• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xux

I think they're scaling back some of the animations. The battle anims for most of the Pokemon models themselves seem much more simplified, with the flashy special effects compensating for it. They'll probably save room cutting all that data out of it.
How'd you get that from that much footage? Pokemon had, like, five pretty simple animations in the Stadium games. Did we even see more than two moves per monster?
I have still yet to beat the champion tournaments. Cynthia with her focus sash garchomp makes me die on the inside.
They need to just dump all the old held items and be really conservative with the new ones.

Korosenai

Ice Punch Scrafty with max Attack and Speed EVs and two Dragon Dances can tank it ;)
Good thing I just got done ev training one
Have you considered using Cloyster? That could probably take care of Garchomp pretty easily.
Ill have to look into that. Ive been wanting to keep a couple of high defense pokemon for my team. The only thing that could even be considered for that role right now is my Togekiss.

Not talking about just Garchomp anymore, but do you have any suggestions for any good defensive pokemon? I know ferrothorn is supposed to be pretty good.

backlot

Good thing I just got done ev training one

Ill have to look into that. Ive been wanting to keep a couple of high defense pokemon for my team. The only thing that could even be considered for that role right now is my Togekiss.

Not talking about just Garchomp anymore, but do you have any suggestions for any good defensive pokemon? I know ferrothorn is supposed to be pretty good.

Well Cloyster isn't generally used defensively. Shell Smash is really the reason to use him.

Ferrothorn is a pretty good defensive Pokemon though. I also like Gliscor. It really depends what you're trying to defend against though since both those Pokemon have 4x type weaknesses.

Smellycat

Battles look great, but the overworld looks shockingly bland is borderline DS level. I mean, the game looks like a touched up DQ IX. I thought that the developers would mimic the Pokedex engine.

Battles look great, but the overworld looks shockingly bland is borderline DS level. I mean, the game looks like a touched up DQ IX. I thought that the developers would use the Pokedex engine.

The battle models of the Pokemon themselves are almost certainly from the same source.

I expect all event Pokemon to be DLC'd. No more hacking for them 2+ years in advance.
I'm not sure. The DS supported dlc and they didn't do it. I could see Nintendo offering dlc quests that unlock event or special pokemon. Or for those that haven't bought previous games they could purchase to unlock sets of pokemon such as gen 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 which either are on an exclusive island or allow them to roam within the region. Although, who knows for sure I think those ideas would be good and would be fair as dlc but then again Nintendo has been doing things like this for free with b/w.

injurai

Banned
guys I think I may be leaning towards Y right now, too many standing legendaries as of recently.

Version exclusives will make the final sell of course.

More evidence for team awesome-fox.
GNwBb.png

Hell yes.

ohlawd

Canon-wise, Cynthia is the strongest champion ever.

Well no I just made that shit up because Cynthia's my favorite champion.

Xux

I am talking in terms of the level of the graphics. Not the actual engine.
I know. There's still gonna be more going on on and off screen like lighting, scaling, NPC pathing, and a bunch of other crap I don't really know about.
really? Maybe I need to watch the trailer again.
Yup. Pikachu, Dratini, and Psyduck are the same models as Stadium/Colossusem/Battle Revolution/Pokedex ones.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yveltal reminds me of the Helmaroc King from Wind Waker now that I think about it, I knew it reminded me of something when I first saw it (I immediately thought of Pokemon Jade/Princess Mononoke when Xerneas popped up haha)

Trey

I'm not sure. The DS supported dlc and they didn't do it. I could see Nintendo offering dlc quests that unlock event or special pokemon. Or for those that haven't bought previous games they could purchase to unlock sets of pokemon such as gen 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 which either are on an exclusive island or allow them to roam within the region. Although, who knows for sure I think those ideas would be good and would be fair as dlc but then again Nintendo has been doing things like this for free with b/w.

National Dex and the corresponding Pokemon unlocks being DLC? Fuck that.

Edit: I reread it and it's not as bad as I thought.

I still think X and Y should have all Pokemon catchable in game.

Agreed, the rainbow antlers on Xerneas are kind of girly...

Hold the phone guys...Xerneas's antlers are girly. On Pokemon X. For the Nintendo 3DS.

I don't think the people playing Pokemon X (hell, even the people who own a 3DS in the first place) care about something like that.

And they're not girly, they're like shards of glass infused with molten rock.

Gravijah

Not sure where this DLC crap is coming from. It might have DLC (though highly unlikely) but it'll be event legends. I don't expect every single Pokemon to be in the games, though it would be nice, but we should be able to get at least 500-600 across both games.

injurai

Banned
National Dex and the corresponding Pokemon unlocks being DLC? Fuck that.

He means like Pokemon otherwise confined to another game can become reachable through your game with dlc. Still I don't like that approach though.

But you could still use the National Dex and get previous pokemon like you always could.

Macka

Yveltal reminds me of the Helmaroc King from Wind Waker now that I think about it, I knew it reminded me of something when I first saw it (I immediately thought of Pokemon Jade/Princess Mononoke when Xerneas popped up haha)
Yeah, Yveltal definitely reminds me of the Helmaroc King...and I'm okay with that. Love the elk as well though - very happy with the legendaries actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom