• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The War Z: shady, misleading and false advertising.

Parallacs

I just thought of the ultimate game:

1. Take the WarZ Colorado map.
2. Increase server population to 200.
3. Give everyone Big Rigs with no clipping
4. Remove zombies

gutabo

Just saw this thread. Vindication feels good. Can't say I feel good for the people that has been(and that will be)scammed by Titov. I posted a lot on WarZ's OT(starting here, went on for many pages), before the game's "release" trying to convince people not to get scammed. There was people defending the game there too. How can people defend this POS game? Well justice is slow but sure coming(hopefully). A shame that Titov is (still)making money out of this. Can't wait for the DayZ standalone, I loved early Dayz play, buggy but honest and with no hackers, you could actually make "friends" out of total strangers most of the time(and that's why I had a hero skin last time I checked).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
What do you think Valve really cares about more? A bunch of angry people who probably weren't going to buy the game anyway? Or the fact that it's the #1 selling game on steam right now and probably will remain so until the Winter sale?

Valve is running a business. They're not our best bro that's always looking out for us, they're trying to make money and The War Z is making them money. Mot to mention that Valve's customer service is a fucking joke, I have a ticket from six months ago that NEVER got a response.

Don't like it? Take your money elsewhere, free market style. I'm sure GreenManGaming, Amazon, GameFly, and GamersGate would enjoy the patronage. Hell, even Origin is getting it's shit sorted out at a quick rate.

I think Valve cares very much about their reputation and the goodwill they have built up over the years. It's a part of why they've been so successful over the years.

So, yeah, I think Valve might care about their customers a bit more than this flash-in-the-pan dinky little game around which bad word of mouth is spreading rapidly.

Well Valve just sell the games, and they cant be responsible for crap developers do.

But the developers in this case have crossed all boundaries and are perpetrating a scam on the Steam platform. If this isn't a good enough reason for Valve to step in, I don't know what is. Seriously, shame on Valve for letting this happen.

I feel sorry for all the folks who are buying this game without knowing these details. Not everyone visits reddit or gaming forums after all. And I feel a sense of malevolence towards the people perpetrating the scam, complicit in it or defending it.

Parallacs

This thread just keeps delivering.
I keep wondering if I'll wake up tomorrow and find that it was all a bad dream.

WarZ? What are you talking about Pam? Why don't you join me for a shower?

PgQFz.jpg

Saw this at the bottom of the Reddit link from above:

Not sure if this has been brought up in the thread yet. Big Rigs is probably the best PC game of all time (to watch on youtube).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMnMOEB1zmE

How could you not have heard of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing's production designer, director of photography, co-producer, programmer, and visionary genius Sergey Titov?

It is his vision of WINNERNESS that has made The War Z so great.

Card Boy

Banned
Quality assurance is stupid for a platform as big and open as steam should be imo. Buyer beware and all that stuff.

The Apple App Store is loads bigger than Steam and the apps are still screened by Apple and made sure they work. Sure crap slips through like unofficial Pokemon roms but at least they check the apps for the most part. Valve really needs to do the same instead of letting their costumers QA for them.

gutabo

Are You serious Gez?
Beta complains
LOL complains
Valid complain
--
So You are saying that he could play like retard, because it was his first time even after many hours in DayZ? And what i'm defending? I just said he is bad as a player.
I'm not the one who is making up problems.

Hi. Are you this thread's dubq?

antitrop

Where's this from?
70's, 80's, 90's soap opera Dallas.

It's considered one of the lamest moments in television because of what it does to the plotline:

"Bobby Ewing's death in the season eight finale, alongside his subsequent absence during the following season, was explained away at the beginning of season ten as a dream of Pamela Barnes Ewing, thus effectively erasing everything that had happened during season nine"

The picture of the guy in the shower is Bobby Ewing from the beginning of season ten and that's the moment it was revealed to all be a dream.

WX3

That's the game that has cops in action on the cover and in the games description but doesn't actually have any cops whatsoever in the fucking thing? At $99, if that sold even one copy this clown must be a marketing genius what with all the bold faced lying he does to sell his shit. We need some really skilled hacks to attack anything WarZ related, for the good of the community of course.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Parallacs

So they're allowed to use "Fanboys" on the official forums but not on the Steam Sub-forum, eh?

I'm totally not a TotalBiscuit fanboy, but I do enjoy his videos, he seems like a fairly informed fellow.

Also I noticed CareBear in several of their signature lines. I have no idea what that means but it is banned on the steam forums.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Also I noticed CareBear in several of their signature lines. I have no idea what that means but it is banned on the steam forums.

That's amazing.

I also love the shit out of this quote
the Steam page, which had too much misinformation on it, and has been changed.

So basically, Steam page has misinformation on it, he admits that much! But who puts the information on the Steam page? The fucking developer

Edit: OH, he wrote it while he was high. Yes, indeed, that post does sound like the work of someone who's high.

zoukka

Some of the "reveals" are your average publisher behaviour and people were like "omg I unveiled a conspiracy here guys!"

Of course they will halt development if the game doesn't monetize.

WX3

Did bishoptl remove the question mark from the thread title lol?
That's why I pat GAF mods on the back, they miss nothing.

I have to go to bed before I break a blood vessel in my head. While following the news on this disgrace I have been involved in a heated facebook discussion (yea I know...) with my pal that plunked down the $15 for this title. It's been a frustrating evening that even after pointing him to this thread plus the best of the rest, his last response was something like "Well overall its not bad for that price...".

Fuck you too.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Gotta love this definition of what a review is.
SomeDudeonthatforum said:
Review: A detailed analysis of the game's strengths and weaknesses written objectively and based upon a thorough playing of the game

Can someone please point me out to the nearest objectively written review please.

Edit: God, places like that makes one truly appreciate what GAF is.

Some of the "reveals" are your average publisher behaviour and people were like "omg I unveiled a conspiracy here guys!"

Of course they will halt development if the game doesn't monetize.

Really? Please point me to an "average" publisher selling an alpha in Steam and pointing out features that don't even exist in the game, or never will.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Apparently, if you hit decline to new TOS, you can restart the game and it won't ask you again. Regardless of this glitch that may be fixed soon, you can't ask for refunds anymore.

Also, users getting banned from steam community for saying anything negative.

rGgfM.png

Kewk works for the devs.

I remember this guy! Used to work for Activision, always in the Guitar Hero/Rock Band threads. Melted down when I called him out on something, can't remember what it was, but highly entertaining nonetheless. He's working for these guys? Shocking.

demolitio

I remember this guy! Used to work for Activision, always in the Guitar Hero/Rock Band threads. Melted down when I called him out on something, can't remember what it was, but highly entertaining nonetheless. He's working for these guys? Shocking.

Hell, just the "reason" for the ban in that pic is enough to tell me he shouldn't have any sort of power in any way.

I feel bad buying this game back towards Halloween since others I knew got it as well. I had a bad feeling but ignored it anyway out of boredom...lol

At least my copy of Hitman on PC is finally running thanks to the latest patch. I haven't been able to play it since launch after I completed the tutorial and then could never run the game again while the developer asked for my crash dump and then ignored it. I'm good at this...

Amazed at some of the stuff going on here. And as usual, amazed at what some on GAF are willing to defend.

Good to see that a lot are calling out both these hacks and Valve on this crap.

Top Bottom