted to be sad out loud :(

Every occasion to replay one of the best RPGs ever is a good one. Rejoice!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That's if you end with an "ok" answer.

There are three:

Red Crosses = Bad
Water drops = Ok
Notes = Good

End with the middle answer and they deny bonding with you but give you an item because they kind of like you.

Ah, not sure then. When I get the red crosses I usually get all out attack since I had some bad memories of them backing out and creaming my team, lol.

I beat this game earlier today and I'm unsure if I want to restart it or now.

What are the requirements for the Platinum? Spoiler tag it. I've never Platinum any game before. Where do you even get require info to Platinum a game?

You can view the trophies and see the list.

For this you need to
complete the compendium and do a NG+ only boss. Also includes max all confidants, read all books, max stats, play all games, stuff like that.

sjay1994

On the topic of Ryuji I think he is fine. As "your bro" character that has been fulfilled by Junpei and Yoskue in the previous games I think he's a good fit.

He has some annoying quirks, like his constant "man, fuck adults attitude" but I felt like he means well. Also he does have reasons for being a punk. Honestly I really like him. Probably the most relatable male confident in the protag's age range (Mishima is just a phanboy, and Yuskue feels a bit too foreign since his gripes are primarily with art, although I enjoy some of his quirkiness)

I'd rank him second of the bro characters in the series above Junpei but under Yoskue.

I just beat the game and it sure was long. It really started to drag a little on the final half.

Minor Endgame Spoilers.
The mini boss rush at the end of the last palace was harder than the final boss itself.

Is it me or is this game really stingy on giving you items that replenish your SP? So many boss fights were such a pain since I was constantly low on it by the time I reached them.

It is, but by that point you have multiple ways to deal with it. Not really anything spoilery to the story but not sure how people feel about certain mechanics being known:
As many have stated, the SP regen accessories from Tae's confidant are great. I had them on my party till I finished.

You can also brew coffee/curry at Leblanc to help restore SP. If you do the Temperance Confidant, it doesn't take any time.

And finally, you can grow vegetables with Haru that regen SP. The carrot restores 100% of a character's SP and they're AMAZING. With the confidant ranked up, you can grow multiple carrots at once too. I had 20+ when I finished and could keep popping them.
It doesn't take up a timeslot but it does take a few days to grow.

I think the moment I realize p5 was off and the worst modern persona was the school trip
nothing interesting or funny happens and at one point the game says "we came all the way from Japan and we're doing the same thing we always do" AHHHHHHHH stop wasting my fucking social time with this stupid shit.

For a game that was delayed like 3 years, persona 5 feels rushed in a lot of areas concerning its story and characters.

I think the moment I realize p5 was off and the worst modern persona was the school trip
nothing interesting or funny happens and at one point the game says "we came all the way from Japan and we're doing the same thing we always do" AHHHHHHHH stop wasting my fucking social time with this stupid shit.

For a game that was delayed like 3 years, persona 5 feels rushed in a lot of areas concerning its story and characters.

The school trip was not a highlight, but there are a ton of great, light-hearted moments outside of that.

megalowho

And done. Thank you Atlus.

Skills maxed and rank 10's across the board.. except for Haru at 9. One more day would have done it. At least I have you, Punch-Ouch.

Big 'ol Endgame Spoilers:
I'm still a little foggy on the creation of Yaldabaoth, when he entered a game with Igor for humanity, how he took control of the velvet room, the time discrepancy between Goro gaining his abilities and the MC if they were supposed to be foils.. maybe it was all there, but I also felt like the translation was tying me up in pivotal moments at times. And Goro just disappears, that's not weird?

Still, enjoyed the finale. The Depths of Mementos is the thematic heart of the game, such a devastatingly great concept. And any time there's velvet room shenanigans I'm down. When you realize you're about to fuse Caroline and Justine.. fuckin' fist pumps.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm a bit bummed I started so late with this series. Looking at footage of the previous games and I doubt I could stomach any of them in modern times aside from P4G if I had a Vita... I might consider buying one to play it, then selling it on if I want to.

It's a real shame, Persona 2 and 3 look like games i'd have adored back in the day.

