• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Final Boss fight leaked

kaze2xo

Neo Member
What I heard was they shut down because they were given a huge fine that they had no way of paying.

No, its still open. I live just down the street from it and go to it from time to time. I remembering hearing about the leak the next day and going down to see if could score a copy. Unfortunately, the Nintendo ninjas had already been there the previous night and completely scared the owner shitless.

lol I was not expecting anywhere near that I even doubt you can find 50 named characters in Zelda

what made you think 50 was a good bet?

They dug up Bug Girl. Anyone will be fair game if there are more of these things. The OoT sages that haven't been used yet, skull kid, link's mask transformations, random bombers' notebook people, tingle, groose, dark link, the happy mask salesman, purple ALBW shopkeeper, what's-her-name from ALBW whose name I've forgot, Crazy Tracy, wind waker characters whether they're cel-shaded or adapted to more similar art styles, every humanoid boss...,

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Not surprised by the character count. The game seems closer to the Sengoku Basara series, focusing on a smaller number of characters with more distinct styles. And maybe more in-depth story mode.

Didn't watch the video to the boss, going to save that, but yeah it looks as if it was an easy mode playthrough. Not bothered, still looking forward to the game.

They dug up Bug Girl. Anyone will be fair game if there are more of these things. The OoT sages that haven't been used yet, skull kid, link's mask transformations, random bombers' notebook people, tingle, groose, dark link, the happy mask salesman, purple ALBW shopkeeper, what's-her-name from ALBW whose name I've forgot, Crazy Tracy, wind waker characters whether they're cel-shaded or adapted to more similar art styles, every humanoid boss...,

yes characters on the level of bug girl sure, as long as they are a bunch of cute girls they are in for Hyrule Warriors 2 if it happens

I would expect the next game to have 30 max and mostly girls

The other Warriors games. Plus, they were revealing no-names like Agitha and inventing their own characters.

Agatha has her own collection gimmick you can expect those characters to show up even Jim Sterling expected the bug girl so it is not so strange that she is in

as far as inventing new ones this is a Warriors game it needed a setting to create a musou gameplay around

it would not be interesting to get 50 lame nobodies playable that is for sure

you would want them to have interesting move sets not just copies of each other I would expect 30 max in a sequel as I said above

if you want to reach 50 you must go back and count every Sage, every Quest giver or collection character and see if they add up as long as they are named they can show up maybe you'll get your 50 but not really betting on it

I liked her at first but now that the roster seems incredibly small, Agitha seems like a really dumb decision now considering we're not getting Groose/Tingle/Skull Kid. Not to mention the 'toon' games and classic stuff level/character wise completely getting the shaft.

I liked her at first but now that the roster seems incredibly small, Agitha seems like a really dumb decision now considering we're not getting Groose/Tingle/Skull Kid. Not to mention the 'toon' games and classic stuff level/character wise completely getting the shaft.

she is not if they are limiting to only TP OoT and SS

Saria is the only seriously limiting issue here and I thing LANA stole her Deku move set they must have run out of time because I think Saria got robbed Agitha fits she was significant enough in Twilight Princess she is the bug princess she is significant

yes characters on the level of bug girl sure, as long as they are a bunch of cute girls they are in for Hyrule Warriors 2 if it happens

I would expect the next game to have 30 max and mostly girls

Do they have that many girls left? Hilda, the gerudo sage, saria, tetra, the twinrova witches.... Anything else I can think of would take some outright lunacy, like making anju a fighter.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Do they have that many girls left? Hilda, the gerudo sage, saria, tetra, the twinrova witches.... Anything else I can think of would take some outright lunacy, like making anju a fighter.

No Ashei? No Farore? No Nayru? No Din? No Veran? No Malon? I can go on and on if need be.

Majora's Mask has the dancers and many other girls which I can't name since I never really played that game much

but just thinking about Tecmo Koei's target audience and how they tried to make this with a lot of female fighters Team Ninja is really girl focused with DOA and stuff so they have a liking for that

Sure, but how does it happen?

Does she die, does she go back good, does Ganon kill her?

that would be a story spoiler I would not want to know until I play it myself

I do not mind watching the Final Boss fight because I already knew who it would be but that is not something I was to read about here

she is not if they are limiting to only TP OoT and SS

Saria is the only seriously limiting issue here and I thing LANA stole her Deku move set they must have run out of time because I think Saria got robbed Agitha fits she was significant enough in Twilight Princess she is the bug princess she is significant
TP still inexplicably has more reps than OoT/SS, and Groose was a far bigger part of SS than Agitha was of TP. If they wanted things to be equal between those three games, besides Groose the OoT portion of the game should've had somebody like Twinrova to fill out the villain role alongside Zant and Ghirahim for the other two games.

