• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Preorder Details:

Standard ($59.99)- Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu Costumes

Deluxe ($89.99) (Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu) and two additional costumes – Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X! The Deluxe Edition also includes the 2017 Character Pass, which gives you access to six post-launch characters – the first one being Sigma himself!

a222ddc1544125fe67aff79ebcdfdb21.jpg

CE ($199.99)- FOUR detailed, interlinking dioramas from TriForce, plus LED-powered Infinity Stones and the Deluxe Edition of the game. Make some room on your desk before you pre-order!

TheChits

Sigma Ultron is such an obvious but great idea. He looks pretty sweet
Edit: Command Mission X costume yesssssssssssss

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The 6 characters aren't preorder bonuses. They're Season Pass characters included with the Deluxe and Collectors Editions.

The CE is $200

ScribbleD

It would be sublime if Sigma and Ultron were playable individually, but I'm guessing that won't be the case. Really safe choices for the character announcements.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thats sooner than expected. Hopefully it doesnt mean its rushed out the door like SF5...

thats exactly what it means isnt it? :3

6 DLC chars huh? guess I gotta buy that deluxe version

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Honestly, September 19th is much, MUCH sooner than I expected. I thought this was going to be a Holiday release.

Jawmuncher

Capcom Unity Page Details
http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofi...nd-release-date-for-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite

Preorder Standard for: Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu Premium Costumes.

Deluxe Edition ($89.99 MSRP): he two aforementioned costumes (Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu) and two additional costumes – Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X! The Deluxe Edition also includes the 2017 Character Pass, which gives you access to six post-launch characters – the first one being Sigma himself!

Collector’s Edition ($199.99 MSRP): Pre-order this bad boy and you’re gonna be the proud new owner for FOUR detailed, interlinking dioramas from TriForce, plus LED-powered Infinity Stones and the Deluxe Edition of the game. Make some room on your desk before you pre-order!

Apathy

I can't wait for a new marvel but man do I ever hate the art/graphic style they went with. The core gameplay just has to be good and I'll overlook it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sigma confirmed to be a DLC character? ok... well thats 1 then.

I was joking when I said August in the hype thread, but wow
Graphics look improved, in-engine cutscenes?
I'm not gonna get the CE like I did for SFV because I got fuckin burned on a shithouse game but Deluxe might be in the cards if they announce it's X-Men

Tizoc

thats sooner than expected. Hopefully it doesnt mean its rushed out the door like SF5...

thats exactly what it means isnt it? :3

6 DLC chars huh? guess I gotta buy that deluxe version
Tell me about it; i gotta double dip ps4+steam :s

Come on cdkeys, gimme a good deal!

Zomba13

They're just reusing assets from MVC3, that's why lol

I mean, I know, but I'm still annoyed with them. Why redesign Chris so much (again) to the point where you only really know it really is him because the credits list him as such and then in every other thing that features the character and serves as promotion for the franchise you use an old design.

I mean, I like my Chris big and bulky with the arms to punch boulders, but I just want some consistency.
I mean RE7 should've just kept body builder Chris.

Anyway, might end up getting the deluxe edition. I dunno. Do any/all the statues and stones come with it? Is that just a "more products are available" type thing? Is it just retailer exclusive stuff and whichever one you get it from determines your fighter statue?

Shame about 6 DLC fighters already.

Also, if Sigma is one of the DLC fighters could Ultron also be one? Would be weird to have Ultron Sigma in the base game (I assume as a big boss and not playable) and Ultron but not Sigma.

Where does it say anything about pre-order DLC characters?

The deluxe edition has the 6 DLC characters. Those are definitely not a part of some pre-order bonus.

ScribbleD

They are.

OH SHIT WAIT WHAT? Did I just miss something? I thought Ultron Sigma were only in the trailer because they were the fused to be the main story villain, like how Galactus was the main villain of MvC3, but not obviously not playable.

Did they confirm this? I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY!

Edit: I must be blind if I missed it.

NotLiquid

A boring set of characters to kick off the reveal honestly. No newcomer aside from Ultron shown in terms of game play, kinda wished they'd bring Leon for this iteration instead of Chris but oh well. I'm just glad MvCI is alive and kicking.

Graphics look like an exponential improvement. I'm digging the look of the game tremendously.

J-Skee

I have to admit, I'm not really crazy over the roster so far. I like that they include Captain Marvel, but she might be Phoenix lite in her moveset. I hope the rest of the roster mixes it up with some other appearances we haven't seen in the series yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom