• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Rizzi

I logged in for the first time since November I think. First thing my mage got was Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus.

I'm a little insulted.

Tarazet

It took 8 tries at level 110 characters to get one who started out with two good raid DPS legendaries.

Shaman - Emalon's Charged Core, Roots of Shaladrassil, Spiritual Journey, Storm Tempests, Eye of the Twisting Nether
Warrior - nothing yet
Rogue - nothing yet
Druid - Cinidaria and Prydaz
DK - Prydaz
Warlock - Feretory of Souls and Norgannon's Foresight
Priest - Norgannon's Foresight
Mage - Marquee Bindings of the Sun King and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish

Rizzi

EsHuzd2.jpg

Just how expensive do traits get? D:

peter0611

Hi. I'm looking for a casual raiding and\or Mythic+ guild in the NA region, and figured it would be cool to join one with fellow Gaffers. I'm currently on the Alliance and the Eldre'Thalas realm but willing to transfer if necessary.

I feel queuing as DPS is the most painful thing ever. I've been stuck in queue for nearly 3 1/2 hours and still at 0/0/1 *sigh*

What are you trying to queue for?

If you've been in queue that long, it was probably bugged, as rarely happens, though you may have been queuing for something extremely obscure too.

TheYanger

I'm 902 with Seal of Necrofantasia, and I guess I do decent DPS. I just feel really starved for runes sometimes.

I think it's either a talent thing (freezing fog vs horn of winter) or my haste being low (19%). Still the most fun class I've played this expansion, though.

What's your current build??

I agree though, the spec is in a great spot right now.

Feed me those tips.

How does frost DK play? My only experience playing melee in this game so far in PVE has been arms warrior in EN and fury for a bit of NH.

Speaking of Frost DKs, I finally got my Seal of Necrofantasia today... 10th legendary ._. I'm a real DK now!

Grats! ouch on it being 10th -_- just in time for it to fall out of favor for the new chest and the bracers! :p

As far as all the rest...uh, not sure without specific ideas what information people want. As far as how frost plays, well the real truth is that DK itself is just the best designed class. Legion sort of 'dumbed down' the rune system a bit, but it didn't drastically alter anything for the worse (blood might be a little less fun now imo, but the dps specs are fine). DKs are awesome because like many melee it's a resource based class rather than a cooldown based class - you spam buttons like mad and it mostly comes down to wisely judging your resource situation, rather than just hitting shit on CD. Runes feed into runic power which feed BACK into runes, creating a very good synergistic feedback loop that most classes lack. I've always thought of it as almost like a more complex rogue:
6 runes = 3 energy bars (You only regen 3 runes at once), everything costs 50 energy, and RP is a more granular form of combo point.

Frost specifically is fun as fuck because for a long time it's been one of the most machine gun-proc based specs in the game, you mash quickly and you need to alter your rotation based on what procs you're getting or what timers are coming up etc, it's a lot of very small window min-maxxing that separates good players from bad ones. Deceptively simple due to the low amount of buttons, but really easy to create errors.

Unholy is more methodical and planned out, you're usually planning your rune usage 10-15 seconds into the future, at minimum. I vastly prefer frost, but UH has its place as well.

Rizzi

People are now requiring 890 ilvl for regular mythic dungeons. What, did mythics suddenly get difficult in the last few months?

Rizzi

Well, they did bump the difficulty/drops slightly of heroics and regular mythics. But also, 890 is pretty much welfare gear level at this point too.

I just came back and have 863 ilvl. So I apparently have no chance of getting in to a mythic dungeon without praying that my world quest rewards upgrade I guess.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
890 for M0 is absurd.

I haven't done a ton since the difficulty increase after Broken Shore release, but if logic holds, 860ish (which is achievable via heroic/WQ warforges and/or LFR Nighthold) should be more appropriate.

Granted, with the 880+ Relinquished nethershard gear, Broken shore world boss 900+ gear (of which you currently get free seals for bonus rolling in NA), and 940 legendaries, you should be able to get up past 870+ real quick.

Just farm under the Sentinax for a fair chunk and/or always do the follower mission for the 7500 shards when the command center is up.

Corpekata

Banned
If they put 890 they basically just mean they want a faceroll. M0 drops 865 gear so around 850ish is more than appropriate for someone that knows what they are doing.

It's easy enough to do mythics these days outside of those folks. Starting your own group will get people in eventually.

Though joining a guild that fits your style is likely the best route.

Also a 3 hour q is likely something broken. I play on one of the deadest servers in the game and that's unheard of.

Macrotus

Absurd requirements in Premade LFG isn't nothing new.
I've seen groups require AOTC for a Normal NH run.

Impossible to get in if you started recently.

Jesus the broken shore is a miserable experience. Every time you wanna do something you pull like a dozen mobs. I can hardly kill 1. How do you survive in this zone? And do people even group for these WBs? I waited around and nobody was grouping/fighting some of these bosses.

Jesus the broken shore is a miserable experience. Every time you wanna do something you pull like a dozen mobs. I can hardly kill 1. How do you survive in this zone? And do people even group for these WBs? I waited around and nobody was grouping/fighting some of these bosses.
Right click on the WQ in your quest tracker and click Find Group. If it just searches for more than a second or two, type /reload and do it again.

As you're 110 now you might look into the World Quest Group Finder addon.

If you're talking about the green skull bosses, search their name in group finder and there's usually somebody running a group for them.

TheYanger

KEep in mind you're like, 100 item levels lower than this stuff. Getting just a little bit of gear will make a lot of difference.

Rizzi

Good, potentially looking even better in ToS, but legendary dependent. There's 3-5 of the legendaries that are real fucking duds, with the others having significant effect on your DPS.
I really don't like how significant legendary items are to how some classes play. Leaving such an important factor up to complete chance seems a little off.

