• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta out on Steam (4K, dual audio), $19.99, PC launch trailer, dev diary

Important detail for anyone interested in the artbook: The Digital Deluxe Edition will only be available until the 25th. As in, it's a two week launch special, after which you won't be able to get it.

That said the artbook is a PDF inside the extras folder in the game files on the harddrive, so easy to share with friends if need be.

Nzyme32

It's not a full port analysis -- I just got access to the game yesterday evening. But I think I covered all the important points.

(The MSAA setting and VRAM indicators are a bit strange, but other than that all is well)

Also, it's not the "HDR" that is all the rage now.

Ah, "the old fashioned" hdr, ie of the lighting variety. I forgot this is such an old game

sibarraz

Banned
This port was made by Sega of Europe right?

It always amaze me how good they are at handling ports, my potato pc was capable of running sonic racing transformed at low at 30 fps, and now with a better pc it runs at high in 60 constant frames withot problem.

Meanwhile, lots of older games run like shit on those same pc

jediyoshi

Bought bought Bought bought

HDR will be neat when Windows 10 supports it :(
EDIT: Seems like it does? Doesn't work on my computer, I'll have to see why.

There is also a HDR on/off setting (not pictured in the options image above), which of course is not the output setting that is currently all the rage but rather seems to affect light bloom behaviour. Additionally, an AO effect can be set either off or at varying quality levels, and V-Sync can be toggled on and off as well.​

http://www.pcgamer.com/bayonetta-pc-port-analysis-durantes-verdict/

It's not a full port analysis -- I just got access to the game yesterday evening. But I think I covered all the important points.

(The MSAA setting and VRAM indicators are a bit strange, but other than that all is well)

Could the game support higher than 60 fps?

Or is the engine locked to 60 for animation/physics reasons?

Tain

This port was made by Sega of Europe right?

It always amaze me how good they are at handling ports, my potato pc was capable of running sonic racing transformed at low at 30 fps, and now with a better pc it runs at high in 60 constant frames withot problem.

Meanwhile, lots of older games run like shit on those same pc

I don't know... Unexpected and arguably superfluous UI mouse support is a very Japanese PC port thing to me.

Any info on 21:9 support?

Nezacant

I hate that they are both called HDR. As if the consumer wasn't already confused.

Akronis

Could the game support higher than 60 fps?

Or is the engine locked to 60 for animation/physics reasons?

No one knows. Nier Automata got an unlocked framerate from mods though, so it could be possible that it's a similar situation.

Unfortunately Bayonetta was never intended to be released on PC back when it was made, so it might have issues above 60fps.

KingBroly

Banned
If I turn everything to max on my rig, I get some hiccups here and there. I should probably turn HDR off since my display is ancient.

Nzyme32

Damn, really hope they update the game to get MSAA working. I can always downsample, which I intended to do anyway, but still always good to get MSAA in there.

L.O.R.D

https://twitter.com/digitalfoundry/status/851815119986331648

C9JBLM_XkAEFFXq.jpg

Fantastic price, but won't be playing this anytime soon. Trailer was what I expected and more. Wishlist it until I have more free time.

HOLY SHIT THE LOAD TIMES, OR RATHER THE LACK THEREOF AAAAAAAH. Godlike port so far, wowowowow.

Lol Enzo is wearing full brogues. 4K revealing all the secrets.

Top Bottom