• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE7 Not a Hero Gameplay Trailer

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I should probably adjust my expectations for a free piece of DLC, this is probably just going to be an expanded rehash of the mine area from RE7. If this does turn out to be the case, I'd have gladly payed for something more substantial

Have they given any indication of when it's set? I'm assuming it's set just before the climax of RE7.

If I watch this will it spoil the main game?

I still need to play RE7 outside the demo.

It includes an endgame area from RE7 so I'd avoid it until you finish the game.

ffvorax

Mmm I didn't expect a survival horror but neither a full action like this... something like between the two... I don't know if I can do this in VR, I already struggled 1h in the DLC where you have to survive... I did it but it was fucking intense for VR (talking about fatigue and a little of nausea... all that run, fight and tension... lol)

Hazmat

I imagine there will be a few surprises in store. They really want this to be great.

You definitely prep hard for DLC that no one will ever pay a penny for that you delayed for more than six months and that most of the game's buyers won't even download.

It's the mines, combat, and lots of regular molded. The worst things about RE7. I'll check it out, but this is looking like it matches the price of admission so far.

This seems like they literally took the worst parts of the main game for the dlc. Oh well atleast its free and stomping looked like fun.

luulubuu

Chris new voice
tumblr_opln4a1coQ1t66aclo2_540.gif

Punch boy back in town

Trickster

This is their attempt to appeal to the people who liked RE5 and 6 I guess? Visually it was good, but it lacked interesting gameplay and horror

deleted

Looks nice, but the running animation with a heavy weapon looks hilariously slow.
Imagine that from a 3rd person perspective. He would be looking like he's running on a spot.

BBboy20

They really should have invented new enemies for this, there just isn't enough variety with the molded.
The action worked in Re 7 because it wasn't too much of it, the moment you had lots of ammo and weapons it got extremely repetitive like that zombies like dlc mode showed.
The concept of the Molded though should be enough for Capcom to shape them out of anything and have them capable of anything.

Dyna

What a boring clip! Molded, molded, shooting, colourless mines, more molded... Seems like they took the worst things from the main game and combined them in this DLC. Hopefully there are some actually creepy moments in this and the End of Zoe DLC and it's not all just action. They claimed that both of these DLCs should be pretty lengthy, right? Hopefully they're not bullshitting us because that Daughters story in Banned Footage Vol. 2 was super short.

As much as I like Chris, this is somewhat meeeh, not feeling it, maybe because it feels so action focused, I mean yeah I knew it will be more actiony, but this feels like a FPS.

. They claimed that both of these DLCs should be pretty lengthy, right? Hopefully they're not bullshitting us because that Daughters story in Banned Footage Vol. 2 was super short.

I can't imagine Not A Hero is much more than an hour, maybe two in length, which I'd be kinda OK with. I'm more interested in whether they're going to benefit from multiple playthroughs with extra weapon and item unlocks like the main game, or if they'll have difficulty settings.

O.DOGG

Looking forward to playing it but I can't stand the new look of Chris in this. He looks ridiculous. Good thing I won't be seeing much of him in first person perspective.

Ludens

Banned
I can't imagine Not A Hero is much more than an hour, maybe two in length, which I'd be kinda OK with. I'm more interested in whether they're going to benefit from multiple playthroughs with extra weapon and item unlocks like the main game, or if they'll have difficulty settings.

I honestly doubt it's even 2 hours long. All RE7 dlcs were overpriced and bloody short, so for a free one I don't expect too much. 1 hour would be great, considering you pay nothing for it, expecting 2 hours is insane.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I honestly doubt it's even 2 hours long. All RE7 dlcs were overpriced and bloody short, so for a free one I don't expect too much. 1 hour would be great, considering you pay nothing for it, expecting 2 hours is insane.

Lost in Nightmares was well worth the entry price IMO.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh, great, more tar guys to shoot.

Shooting that same enemy over and over and over in the later parts of RE7 were the worst part of the game.

My opinion: The game was *SUBBLIIIMMEE* during the main house portion, and after that it became shit.

It's good that it's free but I doubt I'll even bother. I simply hated the action portions of RE7.

If they spent something like a year on development and it's less than an hour, that'd be... actually not that surprising given its capcom and they've not been making great decisions lately, but you know.

I'm far more interested in the Zoe dlc anyway.

Ludens

Banned
If they spent something like a year on development and it's less than an hour, that'd be... actually not that surprising given its capcom and they've not been making great decisions lately, but you know.

I'm far more interested in the Zoe dlc anyway.

Yeah, me too. I really liked PT and that thread going on on GAF was something amazing, so I really hope Zoe's dlc is convoluted like PT and hard to decode.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
meh..can't say I'm a fan of the first person view, probably even more with the more action oriented approach of this DLC

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'll say two things, there are more new monsters than the trailer shows, and the trailer purposefully shows fighting the Molded and the fighting mechanics. There is more to the DLC than corridors of Molded, if that's what you're worried about. It is action focused (while the other DLC, End of Zoe, is horror focused), but there is a few pretty unique segments they probably wisely chose not to show off. I'm assuming they're still in since this is updated in the level design and some of the mechanics (there was not a counter move before for example), but the events seem pretty much the same as the original third party version. And if that's true, the only location isn't The Mines, and there's some more diversity to the gameplay than just shooting Molded (you may have noticed but most of this gameplay is from the first few areas of Not a Hero).

It's free, and I think some will like it. For the record, this takes place after Resident Evil 7's ending, like immediately after. When they hoist Ethan away, Chris goes on to the mines to track down Lucas.

Markitron

Yes it was, but that was also a RE5 dlc.
With Re7 Capcom managed the whole dlc thing very bad, all dlcs are not worth the price they ask for.

My point was that they are capable of it when they want to be. I haven't played any of the DLC for RE7 yet though so I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

dan2026

I'm going to be the voice of dissent here and say that looks really crappy.
A mediocre looking 1st person shooter is not what a want out of re7.

Re7s strong bits was the survival horror. Not the gunplay.

Yeah, that doesn't inspire much of a desire to play it in me at all.
Questionable action and not scary or seem particularly tense.

Hmm.

Top Bottom