• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - NO MORE NAZIS [New Gameplay Trailer]

luulubuu

As the one making the OT, I'm conflicted I do want to reflect some of the stuff going on right now, but in the other hand I dont want to make it like a parody of itself, so gaf, what do you think?

Ernest

Banned
Nice. I think I'll be able to give Destiny a rest by the time this comes out, finish it, then be ready for Destiny DLC. Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Trickster

As the one making the OT, I'm conflicted I do want to reflect some of the stuff going on right now, but in the other hand I dont want to make it like a parody of itself, so gaf, what do you think?

I say reflect as hard as you can, it's relevant as hell imo

Rockk

They really just don't care about hit stop/stop do they. All the shooting in this is so flaccid and meh like the first game. I was really hoping they would've fixed that and the weak sound design. I would've expected at least the first one since the second no one succeeds at anymore.

Plum

I wouldn't dedicate the entire thing to it, if only to make things feel less dated in the future. A few small winks and nods to the real life fuckery will be enough imo.

Man, it's weird how I can be so critical of Bethesda Game Studio's output, but their publishing side is just cranking out great games left and right. I only played through The New Order recently, I still need to pick up and play The Old Blood. I need to finish DOOM. I need to pick up Prey still but I really enjoyed the demo. I'm definitely picking this up day 1.

There is honestly no better time for this game. I only hope that the writing will reference the events we're dealing with now. I'm sure they will somehow.

joe2187

Banned
They really just don't care about hit stop/stop do they. All the shooting in this is so flaccid and meh like the first game. I was really hoping they would've fixed that and the weak sound design. I would've expected at least the first one since the second no one succeeds at anymore.

You and I didnt play the same game. Because everything in The New order and Old blood felt brutal and impactful. popping nazi heads and watching em explode into gorey bits, using the shockhammer to blast em half, or the LKW to vaporize em. Sound design was fantastic.

Toa TAK

Banned
Great trailer, as always. It's never a bad idea to take out Nazis.

Perfect follow-up from yesterday's Nazi knockout:

nazipawnchc7sn4.gif
Buh
-bye

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If only you could talk to these Nazis, then perhaps you could try and make friends with them, form alliances... Now that would be interesting.

I've had the first one since it's release, but I never made it past the first level. It just never clicked with me, even though I tried since everyone was telling me it was so great. Since the reveal of the new one I've been so hyped I decided to give it another try....HOLY SHIT.

The internet was absolutely right. TNO is amazing. I can't believe I missed out on that for so long. Already pre-ordered the The New Colossus. Hopefully I can finish TNO before it's release.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
You and I didnt play the same game. Because everything in The New order and Old blood felt brutal and impactful. popping nazi heads and watching em explode into gorey bits, using the shockhammer to blast em half, or the LKW to vaporize em. Sound design was fantastic.

The sound design was probably one of the weakest audio visual aspects of the game. It was really noticeably off and "silent" during a lot of the cut scenes.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| Alt-Fire For The Alt-Reich

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| No Tolerance Left

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| Hatchets For Fascists

jwillenn

Gimme that with a gyro aiming x right analog stick hybrid control option in which I can stand still and target anything on screen without shifting my view through motion aiming, but also turn and look up/down as in any ordinary console FPS using the analog stick.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
On one hand I want to experience this game's audiovisuals in all of their glory but on the other hand I know that the only way this will actually be played and beaten by me before 2019 is to get the Switch version...

decisions

J_Viper

I'm trying to avoid any footage since I'm already sold on the game, but how do the weapons sound?

TNO had the weakest guns I've heard in a modern shooter. I'm really hoping they stepped it up this time

Rockk

I'm trying to avoid any footage since I'm already sold on the game, but how do the weapons sound?

TNO had the weakest guns I've heard in a modern shooter. I'm really hoping they stepped it up this time

Seems too be just as weak as TNO. It's a really big disappointment that they didn't try and fix any of the problems with TNO.

convo

Great to see all of you guys being so confident about those stuff not affecting the release of this game. I didn't follow those events too much (since I don't live in US) so judging by the EZA discussion I was worried that it may had a big impact and would force Bethesda to move the release of this game to a later date.

If you want a gaming site with actual political views that are way more thought out than those guys you mentioned than you should take note of waypoint the vice gaming division.
Not to say EZA aren't good guys but their are people who think about the political side of gaming way more than regular gaming podcasts.

daveo42

Banned
The EZA discussion about how it might not be the right time for a Nazi related game to come out after the stuff that happened a while back.

Yea, I'm calling bullshit on that. This is the perfect time for a game like this to come out. Hell, the speech in the trailer seems to speak to 2017 as much as it does in the game itself. The American people have forgotten that Nazis are fucking scum and need to wake up from the idea that they (and those like them) deserve any sort of platform.

CHC

And yeah, it's the perfect time for this fucking game, absolutely.

You're killing Nazis, not controlling one. We need that now more than ever!

Orion

The EZA discussion about how it might not be the right time for a Nazi related game to come out after the stuff that happened a while back.

I think it should be pointed out that the EZA panel stated that the game should not be delayed nor should there be any drastic changes to the marketing. Some people seem to be assuming they said the opposite so I went back and listened to the discussion again.

Anung

Un Rama
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| So Much For the Tolerant Luft

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus |OT| Yichud Buy This Game

Top Bottom