A.J.

Banned
Endgame spoilers
I forgot is there a save room in the apocalyptic tokyo section or will I have to walk back down to get to the velvet room?

Glad I'm not the only one who hated that. Barely any control and it all felt pointless

The school trip was not a highlight, but there are a ton of great, light-hearted moments outside of that.

Yeah, lots of light hearted moments of

"Man I wish everyone knew we were the PHANTOM THIEVES so I could pick up chicks"
"Shut up ryuji"

Or

"Man our popularity is going through the roof"
"Is anyone else concerned about this"

Or

"We need to find a target, someone really big"
"Anything relevant in the phan site"
"Nothing"
"Okay lets just relax and live nornal school lives for now"

Over and over and over again

:|

arite I finally got my shit

18057087_10155295721977244_8524321954097703383_n.jpg

18034071_10155295721907244_2769602055172189492_n.jpg

now, please...are there ANY NYC gaffers out there who wanna trade the regular cover for the steelbook? Literally just opened the package and I'm already tired of lookin at this fuckin shit.

I'd hate to have to make a whole new thread for my sorry ass request

Zafir

Endgame spoilers
I forgot is there a save room in the apocalyptic tokyo section or will I have to walk back down to get to the velvet room?

Before the final boss you can access the map to teleport back to the entrance.

I am calling you PersonaGAF

I am planning on doing P4 and P3 after this one...

I played P3 when it get out i think i went like half ways but i don't remember much... Should it be better to do P4 and then P3 ?

For not being shocked by the gameplay downgrades, i mean.
The P3 story seems more dark than p4, maybe it will be good to that one first to have a more distinct persona... What do you think ?

I played P3 when it get out i think i went like half ways but i don't remember much... Should it be better to do P4 and then P3 ?

The P3 story seems more dark than p4, maybe it will be good to that one first to have a more distinct persona... What do you think ?

Persona 3 might be TOO much of a gameplay culture shock going from p5 -> p3 especially if you play fes. P4 especially p4g on vita/pstv would be a fairly easy transition since you lose a bit of gameplay refinement but get a much better story and characters.

Play P3 FES first. It's still the best Persona other than 2.

It is, but by that point you have multiple ways to deal with it. Not really anything spoilery to the story but not sure how people feel about certain mechanics being known:
As many have stated, the SP regen accessories from Tae's confidant are great. I had them on my party till I finished.

You can also brew coffee/curry at Leblanc to help restore SP. If you do the Temperance Confidant, it doesn't take any time.

And finally, you can grow vegetables with Haru that regen SP. The carrot restores 100% of a character's SP and they're AMAZING. With the confidant ranked up, you can grow multiple carrots at once too. I had 20+ when I finished and could keep popping them.
It doesn't take up a timeslot but it does take a few days to grow.
I never knew about that carrot thing since I never get my points for Haru's S-link high enough to make them. I did buy some SP items from the clinic though late in the game. .

Persona 3 might be TOO much of a gameplay culture shock going from p5 -> p3 especially if you play fes. P4 especially p4g on vita/pstv would be a fairly easy transition since you lose a bit of gameplay refinement but get a much better story and characters.

Play P3 FES first. It's still the best Persona other than 2.

Thanks to both of you ! The persona 3 on psp is FES aswell ?

sjay1994

Its going to be fucking rough going back to P3 and P4.

Also in terms of tone of the games

I still think P3 has the best sense of tone and still the best story. I mean the later games don't seem to have the balls to do some of the things P3 did, but P5 is an evolution of literally everything that going back is going to be hard.

I mean, fuck there is no real satisfying way to play P3 anymore cuz vanilla and FES don't have active control, and while P3P does you lose exploration.

Perineum

Palace 5 I took 1 step into it and I want it to be over. Noir annoys me, idgaf about her at all as a character, and just so far the overall mechanics to advance in palace 5 are a trudge.

How many total palaces are there, and is palace 5 supposed to be this "meh" ?

Palace 5 I took 1 step into it and I want it to be over. Noir annoys me, idgaf about her at all as a character, and just so far the overall mechanics to advance in palace 5 are a trudge.

