• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Street Fighter V DLC character leaked: Ed (the hoodie kid from the campaign)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

For what it's worth, the next silhouette looks NOTHING like Ed. Either he underwent a drastic redesign (including gaining 100 pounds) or the silhouettes might be red herrings.
Only the first (Kolin) and last (Garuda) silhouette were easily ID'able, so there might be something to this.

I think we can now safely assume other 3 characters will also be from the campaign. I mean they have some assets already. So we gonna have the doll characters, guiles superior and Azam. Sounds right?

JayEH

So I guess all the characters will be from story mode. Kinda disappointed there's no "new" characters but whatever. I wanted ed to be a character to be honest and he seems like he could be fun. Guess that means a new trailer is coming soon.

Blueblur1

Folks may not be fans of new characters but they're not shit.

I do think a coherent argument can be made about how less exciting new characters are in comparison to old fan favorites. One might even be able to use Akuma's popularity in SFV as an indicator of that.

Hazzuh

The new characters in SFIV were a mixed bag, SFVs have been so much worse. The character design looks boring.

Eventually we're going to be able to play as every background character.
Personally I can't wait to play as the chef from the Karin stage or as the car from the China stage.

You know he should take more after Balrog. What if he wants fight money too? :p
Past story events show that he has psycho power. He might mix some kind of street fighting in (which would fit his look), but he'll definitely have powers.

Are you speaking from experience as a teacher?

You are a teacher, right? Or am I thinking of someone else?
All of my worst students have glowing eyes.

Kids usually try to put their hoodie up because they are tired, sick, or have a headache.

I hope he's just Boxer and Dictator combined gameplay wise.
What's the difference?

Ryce

I mean they have some assets already.
They really don't, though. Kolin's model was remade, and her animations are completely original. There's nothing from playable Kolin that was taken from story mode.

I think the idea is that Capcom included these characters in story mode to give players an introduction to them before making them playable. There's nothing nefarious or lazy about it. There's as much work going into these characters as anyone else.

If the all the characters were just dudes from the Story when why keep a secret? People were already speculating about them. :p
Based on reactions so far, people are all like "wow seriously these characters suck"

Everyone knew Kolin was coming, then they announce her with a dope trailer that has her as one of the flashiest characters in the game. Ed has a good chance of being pretty rad with psycho power

I wonder if they'll make him a cross between Bison and Balrog, like Psycho Power fists

i'm fine with the all new character thing but i honestly don't know why they are doing it.
wouldn't you bring back old SF characters for hype instead of putting all that energy into completely new one's? i mean they could use a bit more characters that guarantee sales.

again, i'm more than ok with their choice, just really can't figure out the thought process behind it.

I hope he's just Boxer and Dictator combined gameplay wise.
qnk5KEw.png

Neoxon

They really don't, though. Kolin's model was remade, and her animations are completely original. There's nothing from playable Kolin that was taken from story mode.

I think the idea is that Capcom included these characters in story mode to give players an introduction to them before making them playable. There's nothing nefarious or lazy about it. There's as much work going into these characters as anyone else.
This

It's good to expand the SFU with new blood me thinks.
You're wrong. Every SF roster should just be Sagat with a different costume.

And for people who are going "lol garbage character", they redesigned Kolin's face when she was released as a character even though she had a much more prominent role than Ed.

SFV's Slim Shady

He's the protege of Balrog...a.k.a. Dr Dre.

This stuff writes itself.

This.

Neoxon

You're wrong. Every SF roster should just be Sagat with a different costume.

And for people who are going "lol garbage character", they redesigned Kolin's face when she was released as a character even though she had a much more prominent role than Ed.
Just the face? Kolin was completely redone.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Psycho Boxer sounds hype.

Also I don't want to say I told you so to those shouting "Byron is coming" from the mountaintop but, I told you so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom