• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SWERY65 Returns to Game Development, Opens New Studio White Owls Inc

Excellent, good to see he's back and hopefully feeling awesome! He's one of my favourite devs and his twitter is funny and he follows me too. Damn, i need more Swery65 stuff he's great.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
A year full of crazy gaming returns. Bomberman is back, Suda is producing AND directing again and Swery's back with a brand new studio :D

So Microsoft killed off development on the series before it was completed I take it? Sorry, I don't know a whole lot about D4.

Needless to say, I don't see any Japanese developers ever working with Microsoft again at this rate. They must be wary as fuck over there by now.

Rymuth

So Microsoft killed off development on the series before it was completed I take it? Sorry, I don't know a whole lot about D4.
It was structured like Telltale game where the story play over seasons. He was working on season 2 before it was cancelled

d4_2.jpg

Smax

Let me see if I have this right: The D4 "season one" so many people here remember so fondly is those two rough, nonsensical and incomplete chapters that were released back in Xbox One's launch?

I love japanese quirkiness as much as anyone, but D4 was not that. It was embarassingly low quality and unfinished by any standards.

NeoRaider

Let me see if I have this right: The D4 "season one" so many people here remember so fondly is those two rough, nonsensical and incomplete chapters that were released back in Xbox One's launch?

I love japanese quirkiness as much as anyone, but D4 was not that. It was embarassingly low quality and unfinished by any standards.

No, it was amazing and i will play it again when they release next "season".

Exodust

Banned
He follows me on Twitter.

I have no idea why.

SWERY follows everybody on twitter. He's the best.

D4 was a better telltale game with a strange charm about it that was sadly discontinued before it could keep going. But hey, guess SWERY games aren't for you. And to be fair they aren't for everyone.

blakep267

Needless to say, I don't see any Japanese developers ever working with Microsoft again at this rate. They must be wary as fuck over there by now.
Nah. Season 1 was released and nobody bought t( except me). So they stopped production on season 2 probably

Alfredo

I really hope his book gets published in English. I will consume all things Swery... I should probably finish Spy Fiction.

takoyaki

New Eurogamer interview with Swery from a Reboot Develop talk in Croatia:

“He can't say much about the new project," his translator relayed, "but basically it's perverted, violent and crazy.”

Exactly how many games White Owls is working on isn't clear, although there does seem to be one main project - a project Swery began working on in January.
He isn't alone: White Owls now numbers six people - but Swery asked us not to photograph the slide showing the team, suggesting a secret needs keeping for now.
Nevertheless, sometimes Swery goes too far - particularly where publishers are concerned.
"That happened with Deadly Premonition," his translator relayed, "which is why it was cancelled four times. Eventually he did have to change a lot about it."
When you hear what changed, you'll understand why.
"The original script for Deadly Premonition centred around a killer who raped and then ate his victims," his translator relayed. "Obviously that's something only an insane person would write, which is why he had to change it.”

=> read more on Eurogamer

I can't wait. Deadly Premonition is one of my favorite games of all time. I loved D4 but as far as I'm concerned I'll never know how it ends and who killed Little Peggy.

ActWan

I don't even care what this guy puts out - I'm gonna buy it day 1, so I can't wait for his next game!
And lol, I wished publishers would let him go all out with DP.
As if it wasn't insane enough

Rockk

"The original script for Deadly Premonition centred around a killer who raped and then ate his victims," his translator relayed. "Obviously that's something only an insane person would write, which is why he had to change it."

That would have been something. I don't object to the idea necessarily but considering the goofy, weirdo tone that DP has I don't know if this would have worked. Maybe his new game will have something similar.

Matt_C

With Twin Peaks revival, I wonder if White Owls is developing a proper Twin Peaks video game? I am sure a well made game would attract existing Twin Peaks fans and gamers would be interested in watching the newest season of Twin Peaks.

tsundoku

it has to be the detective girl game
he took a year off for "health reasons" in the middle of writing the book and he was out drinking like every single day

Top Bottom