• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of Fighters: DESTINY starts airing (CG series)

ZCuFYQn.gif

Hmm. DoA5 Mai is still my favorite 3D Mai.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Previously, Angelina's song was cut from her premiere episode, due to rights issues... So maybe some of the on-stage moments we saw of her in Ep. 15 contained part of said work?

That'd be my guess.

Estellex

Considering this is 24+ episodes long, made by an unknown up-start chinese company, the end result is pretty good. Those Pixar movies take at least 4 years to get made, and they are usually 90 minutes long.

Is Ryo american? His name is always written in katakana, and I remember that in Art of Fighting 3, when Kasumi reaches up to him, she pulls out a dicitionary and starts to talk to him in english, before he stops her and tells her "I can speak japanese, too", then the dialog resumes in japanese. It's like she expected him to be unable to speak japanese.

Art of Fighting 3 have an Anime? That's interesting is there a youtube video of that scene?

I understand that Rugal is testing the black crystals but this episode isn't very clear about how and why they got on this cruise ship. It's obviously a trap. Episode could use more explanation for Rugal and his motivations.

I understand that Rugal is testing the black crystals but this episode isn't very clear about how and why they got on this cruise ship. It's obviously a trap. Episode could use more explanation for Rugal and his motivations.

That was said on the episode where the Sports team is fought. All the teams were invited to the cruiser, that is where the semifinals would've been held.

That was said on the episode where the Sports team is fought. All the teams were invited to the cruiser, that is where the semifinals would've been held.

The point being Rugal doesn't have his motivation outlined like Geese had. The series has lost its main antagonist. No fuel for the fire now.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
This is PlayStation/Sturn level of CGI in a better resolution. It's really hard to watch, but has fun moments.

This is PlayStation/Sturn level of CGI in a better resolution. It's really hard to watch, but has fun moments.

Considering this is more or less a free marketing tool, I won't complain that it's not state of the art , modeling and animation of this quality is acceptable for a free product.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The point being Rugal doesn't have his motivation outlined like Geese had. The series has lost its main antagonist. No fuel for the fire now.

What more do we need (for now) than what has been shown?

We know Mature took the Black Crystals in Ep 1. We know she's with Rugal. The plane ride with Terry over to the Cruiser established that Geese wasn't working FOR Rugal, but was something of an equal partner. This already sets him up as "Bigger threat than Geese".

It's the start of a new act within the same season. We know a bit about Rugal just from his tussle with Geese in the flashback episode. If anything, Geese felt like a "Bogard" issue, as he had little to do with the remaining cast.

Now Rugal straight kidnaps and sett friends directly against teammates; this feels like an actual "All Tournament-Participants" issue.

On that note, I have to say, I really like seeing Kyo act a bit mature, knowledgeable, and respectful of his elders. I'm so glad he's not being shown as a pure, unteachable hothead here. So far, this makes him more likable than usual.

It's not like mid-tier animation doesn't exist in this world anymore. We've still got loads of cruddy flash animation, and cartoons from lesser studios much worse than this, out now. 18 years ago this would be what'd we fawn over as the limited sub-60 minutes of CG within a Final Fantasy.

Now a mid-tier startup company can make a full series at about the same level. With some very nice fight choreography (something many higher-priced works still get horribly wrong), solid voice actors, actresses, and music, and all for free on YouTube.

It's been nice to have something SNK to fill up the time between 1 games release, and eventual new announcements. I hope they continue on this path, so their teams become more experienced.

NeonZ

They kind of went too far with the Fatal Fury anime references in the final battle with Geese. Terry uses the Senpuuken (Tung Fu Rue's attack that Terry learned in the old anime, but not in the games), to clash with Geese's attack before going with the Burning Knuckle, but that has no context at all in this anime. In fact, no Tung Fu Rue in general outside of the flashback episode is kind of weird.

Futaleufu

They kind of went too far with the Fatal Fury anime references in the final battle with Geese. Terry uses the Senpuuken (Tung Fu Rue's attack that Terry learned in the old anime, but not in the games), to clash with Geese's attack before going with the Burning Knuckle, but that has no context at all in this anime. In fact, no Tung Fu Rue in general outside of the flashback episode is kind of weird.

Technically, the Rising Tackle is an inverted, vertical Senpuuken.

Don't know much about King's backstory but this episode has peaked my interest to dig a little deeper. SNK should green light Season 2 of this show.

This week's Destiny was pretty good, and next episode is finally time for Rugal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riwrWl0g7Ps

Episode 21 was great. I now realize that it was hard for the writers to come up with an excuse to have the fighters fight each other and thus they came us with the black crystals. Kinda lazy for the plot, but the fight scenes were well executed. Really dig the show from start to finish. Very pleased with what SNK was able to do with it. Any idea on when will we get word on Season 2?

Episode 21 was great. I now realize that it was hard for the writers to come up with an excuse to have the fighters fight each other and thus they came us with the black crystals. Kinda lazy for the plot, but the fight scenes were well executed. Really dig the show from start to finish. Very pleased with what SNK was able to do with it. Any idea on when will we get word on Season 2?

Hopefully when it ends. Although I'd say a second season is a given because you don't tease Iori through the entire season otherwise.

Episode 22 was another great one. Dead serious SNK should get Adi Shankar involved and bring this series to Netflix. Adi will give this series that dark dank human drama.

1200px-Adi_Shankar_-_san_diego_comic-con_-_2013.jpg

Top Bottom