• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1, 2014) media & Game Informer details [Up: More]

I was joking about the title with some friends and our conversation inspired me:

ArkhamNightsColorandbackground_zpsb247fee9.jpg

Muzy72

Banned
New gen only yesssss! Hopefully the first of many!

Day 1 on PS4!
I should beat the first 2 games right? :lol

I like the title better now that I know it there's a villain called that and they weren't just trying to shoe-horn the 'Arkham' brand into a new title.

I'm excited to see how this game looks! And 3 times bigger than AC sounds pretty awesome, but I hope the world is as detailed as AA and AC were, as size means nothing to me if the world isn't meticulously crafted.

Sounds fucking amazing. Gameplay demo at E3? Probably Sony conference given WB and Sony's relationship when it comes to game content I would guess.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Next gen only, bat mobile and rocksteady at the helm. That makes it my most wanted game of the year now. I am damn hyped for this game. I hope it sells well enough to get other developers to make more next gen only games.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Weren't Rocksteady hiring for multiplayer folks? What came of that then?

Some small details that made me pretty happy, not sure if posted.

-No more pre-rendered cinematics everything is done in engine
-The larger riots can have up to 50 people flipping cars and looting stores.

MormaPope

Banned
Not really digging this stuff:

For the predator sections you can now chain takedowns of up to four enemies. For instance pop out of a grate and take one guy, jump to the next and so on. You can now enter grates from a distance, he will automatically do a jump or roll to enter them.

Batmobile fires missles and stun guns. It destroys anything it touches so if you bump into cars the cars go flying. It's basically unstoppable.

Riddler challenges seem to be car based. The first one has you enter a sort of Riddler race track where you have to activate walls and ramps, when you activate one another closes so as you drive you have to be constantly turning on and off these ramps as you navigate the course.

Chaining stealth takedowns goes against the slow and methodical nature of those sections, having to employ hit and run tactics combined with sneaking felt very satisfying. If there are rooms designed where you can clear the entire room by timing one takedown correctly that's really lame. Nothing should be automated during these sections.

The batmobile sounds fan servicey, so most things on the road won't be a threat to the batmobile? Its unstoppable? Sounds like the batmobile will only be used as a way to travel between islands/HUBS and to do stunts in.

Hopefully there are more Riddler things besides road challenges.

Darklord

Banned
A new villain? That's pretty weird. It's totally going to be a Batman like villain isn't it? Like a dark batman.

Sid

Since this is on current gen only I hope they take full advantage of that in both gameplay and graphics.Also,SP only as it should be...

I'm so confused, I thought rocksteady closed down? I might be confusing them with a different story awhile back but when I saw their logo on the trailer come up I got friggin hyped!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
"This is a single-player game. There is no multiplayer."
That's too bad, really. Arkham Origins' MP was inventive and fun, but died quickly because the market for Gen 7 MP games has been thoroughly oversaturated by this point. The next-gen landscape is considerably less crowded, it'd have a lot better chance to stick. Hell, they should just port Origins' MP over wholesale and stick it on the disc, it deserves the second chance and it'd tick off the multiplayer box with the bare minimum of dev resources.

(Hell, put Gotham City Impostors on there, too. GCI Fumigation is the most fun I had in multiplayer in all of last gen, no damn joke.)

JaseMath

Looks like I'll be buying a PS4 this year after all. Sounds awesome...

...though that bit about the polygon count on characters sounds to good to be true.

3bdelilah

Banned
I'm so confused, I thought rocksteady closed down? I might be confusing them with a different story awhile back but when I saw their logo on the trailer come up I got friggin hyped!

Maybe you got it mixed up with Irrational Games (developers of BioShock 1 and Infinite)?

Alienous

Not really digging this stuff:

Chaining stealth takedowns goes against the slow and methodical nature of those sections, having to employ hit and run tactics combined with sneaking felt very satisfying. If there are rooms designed where you can clear the entire room by timing one takedown correctly that's really lame. Nothing should be automated during these sections.

The batmobile sounds fan servicey, so most things on the road won't be a threat to the batmobile? Its unstoppable? Sounds like the batmobile will only be used as a way to travel between islands/HUBS and to do stunts in.

1. It just seems to be another tactical layer. Trying to herd enemies together so that you can take them out all at once. That probably takes patience.

2. It's probably there as your companion. You can travel with it, but not into buildings or onto rooftops. It'll probably get damaged in the story at some point, but what I think you should take from that is that there isn't going to be enemies in tanks that can damage your batmobile.

It sounds like there's a window for chaining them together where time slows down. There's likely a certain maximum distance for it. Considering I would occasionally rush in an take out a group of guys (and the game allows for it), it seems fine. The predator sections in AC and AO were never purely "stealth" since you could tackle them in more bombastic ways.

Tookay

Think you're finding ways to imagine the worst possible scenario without considering the fact that Rocksteady has probably thought this through.

Like the Batmobile. The fact that it's constantly available makes it sound like something more than just something you travel between islands in; rather, sounds like an integral part of the moment-to-moment gameplay.

Top Bottom