It's also my only big problem I find with the game.
Agitha was a cool addition if it came with other crazy ass characters from each game. Now she is the only exception and was only added becuase, and pardon my bad language, some of the devs that worked on the game like to fap to gothic lolitas.
And I don't even hate Aghita (really find her funny in TP and thought it was a cool crazy character to have at first), but her inclusion being because of that dampens in my eyes some of the work done for this game.

Going to buy it on first day and probably enjoy it inmensely but it doesnt take away that negative thing about it.
And really hoping gor HW2 with fanservice from ALL the games and more crazy characters, and this game not being a once in a lifetime celebration thing, becuase Aghita's inclusion would be even worse if thats the case.

dan2026

I dont get why people keep saying you have to play a musou game on hard in order to 'get it'.

If hard mode is the true mode then why isnt it the standard difficulty?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I dont get why people keep saying you have to play a musou game on hard in order to 'get it'.

You would then complain about how hard the game is and want an easier difficulty level.

And really hoping gor HW2 with fanservice from ALL the games and more crazy characters, and this game not being a once in a lifetime celebration thing, becuase Aghita's inclusion would be even worse if thats the case.

Nintendo has never hesitated to create sequels to profitable spinoffs before. In addition, the other licensed warriors games have mostly gotten sequels as well. If it sells well it'll probably get one.

As much as everyone likes the legend of zelda, I'm still waiting for the inevitable realisation that this is just a Musou game with a zelda skin. You could just as easily put Lu Bu in this game and it wouldn't even look that out of place. I think Musou games are fine for what they are, but thinking this game will transcend the genre just because you can bomb some dodongo's seems a bit short sighted in my opinion. Even just watching the video and watching link spam the magic spin slash tells me about all I need to know about this game.

I look forward to the inevitable IGN - Exclusive Review 11/10 - "It's pretty good"

TP still inexplicably has more reps than OoT/SS, and Groose was a far bigger part of SS than Agitha was of TP. If they wanted things to be equal between those three games, besides Groose the OoT portion of the game should've had somebody like Twinrova to fill out the villain role alongside Zant and Ghirahim for the other two games.

I agree they have not really gone out to balance things out that is why most here had jokingly called it Harem Zelda

you can easily see Groose would work here so that is kinda lame to have him missing

maybe they really are planning a second game

NeonZ

Some of Musou's developers have openly talked in interviews (not about this specific game though, I think) about how they aim to make the standard difficulty a "pleasant"difficulty where you can win just going with the flow and having fun doing whatever you want.

Still, that obviously isn't actually fun to many players who worry about the lack of difficulty, so, for players who want a challenge, it's usually recommended to start on hard. It's not just increased stats for enemies, it also makes the AI more aggressive, attacking more often and such, and that applies even to your allies too in some games.

Effect

I guess it's time to ignore all further Hyrule Warrior post. I hate that this would be put out there. Can't even further talk about the game for fear someone will post this and not spoiler hide it correctly. We all know that's going to happen at some point or someone is going to be an ass and do it on purpose. Ugh.

Exile20

As much as everyone likes the legend of zelda, I'm still waiting for the inevitable realisation that this is just a Musou game with a zelda skin. You could just as easily put Lu Bu in this game and it wouldn't even look that out of place. I think Musou games are fine for what they are, but thinking this game will transcend the genre just because you can bomb some dodongo's seems a bit short sighted in my opinion. Even just watching the video and watching link spam the magic spin slash tells me about all I need to know about this game.

I look forward to the inevitable IGN - Exclusive Review 11/10 - "It's pretty good"

What does it tell you?

Actually a full scale land war game where you control 1 combatant and most likely will die has never been done before, due to obvious technical difficulties. I think the total war games are the closes I have seen at mimicking the look of a real land battle with thousands of people.

Not according to the A.I. many people complain about for musou games. Can't speak for harder difficulty modes on my part, but these epic 1 vs entire armies seems appealing at first but later gets repetitive and lackluster at times. I've never played the total war games so I can't have an input on that. Might check it out some time.

I stil think Hyrule Warriors is going to be a very fun game to play and I hope it provides a good challenge.

Top Bottom