That palace made me put down the game for a couple days and that was only the first half. Second half was such an annoying puzzle that I just wanted it over

Damn it i dont have a ps3... i guess i will go for the 4 and maybe then a new version o remaster will be out... or i ll go with psp since it s what i have...
Persona 3 Portable (psp version) lacks the 3D animations cut scenes. It's in a visual novel style. A good thing about P3P is you can control your team members (which should have been in FES) and the FeMC.

megalowho

+1
more

I hit up a guide during palace 5 to save time and I don't regret it. Everything after is better.

hao chi

I finished P5 this morning, and I don't want to say anything definitively yet because I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I seriously think this might be my new favorite game. Nearly everything about it clicked with me. The music is fantastic (as usual, for Atlus), it has the best cast in any game I've played, the dungeons are generally interesting, the combat is improved, I enjoyed most of the Confidants - more so than the ones in P3 and P4 no less, I like that even the non-party member Confidants give you unique skills; and I enjoyed the story and the themes that the game deals with quite a bit. Perhaps most importantly, I just love the whole Phantom Thieves aspect of the game, and how they tied it into the story.

One funny side effect of playing P5 is I played a bit of P3P and almost died in my first battle because I pressed Triangle intending to use my Persona, but instead that initiated Rush. Messing with the command wheel in P3 really made me appreciate that P5 got rid of it.

Honestly, despite loving P4 and having P3 in my top 5 games, I was doubtful that P5 would be able to top BotW for me. Like I said earlier, I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I'm pretty sure it surpassed BotW.

The unfortunate side effect of having BotW and P5 come out only a month from each other is that now I'm a bit burnt out on single player games. I need to take a break and play some multiplayer stuff for a while, but whenever I'm ready for more single player games I'm interested in restarting P2, and maybe continuing with Soul Hackers. I'm hoping the latter will finally click with me. Either way, I want to try to beat a few more Megaten games this year.

Kyrios

So basically the same question on palace 7 that I had about the 6th

Wait until the deadline to send the calling card or right away? I don't want it to skip any days if I do it early

DNAbro

So basically the same question on palace 7 that I had about the 6th

Wait until the deadline to send the calling card or right away? I don't want it to skip any days if I do it early

it doesn't skip any days when you send.

silva1991

it's the most hated one.

Zafir

Since I had access to all the options this time round, I reloaded a save over and over to see all the (10/26)
festival scenes

Pretty lazy, they barely change. Honestly Ryuji's might have been the best, almost, lol.

ShadyK54

8/22 spoilers

Oh man, I can already tell I'm going to love the Futaba/Yusuke interactions just based off this back & forth in the text messages lol.

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone else drum along with the music using the analog sticks? I'm going to break my pad at this rate...

Dungeon 4 cleared with 13 days free time to spare. *stretches*

Perineum

Glad to hear the resounding feel on Palace 5 is it is butt cheeks.

Just like a poster above me said --- I had to put the game down. Since it came out until now I haven't missed a day of play, and my schedule is TIGHT to get gaming into. I have almost 70 hours, and once I got to palace 5 i was like "ugh wtf happened?" It's like the B team got called in to work on this.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Glad to hear the resounding feel on Palace 5 is it is butt cheeks.

Just like a poster above me said --- I had to put the game down. Since it came out until now I haven't missed a day of play, and my schedule is TIGHT to get gaming into. I have almost 70 hours, and once I got to palace 5 i was like "ugh wtf happened?" It's like the B team got called in to work on this.

General opinion is, it's about to get worse. Quit while you are ahead. I'm telling you this as someone whose favorite game is Persona 5. But when you have to stop playing because you hate something...just stop.

JBwB

Man... That bittersweet feeling you get when finishing games you love has hit me like a truck with this one. I already miss just experiencing it and interacting with all the characters lol.

Maybe this is the best time to finally play my copy of P4G. I already played the original but that was like 7 years ago so hopefully I've forgotten most of it.

The transition from 5 to P4G shouldn't be too bad right? I think I can deal with the worse dungeons and lower quality graphics.

Top Bottom