Nokterian

Found two addons i think that where not only memory hogs but also performance decreasing. ElvUI/BenkUI (it is a combo breaker) and my favorite Zygor (those are guides there not against ToS) that one was using over 250mb and that is a lot, i use a lot of other addons and yet there not bigger at most 5mb maybe 10.

Since i got a new PC i removed WTF file and addons file did a clean install, seems to be working now so far so good.

Also here is my Night Elf Balance Druid.

Reached 110 finally.. 110 wasn't hard to get. I could have reached it a month or so ago but, I've been lazy and leveling alts and dicking around. I got my ilevel up to 860 now. Did a mythic dungeon and was underwhelmed. I thought Mythic was hard. I thought it was only slightly harder then Heroic.

Did a 40 man WQ. That was crazy. 40+ people fighting a World Boss with over a billion HP. My PC shockingly did not lag or slow down at all.

KEep in mind you're like, 100 item levels lower than this stuff. Getting just a little bit of gear will make a lot of difference.

But, I don't think I'll be able to survive against a dozen mobs @_@.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Frost DK or Frost Mage?

I heard both are good. Does all three mage specs still require runes of power and all that 'stand near this dumb shit' stuff?

Leveled my paladin to 100.

That 100-110 again though...Zzzz.

Probably just gonna do invasions casually again.

But that's finally all classes to 100 at least. Probably won't level any low level class again for a long time (unless I work on getting Herald of the Titans.)

Leveling the paladin to this point took around 46 hours it looks like. Though I know some of that was me going AFK and getting kicked off the server. Two XP pots was probably overkill, the one took me from 92-98 in Gorgrond --- if I had help with the elite mob quest dudes, I probably would've just needed the one. So I kinda wasted 20k gold or so on the second, but it did get me halfway to 101 in overflow XP, so I guess that's fine.

I think another good time to make use of the XP pot though is somewhere in Northrend. Not sure how or when exactly, but that dragged on longer than any other given period of time.

ch0mp

Absurd requirements in Premade LFG isn't nothing new.
I've seen groups require AOTC for a Normal NH run.

Impossible to get in if you started recently.
These aren't absurd at all. Groups like this just want to knock out the content in 30 mins, not carry new players or crappy alts.

Corpekata

Banned
These aren't absurd at all. Groups like this just want to knock out the content in 30 mins, not carry new players or crappy alts.

I mean, just because they have their reasons doesn't mean it's not absurd still.

Half the people I've seen demanding AOTC for easy content are screeching loonies that have a massively inflated ego that have no room demanding it of others.

Tarazet

I'm in a pretty strange situation. I have 4 different casters that all have about 890 ilvl, 2 legendaries and Nighthold raid finder 4 piece. Shaman, Druid, Mage, Warlock. None of them has been into normal Nighthold, because I just don't pull the trigger on pugging it, and my guild has been dead since TOV came out.

The Shaman has no trouble getting into groups up to around +6, the others struggle to get a +2 but usually perform well if invited since the 4 piece bonuses are pretty strong. EVERY keystone I ever get is fucking Cathedral cancer...

spootime

Grats! ouch on it being 10th -_- just in time for it to fall out of favor for the new chest and the bracers! :p

As far as all the rest...uh, not sure without specific ideas what information people want. As far as how frost plays, well the real truth is that DK itself is just the best designed class. Legion sort of 'dumbed down' the rune system a bit, but it didn't drastically alter anything for the worse (blood might be a little less fun now imo, but the dps specs are fine). DKs are awesome because like many melee it's a resource based class rather than a cooldown based class - you spam buttons like mad and it mostly comes down to wisely judging your resource situation, rather than just hitting shit on CD. Runes feed into runic power which feed BACK into runes, creating a very good synergistic feedback loop that most classes lack. I've always thought of it as almost like a more complex rogue:
6 runes = 3 energy bars (You only regen 3 runes at once), everything costs 50 energy, and RP is a more granular form of combo point.

Frost specifically is fun as fuck because for a long time it's been one of the most machine gun-proc based specs in the game, you mash quickly and you need to alter your rotation based on what procs you're getting or what timers are coming up etc, it's a lot of very small window min-maxxing that separates good players from bad ones. Deceptively simple due to the low amount of buttons, but really easy to create errors.

Unholy is more methodical and planned out, you're usually planning your rune usage 10-15 seconds into the future, at minimum. I vastly prefer frost, but UH has its place as well.

Thanks! Good explanation. I'm kind of torn between rerolling frost now or waiting and seeing what the retooled arms warr feels like.

Do you guys think we'll see anything about legacy servers at blizzcon this year? It seems like more and more people are interested in them / playing them. I know sodapoppin has been playing TBC like 8 hours a day or something.

Hey guys sorry for asking a possibly dumb question.

Is Paladin still a really solid soloing class?

I haven't played since right before deathknights.

Is the LFG tool solid for finding heroic groups? (Are heroic 5 mans even still a thing?)

I used to raid pretty crazily but just trying to hop back in and have casual fun.

cdyhybrid

Hey guys sorry for asking a possibly dumb question.

Is Paladin still a really solid soloing class?

I haven't played since right before deathknights.

Is the LFG tool solid for finding heroic groups? (Are heroic 5 mans even still a thing?)

I used to raid pretty crazily but just trying to hop back in and have casual fun.

Soloing what? If you just mean soloing world quests and stuff, yeah - everyone can solo stuff out in the world well enough.

If you mean old raids and stuff, Prot is probably pretty good, but not the top tier.

Also, yes, you can use the LFG tool for pretty much anything.

Lain

When were weekly quests changed in EU to end on Tuesday? I thought I still had today to complete timewalking stuff on some characters only to find out the event is gone.

Top Bottom