• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

I am glad that they charge new orders first. Note that my card have not enough money for second transaction.

We’re sorry but your order (xxxxxxxxxx) for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition could not be processed. The credit card on file could not be authorized for payment. As a result, your order has been cancelled.

Unfortunately due to the limited nature of this product, it is no longer available for purchase.

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

chrono01

I am glad that they charge new orders first. Note that my card have not enough money for second transaction.

We’re sorry but your order (xxxxxxxxxx) for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition could not be processed. The credit card on file could not be authorized for payment. As a result, your order has been cancelled.

Unfortunately due to the limited nature of this product, it is no longer available for purchase.

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Wow, they didn't even give you a chance to rectify the problem? :(

Edit - It seems like mine was charged as well [I checked my balance and it seems as though I was charged, although I won't see the actual transaction listed for a few days].

Here's hoping!

TentPole

Damn. I hoope they give me an e-mail tomorrow. I don't see one yet, but NB did charge me.

Just to be clear. Neither Namco nor DR have confirmed the package as shipped. I am signed up with UPS to be notified when anything is shipped to me and they are the ones who sent me confirmation. So if you aren't registered with UPS My Choice then I wouldn't worry about it.

So pumped! >_< Just got charged a little while ago.

Checking my invoice/order info, it no longer has the "This item will ship after 1/22/2013" and the item name has changed to the "SOLD OUT!!! -insert name here-" listing.

Same

chrono01

That's okay. I asked them to cancel that order, but their CS worked slow. But yes, that's bad to not allow other ways to make payment, like NISA do.

Okay, whew. I'm glad the cancellation was at your request then.

Even still, the fact that if you wanted to make the purchase but had your order cancelled simply because of a single issue with the credit card being processed? That's scary.

zeopower6

So pumped! >_< Just got charged a little while ago.

Checking my invoice/order info, it no longer has the "This item will ship after 1/22/2013" and the item name has changed to the "SOLD OUT!!! -insert name here-" listing.

chrono01

Yeah, I just checked mine and I have the same information listed. It sounds like one of those natural occurrences. It's best not to worry about it. ^_^

madhtr

Just to be clear. Neither Namco nor DR have confirmed the package as shipped. I am signed up with UPS to be notified when anything is shipped to me and they are the ones who sent me confirmation. So if you aren't registered with UPS My Choice then I wouldn't worry about it.

Same

I tried to sign up for My Choice but it told me my information was a lie.... which is funny, since it was 100% correct info... :/

zeopower6

Not worried about the item listing change, but it seems like the orders will ship very soon based on the red message being gone and the item listing being what it is now. *_*

fatalforce

Neo Member
This is ridiculous, they cancelled my order because they couldn't authorize the charge on my credit card, so I called up my bank and they said it was being declined because of an incorrect expiration date. Called the Namco store, and they had the correct expiration date, and there's not much they can do. I can't believe I'm getting screwed like this.

graywolf323

Gold Member
This is ridiculous, they cancelled my order because they couldn't authorize the charge on my credit card, so I called up my bank and they said it was being declined because of an incorrect expiration date. Called the Namco store, and they had the correct expiration date, and there's not much they can do. I can't believe I'm getting screwed like this.

it's really inexplicable why any company uses Digital River still

sadly Namco isn't a last holdout or anything, I believe Microsoft uses them even

Eusis

Ugh, that sucks. I got charged, but fearing this happening is why I stuck with my pre-order at GameStop, that way if something went wrong I'd have just gone there as originally planned.

WTF. Is DR make authorization by using operators? I not believe that somehow it is related to program error. And they do not allow to make new order? Try call to them again.

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
Mine was canceled for the same reason too. Love how they pretty much note in the email that it's sold out and not to bother calling.

If I had a pre-order and it was canceled, and there are no new pre-orders, where does my game go then? Namco keeps it to put on ebay?

chrono01

Mine was canceled for the same reason too. Love how they pretty much note in the email that it's sold out and not to bother calling.

If I had a pre-order and it was canceled, and there are no new pre-orders, where does my game go then? Namco keeps it to put on ebay?

That's what I was wondering. Since they're not selling it anymore, and they were basically made-to-order, what will they do with the surplus of "cancelled" orders? There really should be a way to rectify this situation. To simply cancel a order after one single credit card transaction error is insane.

Since the item is sold out, making a new order is not possible for them.

You can read several pages earlier, that some people get luck and reorder it. And I have mail, where they said, that I can place new order (when it was sold-out). And, I think, there other people who request or get cancellation. Namco must have some in back stock.

We cannot change information on an existing order, but we can assist
you by placing a new order and cancelling your original order.

fatalforce

Neo Member
You can read several pages earlier, that some people get luck and reorder it. And I have mail, where they said, that I can place new order (when it was sold-out). And, I think, there other people who request or get cancellation. Namco must have some in back stock.

We cannot change information on an existing order, but we can assist
you by placing a new order and cancelling your original order.

I have tried cancelling it and placing another order, but they were either unwilling or unable to do so.

zeopower6

You probably need to keep calling or at least explain the situation to them... whatever it takes to make them understand. They have done the reorder thing even when it was 'sold out' for people so whatever they're saying isn't accurate since we know they've done it for certain people here.

C-Jo

Damn, how are all of you checking your Visa charges that quickly? It takes like a week for my account to get updated.

QaaQer

It takes my cc company a couple of days to list the transactions, but my 'available credit' number changes immediately once charged.

Lucent

This is happening to a ton of people on the Facebook page.

Just read through some. Lots of pissed off people, and understandably so. My friend lost his order because I guess his card was charged back when he ordered it but then I guess the way his bank works they don't hold pre-orders longer than 30 days so it dropped it.

He didn't take it as badly as these people (or I would have) though. He's still going to pick up a copy of the standard.

I really hope I get an e-mail or something sometime tomorrow. I'd like to be able to at least track the package.

Yeah I use OldNational. They're quick with the updates. Especially online orders.

They really need a better fail safe in place for very limited sets like this. Too many times these places over sell, when they should clearly undersell, have enough for the people who properly purchased in case there's problems with an expiration date or whatever.

Damn shame.

i called digital river and they told me that despite what the email said my order has not been cancelled. they stated they would forward my order to their escalation team and i can call cack tomorrow when the escalation team starts work for the day and hopefully get this issue resolved. i'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and just hope for the best. this has surely been the worst preorder experience i've ever dealt with.

zeopower6

Digital River is aware of the cancellations.

Just got off the phone with Digital River, the representative told me that the cancellation was a known issue and that they would be rectifying it within 24-48 hours. Twice during the call I asked if I would still be getting the product I ordered and she assured me both times that I would.
So all hope isn't lost for those who received that e-mail. Call them, be polite but firm and try to make sure everything it proper on their end aside from the cancellation "issue".
- from Facebook.

dc89

UK-GAF:

As you may be aware Namco Bandai Tweeted yesterday that Amazon will be getting another small allocation of the collectors edition. It's not appeared yet, so I tweeted them.

ai4Xyi4.png

somebody stated earlier if you go through www.findmyorder.com it will display.

mine will display through this url but it doesn't give much information at all.

as for people with issues. i think people that paid with debit/credit cards are just worried about the billing process due to the whole preorder hold stunt this company pulled 6 months ago.

Sweet baby Jesus, thank you for this. I was starting to freak out!

zeopower6

Wanted to mention this here.... someone in Australia ordered their European WE from ShopTo and it was canceled due to them not being able to ship from wherever ShopTo is to Australia. Hope no one else ends up in the same predicament.

Peagles

Wanted to mention this here.... someone in Australia ordered their European WE from ShopTo and it was canceled due to them not being able to ship from wherever ShopTo is to Australia. Hope no one else ends up in the same predicament.

Happened to me in NZ. They said it can only go by courier and they don't offer courier overseas. Luckily I have a backup or two. I've learnt from bad experiences in the past with limited stuff like this :/

Top Bottom