• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Exhibitional Tournament @ E3

Kinda weird after the success of the live presentation and the failure of Directs and the Digital Events.
Looks like you're making stuff up.

Anyways that's cool. I hope there's an ARMS tournament too. I thought there would be a Splatoon tournament and an ARMS tournament.

It looks like it will be a Digital Event which is no problem after all. I love Digital Events and this last Nintendo Direct pretty much perfected it.

Nice. Is there going to be another testfire before this comes out?
We're not sure.

Also I wanted to add this came out of nowhere. Why did Nintendo announce this by itself instead of waiting to announce it with the rest of their E3 plans?

Will there be other games doing a tournament? Is Kimishima about to talk about it this week? I'm now expecting them to fully unveil their E3 plans next week! Pleaseeee do a Mega64 skit again!

I wonder if they're gonna use the basic Testfire weapons or have all weapons available? Didn't the Smash thing actually have the other characters unlocked or something?

Josh5890

Kinda weird after the success of the live presentation and the failure of Directs and the Digital Events.

200.gif

I wonder if they're gonna use the basic Testfire weapons or have all weapons available? Didn't the Smash thing actually have the other characters unlocked or something?
Why would they only use basic weapons? Of course they're going to show off more lol. It's a tournament not a demo and the game will release a month after this tournament.

Neoxon

.............wut? Did you come from Earth-2 or something?

If anything, a good chunk of people hated Nintendo's Switch Presentation. Granted, I didn't mind it, but that's besides the point.

Lol just blatantly making shit up on a board where everyone knows you're making shit up

How i'm making up shit facts are facts look at sales social media followers Youtube subscribers at the time people stop caring about fucking Nintendo except the Nintendo echo chamber. Sony try this campaign and nobody gave a shit and they said fuck this shit. Fucking 110K in the us watch their 2015 E3 presentation. The thing is people in the Nintendogaf echo chamber can't see it.

How i'm making up shit facts are facts look at sales social media followers Youtube subscribers at the time people stop caring about fucking Nintendo except the Nintendo echo chamber. Sony try this campaign and nobody gave a shit and they said fuck this shit. Fucking 110K in the us watch their 2015 E3 presentation. The thing is people in the Nintendogaf echo chamber can't see it.

Its it the other way around lmao.

"Sales social media followers YouTube subscribers"

What kind of sentence is this? You're not even making sense. Relax and take some time off of here.

Regiruler

I'm hella disappointed we didn't get a skit for this announcement like 2014 and 2015.
It's fun to watch when the people playing it really know what they're doing and aren't just games journalists or whatever
No, I don't like watching the tourneys. It's really painful to tell what's going on.

Fighting games present a lot better in that regard. This really should have been an ARMS tournament.

We can still have a Mega64 video of reggie being pelted with paint after Rosco and them gallivant around the city in squid hats.

Yep. Nintendo hasn't announced their full E3 plans. It's weird they announced this early, but they can still do a Mega64 video where they announce this again, Treehouse, Digital Event and whatever else.

ZeoVGM

Banned

2017-04-25_2336.png

You're referring to a re-upload of the event that Nintendo put on their YouTube channel three months later.

watershed

Banned
I love how Nintendo has made some kind of live tournament their lead into E3. It's a great celebration of gaming and just a lot of fun to watch. IIRC it started with the Smash Invitational, then the Mario Maker tournament? Have there been more than that?

I love how Nintendo has made some kind of live tournament their lead into E3. It's a great celebration of gaming and just a lot of fun to watch. IIRC it started with the Smash Invitational, then the Mario Maker tournament? Have there been more than that?

Yeah in 2014 they did the Smash Tournament. In 2015 they did the Nintendo World Championship which consisted of different games including Metroid Prime Federation Force soccer ball game lol.

watershed

Banned
Yeah in 2014 they did the Smash Tournament. In 2015 they did the Nintendo World Championship which consisted of different games including Metroid Prime Federation Force soccer ball game lol.

What did they do last year? I only remember the Zelda reveal and the Treehouse stuff.

Bahorel

Splatoon 1 is absolutely worth picking up, especially since it has a fantastic single-player campaign with levels that feel straight out of Mario Galaxy, and one of the best final bosses in any game ever.

This makes me feel like an idiot for never touching the single player. Maybe I should jump back in...

jdstorm

Banned
Cool.

Hopefully there is an Arms Payperview style fight night. Rent out a boxing type space. Have some famous people and some pro fighting game players jump into the ring. Have enough fights to last 3+ hours. Start with the Celebrities and then Make the main event between 2 known established fighting game players.

The winner of the Main event gets the official ARMS Championship belt.

Top Bottom